Best Robotic Vacuum for Dog Hair 2019
Robotic vacuums have become the new way to clean your home and if you’re a pet owner, you’re undoubtedly looking for the best robotic vacuum for dog hair on the market. There are several great models out there but the iRobot Roomba 980 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is the best solution for your pet hair problems. In this guide, we will discuss the pros and the cons of the unit as well as its unique features and specs to help you make the right decision.
All About Our Best Robotic Vacuum for Dog Hair
As a dog owner, you should be accustomed to the surreal amount of hair that you’ll experience throughout your pet’s lifetime, especially if you own a breed that is known for shedding.
Dealing with dog hair can be incredibly difficult, especially if you’re only equipped with a traditional broom and vacuum. The iRobot Roomba 980 is a revolutionary cleaning agent that you can use to your advantage on multiple occasions, whether you’re cleaning right before a party or if you’ve noticed an accumulation of pet hair on your floor throughout the week.
It offers a comprehensive list of sensors, automatic docking, and recharging, automatic adjustments depending on the type of flooring, 3-stage cleaning systems, and more.
The iRobot Roomba 980 Features
|3-Stage Cleaning System|
|Dimensions||13.9” x 13.9” x 3.6”|
|Battery Life||120 minutes|
|Recharge & Resume|
|iRobot HOME App|
The iRobot Roomba 980 is recommended for the home owner that is searching for the perfect tool to help keep their home clean. There’s nothing more beneficial than being able to program a robotic vacuum to tackle the hard parts of cleaning for you. With the use of its smart navigation features, the convenient iRobot HOME App, carpet boost technology, and AeroForce Cleaning System, the options are endless.
The unit would make the ideal gift for a friend or family member, but it would also be the perfect addition in your own home, as you won’t have to worry about buying alternative cleaning tools such as brooms and vacuums.
Features at a Glance
- Low profile cleaning
- Customizable features on the iRobot HOME App
- 120 minutes of consistent cleaning
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation
- Visual Localization
- Tangle-free cleaning
- AeroForce Cleaning System
- Carpet Boost
- Recharge and Resume
- 3-stage cleaning system
- Spinning side brushes
The iRobot HOME App
When you decide it’s time to invest in a robotic vacuum you’ll want to make sure that you’re getting the most for your money. The iRobot Roomba 980 offers a comprehensive list of smart technologies that are specifically designed to help you with removing dog hair and other types of dirt from your home.
To help add to the convenient smart features, ensure that you use the iRobot HOME App. It is entirely Wi-Fi enabled and allows you to remotely schedule cleaning cycles, as long as you’re connected to the Internet. You can also decide how you want your robotic vacuum to clean, whether it’s by one or two passes through a room, focusing primarily on the edges, or if you want to use the Carpet Boost feature.
The app also offers tips, tricks, and customer support while you’re able to track the progress of your vacuum’s cleaning cycle.
Simple and Convenient Deep Cleaning
Not only is it important for a robotic vacuum to have an array of smart features, but also that it gets the job done. The iRobot Roomba 980 puts your cleaning needs first by offering deep cleaning that is unmatched by any other robotic vacuum on the market.
With the 3-Stage Cleaning System, it uses a combination of agitation, brushing, and suction to dig deep into the fibers of your flooring to remove traces of dirt and grime. This is one of the largest selling features of the Roomba 980, as users will finally have a deep cleaning robotic vacuum that can remove new and existing traces of dirt and caked on grime. Also, the spinning side brushes are essential for gently cleaning baseboards and the edges of your walls, particularly corners.
The final cleaning feature that you won’t be able to find from any other robotic vacuum is the AeroForce Cleaning System with integrated Carpet Boost. This automatically improves the motor performance of the unit to help get to the bottom layers of high pile carpet and rugs where all of the most difficult dirt likes to hide.
Unique Features and Specs
- iAdapt Response Navigation: The iAdapt Response Navigation system is designed to help the robot navigate through the unique layout of your house. It will know how to clean around clutter, furniture, and other decorative elements on the floor. It is also equipped with an ample amount of sensors to deter the unit from going near stairs, which is essential for multi-level homes.
- Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Technology: You’ll also notice that the iRobot Roomba 980 will work diligently to avoid barriers and walls, this is as a result of the two Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Barriers. This technology enables you to have more control over where your robot cleans.
- User-Friendly Functions: If you’re the type of person that isn’t interested in all of the bells and whistles, you’ll appreciate the one-button operation where you simply press “Clean” and the unit will begin to work its magic. You won’t need to program any scheduling or worry about downloading the iRobot HOME App. Even scheduling is easy, as you can set up to 7 presets.
- Self-Charging: You won’t have to worry about trying to find the unit after its clean cycle and then return it to the docking station, as it will handle that on its own. Once the cleaning cycle is complete, the Roomba will dock itself and begin to recharge so it will be ready for its next job.
- Recharge and Resume: Users will appreciate the Recharge and Resume feature, where the robotic vacuum will run continuously for 120 minutes, automatically recharge, and then finish the job.
What Users Think of Our Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Before you settle on a single robotic vacuum, it’s important to take some reviews into account.
On average, the Roomba 980 has an extremely high number of positive reviews. It’s agreed that the unit can tackle any type of dog hair removal ranging from small breeds to large 90-pound German Shepherds. It’s also noted that the device operates at an incredibly low noise level, making it simple to schedule cleaning while you’re asleep, watching television, or on the phone.
In terms of durability, customers have never seen a unit that offers the sheer amount of strength and resilience like the iRobot Roomba 980 as it offers tougher plastic and feels sturdier than older models, such as the 655.
The main concern about the iRobot Roomba 980 is that it may experience difficulties with docking itself at the end of a cleaning cycle. Luckily, the easiest solution is to hold the “Clean” button down for 10 seconds to perform a master reset and the unit should operate perfectly.
- Low operating noise
- Built to withstand damage
- Constructed of high-quality plastic
- Efficient cleaning modes
- Strong suctioning
- Deals with many types of pet hair
We Don’t Like
- Docking issues
4 Alternative Robotic Vacuums for Dog Hair
Prior to making your final purchasing decision, it is important to compare the iRobot Roomba 980 to other popular vacuum models on the market. Below are some alternative units.
The bObsweep is a great model for shoppers on a budget. The unit is available in either gold or red and is specifically designed to deal with pet hair. One of its most unique features is that it offers simultaneous mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, and UV sterilization. Like other models, it offers cleaning schedules and other programmable features.
The ILIFE V3s is cost efficient and can clean on multiple surfaces.
This second unit from bObi offers sweeping, mopping, and UV sterilization. This unit is designed to clean pet hair and dander, as well as offer HEPA filtration to eliminate any signs of dust in the air and on your flooring.
With its digital barrier technology, it helps to prevent damage to your furniture during use. It is a little more expensive than the other alternative robotic vacuums.
Although it’s not the best robotic vacuum cleaner on the market, the ECOVACS DEEBOT N78 is a sturdy model that offers tangle-free sweeping with intense suction to pick up a variety of different types of debris and dirt.
With up to 110 minutes of constant cleaning time, it will vacuum your entire house with ease.
The iRobot Roomba 980 is a great addition to any home, especially for a home owner that is interested in cutting back on cleaning time and avoiding the difficulties of living with a hairy dog. With a variety of great features and its impressive track record, the unit is well worth the price.
Did you find this post useful? Save THIS PIN below to your Cleaning Tips Board on Pinterest and check them later again!
People Also Viewed:
- Do Robotic Vacuums Really Work?
- Bissell Robotic Vacuum vs Roomba
- How To Steam Clean Carpet to Remove Dog Urine
- What is the Best Way to Clean Dog Hair Off Hardwood Floors?
- How to Use the Bissell Proheat Pet Upright Deep Cleaner
- Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood Floors
- Best Mop for Dog Hair on Hardwood
- bObsweep Pet Hair vs Roomba
- Shark vs Hoover Pet Vacuum
- ILIFE Comparison Chart
- Samsung POWERbot Model Comparison