There’s nothing better than being able to reach for one cleaning tool that does it all, and that can certainly be said about steam cleaners that work on both upholstery and carpet. These unique machines help to deep clean your carpets meanwhile remove stains and dirt from furniture, curtains, and even your mattress.
The best part is they are affordable and offer you a deeper clean than your vacuum ever could. If you’re in the market for the best steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery, be sure to read through the top 3 picks that give you the versatility you need with every clean.
Our Best Steam Cleaners for Carpets and Upholstery
#1. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
As a trusted name in carpet cleaning, Hoover always creates powerful machines that are known for their versatility and performance. The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe is no different, as it is one of the best carpet and upholstery cleaners on the market. It offers a lightweight design and has user-friendly features such as an easy empty water tank. There are plenty of other features that you will love in the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe, especially if your home is prone to stains and has a lot of high traffic areas.
- Lightweight Design
- Smart Tank System
- SpinScrub Technology
- Dual Nozzle
- 4 Easy Access Handles
- Wash/Rinse Selector
- Automatic Detergent Mixing System
- Smart Tank System: If you’re looking for a unit that is going to make it easier for you to clean your home, this is certainly the one to choose. With the help of the Smart Tank System users will be able to fill the water tank easily and empty it easily with the help of the quick pour spout. There’s no more dealing with multiple tanks and trying to figure out which one is for dirty or clean water.
- SpinScrub Technology: To get the deepest clean possible, this model offers 360-degree cleaning with the help of rotating spin brushes. You will have constant contact with the fibers on your carpet and upholstery and have the option to remove the brushes if you want more of a surface clean.
- Wash/Rinse Selector: Depending on whether you want to use only water or if you want to add detergent to the unit, you can choose which cleaning mode suits your needs. In the event that you choose to use detergent, there’s an automatic detergent mixing system that mixes the perfect combination of water and cleaning solution.
#2. McCulloch MC1385
Known for their steam cleaning products, the McCulloch MC1385 is a unique tool as it’s adaptable to a variety of surfaces. You can easily use the unit on carpet and upholstery and also use it on hard floors. With its basic features, it’s incredibly user-friendly but makes up for it’s lack of deep cleaning components with its great performance. If you’re looking for a traditional steam cleaner without an abundance of bells and whistles, this is surely the unit for you.
- On-Demand Steam Control
- 100% Natural Cleaning
- 64 oz. Water Tank
- 12 Minutes of Heat Up Time
- 120 Minutes of Continuous Steaming
- 23 Cleaning Attachments
- 18’ Power Cord
- Cord Wrap and On-Board Accessory Storage
- On-Demand Steam Control: When it comes to cleaning different surfaces in your home with a steam cleaner you’ll quickly realize you’ll need different levels of steam for varying surfaces. The on-demand steam control is essential for customizing the amount of water you want to use. For example, you’ll need a higher steam setting for cleaning a shower versus cleaning a carpet.
- 23 Cleaning Attachments: You surely won’t have any problem with the McCulloch MC1385 adapting to any type of clean, especially with the help of its included 23 cleaning attachments. You’ll be able to use the machine to get rid of dirt anywhere from backyard patios to the interior of your car.
- 100% Natural: There’s no need to worry about any type of detergent or cleaning chemicals with this unit as it offers up to 99.9% dirt removal by simply using water. It helps to create a safer environment for your family and pets, especially if you have children.
#3. Bissell SpotClean Professional
If you’re looking to maximize the benefits of having access to a portable steamer, you’re surely going to love the Bissell SpotClean Professional. As a convenient and compact steam cleaner that is perfect for upholstery and useful for carpet, it outperforms other portable units on the market. Although it may not offer the most versatility in terms of cleaning large rooms, it’s great for stairs, furniture, and small areas.
- Professional Spot Cleaner
- Included Flex Hose, Stair Tool, and Tough Stain Tool
- 22’ Power Cord
- ¾ Gallon Water Tank
- Strong Suction
- Professional Spot Cleaner: You’re going to find that removing deep stains and spots will be easier with the help of the Bissell SpotClean Professional. As a unit that is designed to specifically target stains that would otherwise be impossible to remove, you’ll be able to experience the benefits of a professional clean. This helps to make the unit the perfect choice for pet owners or people who don’t have the time to regularly steam clean their carpets.
- Stair Tool: Even though the name may suggest that it can only be used on stairs, the stair tool is completely adaptable to upholstery as well. It’s designed to help you get into cracks and crevices that other cleaning attachments wouldn’t be able to reach. Plus, it offers agitating brushes that are designed to lift dirt out of even the deepest fibers.
- 22’ Power Cord: The Bissell SpotClean Professional boasts portability, and what could make cleaning your carpets easier than having a 22’ power cord at your disposal? Instead of having to worry about unplugging and plugging the unit in and out of electrical sockets, you can easily carry the steamer wherever you go. Plus, the flex hose makes it even easier to manipulate how far you can reach while cleaning.
|Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe||McCulloch MC1385||Bissell SpotClean Professional|
|Power Cord Length||N/A||18’||22’|
|Water Tank Type||Dual Tank Technology||64 oz.||¾ gallon|
|Deep Cleaning Brush|
|Included Cleaning Attachments|
|Optional Detergent Use|
|Weight||18.1 lbs.||13 lbs.||13 lbs.|
What to Look for in Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery
There are plenty of features you probably want your chosen steamer to have and making sure that you find the right unit that offers all of those features is important. There are also stock components that every home owner needs to have in order to get the best possible clean. Below are some important things to look out for when you start shopping around for the right carpet and upholstery cleaner.
- Lightweight Design: There’s nothing worse than having to lug around a giant steam cleaner, especially if you have to work on stairs or even go upstairs to clean carpets. The lighter the unit, the better. Cleaning is enough of a task as it is and there’s no reason as to why your steamer should make it any more difficult.
- Scrubbing Technology: No matter how you look at it, there’s going to be a ton of dirt buried in the deepest fibers of your carpets. Often times, you won’t even be able to see it until you start to clean. Scrubbing technology is perfect for getting rid of hidden germs and bacteria that can spread viruses and odors throughout your home.
- Steam and Suction: One of the most inconvenient parts of steam cleaning your carpets and upholstery is having to wait for everything to dry before you can walk on the floors or move furniture back into the room. With the ability to take advantage of steam and suction, your drying time will be cut in half.
- Strong Suction: As the single most important part of your steam cleaner, it’s best for it to have the strongest suction possible. Although the steam is essential for breaking up dirt and making it easier to remove, suction is what will suck all of the dirt out of the fibers. The deeper the suction, the deeper the clean.
Did you find this post useful? Save THIS PIN below to your Cleaning Tips Board on Pinterest and check them later again!
Our #1 Pick – The Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery
There are plenty of things to take into consideration when searching for the best steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery. First, you’re going to need to think about the versatility of the unit, and then cleaning attachments, finally, if it’s affordable. Overall, in terms of performance and price, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe outperforms the other two units on the list.
The Hoover model is specifically designed to offer the deepest clean possible, regardless of the surface you’re on. Not only does it include cleaning attachments that make it easier to get dirt out of many different surfaces, but it also offers scrubbing components that you won’t find in the other units.
Although it may weigh a little more than the other 2 steam cleaners on this list, it’s the perfect addition to your cleaning closet because of its performance.