Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets with Pets
As a pet owner you’re undoubtedly aware of how difficult it can be to keep your house clean on a regular basis. From chasing your pet and cleaning up their pet hair to making sure they don’t stain your carpets, owning a pet can be a chore. But just because your puppy or cat may not be potty trained doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to live in a clean home with fresh carpets and upholstery.
Finding the best steam cleaner for pets is the easiest way to keep your home clean and free of odors as a result of dander and urine. There are plenty of models that you can choose from, but to get the deepest clean you’ll need to find the best ones available. We’ve curated a list of the top 3 steam cleaners for residential and commercial property owners that are tired of dealing with messes.
The List of the Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets with Pets
In order to help you choose the best steam cleaner for your home there are plenty of things for you to consider. To make shopping for the right cleaning machine easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top 3 steam cleaners money can buy, especially if you’re a pet owner.
The Bissell ProHeat Revolution Pet is a great steam cleaner that emphasizes just how beautiful pristine carpet can be. According to Bissell it’s the best steam cleaner they’ve made to date, and it does offer a variety of features and attachments that seem useful for many purposes. If you own a pet that frequently soils your carpets and you simply don’t have the time to tend to every stain, this machine is designed to get rid of embedded dirt much easier.
- Professional Pet Urine Eliminator
- 2-in-1 Upholstery Tool
- CleanShot Pretreater
- EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover
- Express Clean Mode
- Professional Pet Urine Eliminator: As a detergent that you can mix with water in the steam cleaner, the Professional Pet Urine Eliminator is a specialized formula designed to attract bacteria and germs from pet urine. Not only does it help with removing smells from your carpets, but stains as well. One clean with this added detergent would make your carpets brighter than ever before.
- CleanShot Pretreater: There’s nothing worse than having to use two different cleaning products to get rid of pet stains, which is why the CleanShot Pretreater is a great feature to use to your advantage. It will treat spots as you clean, helping to make the removal process go by 2x faster.
- Express Clean Mode: If you’re truly in a hurry, be sure to activate the Express Clean Mode which is designed to suction stains out of plush surfaces and extract the majority of the water used while cleaning. This means you won’t have to wait a few hours before you can walk on your floors or move furniture back into the room.
As another pet steam cleaning tool from Bissell, the Spotbot Pet is a hands-free cleaner that takes convenience to a whole other level. With the combination of Deep Reach Technology and stain cleaning, you’re surely going to love taking the hassle out of getting rid of pet stains. Similar to a robotic vacuum, this steam cleaner works its magic on its own so you can set it to clean while you’re asleep, out of the house, or even watching TV.
- Deep Reach Technology
- Handsfree Spot & Stain Cleaning
- Spiral Brushing
- Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection
- Deep Reach Technology: Stain removal takes more than the average steam clean, especially if the stains in your carpet have been seeping into the fibers of your carpet for a long time. With the help of Deep Reach Technology, dirt will be lifted from the bottom layers of your flooring to the top for the most thorough cleaning possible.
- Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection: Integrated into the overall design of the Bissell Spotbot, the Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection is essential for eliminating bacteria, mildew, and mold. It’s important to remember, your pet’s waste is incredibly hazardous to your health, especially if you have children that frequently play on the floor.
If you have mostly hard floors in your home and you’re looking for a steam cleaner that is perfect for tile, hardwood, and laminate, the Bissell PowerFresh Pet is a great model to consider. It doesn’t offer as deep of a clean as the carpet models, but it certainly helps to create a sanitized environment as its steam kills up to 99.9% of bacteria and germs.
- Built-in Easy Scrubber
- SmartSet Digital Variable Controls
- Odor Eliminating Fragrance Discs
- 30 Second Heat Up Time
- Built-in Easy Scrubber: Even the toughest floors are prone to sticky messes that seemingly stay put even after trying to clean them with a traditional mop and bucket. The built-in Easy Scrubber is the perfect solution for caked on dirt that won’t budge. With the combination of the scrubbing pads and the heated water vapor, removing messes from pets is simpler than ever before.
- SmartSet Digital Variable Controls: There’s nothing better than having complete control over how you clean, and the variable steam control allows you to choose how much steam the cleaner produces depending on the surface you’re cleaning. For example hardwood would require a light steam whereas ceramic tile will need a more intense steam.
|Bissell ProHeat Revolution Pet||Bissell Spotbot Pet||Bissell PowerFresh Pet|
|Quick Dry Function|
|Weight||20 lbs.||14 lbs.||6.2 lbs.|
What to Look for in the Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets with Pets
Understanding why you need a steam cleaner is the first step to conquering pet odors and stains, but choosing a steam cleaner with the perfect features is the next step. The following factors are things you need to take into consideration when you start shopping around for the right steam cleaner for your home. You’ll want to think about what would make cleaning easier, deeper, and last longer.
- Pet Stain Removal: The most obvious and most important part of a steam cleaner for pets is to make sure the unit has some type of stain removal attachment. It’s impossible to keep track of when your pets have accidents inside of the home or when they track dirt in from outside. Unfortunately unless you can get to the dirt immediately, you’re going to end up with embedded stains.
- Express Cleaning Features: The faster you can clean; the faster you can get back to your important daily schedule. Plus, the most frustrating part of cleaning up after your pets is if you have to spend a lot of time doing it. With express cleaning features you can get rid of stains and dirt faster than you ever imagined.
- Ability to Use Detergent: Depending on the length of time the stains have been in your carpet, they may have fallen victim to odor causing bacteria. I think it’s agreed that stagnant pet urine and dander will only make your home smell unwelcoming. If you need that extra ounce of freshness, try to choose a steam cleaner that not only cleans with water but that also allows you to use detergent as well.
- Neutralization of Germs: Germs are not only responsible for smells, but they can also bring viruses and allergens into the air in your home. This is particularly important if you live with someone who is elderly or young. Your steam cleaner should create water vapor that is hot enough to kill at least 99.9% of germs on impact.
- Portability: As another convenience feature you should look for in the best steam cleaner for pets, the more portable the cleaner is, the easier it will be to use. You’ll find that lightweight models that are easily maneuverable and help you to clean stairs, get into cracks and crevices, and easily clean from room to room.
Our #1 Pick – The Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets with Pets
By far the best steam cleaner for pets is the Bissell ProHeat Revolution Pet simply because it offers the most amount of features that you will find yourself using on a daily basis. With the help of the Tough Stain Tool you’ll be able to get rid of embedded stains that once seemed permanently engrained in your flooring. Plus, the 2-in-1 upholstery tool is essential for removing pet hair and dirt from the furniture around your home. Also, the wet cleaning tool is perfect for dealing with pet messes in tight corners.
If you’re going to invest in a steam cleaner that can literally do it all, it’s best to choose a unit that you’ll be able to use for years to come. The Bissell ProHeat Revolution Pet is something that you can easily maneuver around your home and it’s incredibly user-friendly. If you’re the type of home owner that’s tired of looking at stains and embedded dirt as a result of your pets, this is by far the best steam cleaner on the market.
People Also Viewed:
- Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery
- How to Use a Steam Cleaner on Carpet
- How to Steam Clean Carpet to Remove Dog Urine
- How to Use the Bissell Proheat Pet Upright Deep Cleaner