Best Handheld Steam Cleaner for Mattresses
Unless you’re the type of person who regularly researches the amount of dirt you can find in unexpected places, the majority of people don’t know how dirty their mattresses are. Take a moment to think about it, your mattress is something that you use every single day for years on end and in most cases, you probably don’t clean it. Even simply vacuuming a mattress isn’t enough; you’re going to want to find the best handheld steam cleaner for mattresses.
These devices are designed to give you a thorough clean that will not only get rid of dust mites and allergens, but also dirt that settles into the soft padding of your bed. They’re easy to use, easy to carry around, and can even travel with you. Below are 3 of the best handheld mattress steam cleaners money can buy.
Jump to Our Top Picks:
What to Look for in Handheld Steam Cleaner for Mattresses
Before getting into the list, it’s important to consider what you should be looking for in the average steam cleaner. Unlike floors, mattresses need to be cleaned with care because too much water in a plush surface without sufficient drying time can lead to mold and mildew. The majority of mattress-approved steamers offer features to make cleaning your bed easier.
- Spot/Stain Lifter: The first thing you should look for in your ideal steamer is a spot/stain lifter. It’s quite often that you can get stains in your mattress from spilling coffee, accidents from children, or even pets sleeping in your bed. Within those stains there are millions of bacteria that can cause odors and essentially ruin your mattress forever. A spot/stain lifter will not only get rid of the bacteria, but also return your mattress to its original pristine condition.
- Continuous Suction: When you’re steaming a mattress you’re going to want a device that doesn’t put a ton of water into the fibers, otherwise it will take forever for your bed to dry. Ideally, your steam cleaner should offer some type of suction so that any excess water is brought back into the unit, reducing your drying time by at least half, if not more.
- Fast Heating: Cleaning a mattress is a chore in itself and that last thing you’ll want is to have to wait 15 minutes for your handheld device to heat the water enough to where the vapor is ready. The faster it heats, the faster you can start cleaning.
- Cleaning Accessories: As another important component to have, you’re going to want to make sure that cleaning accessories are included with your steamer. Not only does it make the unit more adaptable to a variety of surfaces, but also it simply makes it easier to clean your mattress. Some type of agitating brush or tough bristles is essential for picking up dirt that could be hidden in the fibers of your bed.
All About Our Best Steam Cleaners for Mattresses
Now that you’re aware of what you should be looking for, we’ve made a list of the top 3 mattress steam cleaners that every household needs. They’re all affordable, easy to use, and a tool that you’ll find yourself reaching for more often than you think.
The Bissell Spotlifter is everything that you could ever ask for in a mattress steamer, as it’s adaptable to any surface – especially plush surfaces. Whether you’re the type of person that prefers to take advantage of the all natural clean from steam or if you want to add Bissell cleaning solutions to the water, the option is yours. Overall its performance is phenomenal with removing stains and odor-causing bacteria.
- 18’ Power Cord
- Motorized Dual Brush Roll
- Power Brush
- Manual Spray Trigger
- Removable Brush Cartridge
- Simultaneous Spray and Suction
- Motorized Dual Brush Roll: The dual brush roll is one of the best features of the Bissell Spotlifter as it agitates dirt from the deepest fibers of your mattress and brings them to the surface. This occurs while the steam penetrates the mattress, helping to remove even more dirt. If you’re looking for a tool that is going to give you a deep and thorough clean, this is definitely the one to choose.
- Simultaneous Spray and Suction: Unlike the majority of other handheld steamers for mattresses on the market, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of simultaneous spray and suction. This means as you steam clean any surface, the vacuum will suction all of the extra moisture with every swipe, minimizing the amount of time you have to wait for the surface to dry.
- Manual Spray Trigger: It’s best to have complete control over the amount of steam that comes out of your cleaner, especially when you’re dealing with plush surfaces as you won’t want to put too much water into the mattress. With the manual spray trigger you have complete control over the steamer, giving you the ability to customize the way you clean.
PureClean Steam Cleaner
The PureClean Steam Cleaner is a convenient tool that boasts an impressive accessory set with 9 separate pieces. It can be used on multiple surfaces and for multiple purposes, offering a chemical-free clean for every surface. With minimal customization options, using the PureClean unit will be incredibly easy and straightforward.
- Natural Steam Cleaning
- 8’ Power Cord
- Multipurpose Cleaning
- 3 to 4 Minute Warm Up
- 9 Piece Accessory Set
- Natural Steam Cleaning: There’s no need to worry about adding any chemicals into the steamer, which is great when you’re working on a surface that you’ll be sleeping on. The hot steam will kill up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria that not only cause odors, but can also cause allergies.
- 3 to 4 Minute Warm Up: By only taking up to 4 minutes for the steam to be produced by the cleaner, you’ll be able to start working on your mattress in no time! If you’re in a rush, you’ll always be reaching for the PureClean Steam Cleaner.
- 9 Piece Accessory Set: If you’re the type of home owner that loves having one tool that you can use for multiple purposes, you’ll surely love this unit. Its 9 included cleaning attachments make it easier to clean many parts of your home including patios, bathrooms, bedrooms, and even your car.
Bizond Mini Clothing Steamer
Although its name may be deceiving, the Bizond Mini Clothing Steamer is suitable for not only getting wrinkles out of your favorite blouse but for cleaning your mattress as well. With a reasonably sized power cord and an incredibly small design, it’s a unit that is easy to pack and bring with you wherever you go. Though don’t let its size fool you, it’s also a powerful machine that can get the job done.
- 5’ Power Cord
- Nano Polymer Filter
- Electronic Pump System
- 25 Second Warm Up
- Auto Overheating Protection
- Nano Polymer Filter: With the majority of steamers it’s recommended that you use distilled water to help prolong the life of the unit and prevent the build up of calcium. With the Bizond Clothing Steamer you can use regular tap water, as the nano polymer filter helps to purify the water with every use.
- Electronic Pump System: If you’ve used an inexpensive steamer before you’ve undoubtedly encountered spills and puddles as a result of water spitting. The revolutionary electronic pump system inside of the unit is designed to prevent any excessive water production so all you’ll have to worry about is controlling the steam.
|Bissell Spotlifter||PureClean Steam Cleaner||Bizond Clothing Steamer|
|Weight||8.5 lbs.||5.1 lbs.||1.3 lbs.|
|Power Cord Length||18’||9.8’||6.5’|
|Deep Cleaning Brush|
|Included Cleaning Accessories||Yes – Power brush||Yes – Straight nozzle, bent nozzle, nylon brush, ironing brush, extension hose, ironing brush cover, measuring cup, and funnel||Yes – Brush fabric steamer|
Our #1 Pick – The Best Handheld Steam Cleaner for Mattresses
If you’re looking for the single best handheld steamer for a mattress you should sincerely consider the Bissell Spotlifter. As an all-inclusive cleaning tool, it can’t get any better. Although it may not have an assortment of cleaning attachments like other steamers, it offers power and versatility in ways that others can’t. For example, giving you the ability to spot treat deep stains and agitate dirt out of deep mattress fibers.
The main feature that really caught our eye was the steam and suction component that allows you to clean your mattress with 100% natural steam and suction excess liquid simultaneously. On average, home owners can spend up to 4 hours waiting for their mattresses to dry which is time consuming and incredibly inconvenient, especially when you’re in a rush. You can cut your drying time in half simply by taking advantage of this unit.
Also, Bissell has a strong hold on the steam cleaning industry which means you’ll not only be getting a device that is tested and true, but also a device that allows you to get the deepest clean possible. You’ll never experience a better night’s sleep than after you’ve taken the time to steam clean your mattress.
Recommended Cleaning Guides for You:
Categorised in: Steam Cleaner