Tile is one of the most popular types of flooring that every home owner has seen at one time or another. Whether you’ve had to clean a spill in the lunchroom at work or if you have tile in your foyer and kitchen at home. Tile can be beautiful, but it can also be a pain to clean without the right tools!
We’ve curated a list of the top 3 best steam cleaners for tile floors that you can easily buy for your home. Each has their own list of benefits that you’ll surely appreciate, but first it’s important to think about what you should look for in the best steam cleaner for tiled floors.
Top 3 Best Steam Cleaner for Tiled Floors
Here are the top 3 steam cleaners for tiled floors we’ve selected out of hundreds of models.
If you were looking for an all-in-one cleaning tool that will give you far more functions than a traditional steam mop, the Bissell Symphony is the perfect model for your home. Not only will you have access to powerful steam for your tiled floors, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of the integrated vacuum. There are a few very interesting features included in this model that you’ll fall in love with after one use.
- Sanitizing Steam
- Multi-Surface Cleaning
- Easy Touch Digital Controls
- Quick-Release Mop Pad Tray
- Vacuuming and Steam Cleaning Functions
- Adjustable Handle
- 4 Included Mop Pads
- Vacuuming and Steam Cleaning Functions: With its unique and compact multi-tank design, the Bissell Symphony has given home owners what they’ve wanted all along, an all-in-one solution. You will easily be able to pick up traces of small and large debris from hard surfaces before cleaning. This makes it so much simpler as you won’t have to purchase a separate vacuum. Once you’ve vacuumed your tile, you can then easily switch to the mopping function to begin the steam cleaning process.
- Sanitizing Steam: With steam that reaches the perfect temperature for getting rid of germs and bacteria, you have the ability to take advantage of natural sanitization. There’s no need for hash chemicals as the steam easily deals with many different types of dirt, even sticky stains!
- Easy Touch Digital Controls: Instead of having to completely dismantle the steam mop to switch from vacuuming to steam cleaning, the Easy Touch Digital Controls allow you to switch functions while you clean. You have the choice of either steaming and vacuuming simultaneously or doing them separately.
If you’re looking for a powerful steam mop that isn’t as diverse at the Bissell Symphony but will still get the job done, the Bissell PowerFresh is the ideal unit for your home. With its purchase you get the benefit of an extremely powerful steam mop that has multi-surface cleaning and gives you the ability to naturally sanitize your tiled floors. As a company that is known for their floor cleaning products, it’s another great addition to Bissell’s line of machines.
- Sanitizing Steam
- Built-In Easy Scrubber
- Smart Touch Digital Controls
- Easy-Fill PowerFresh Water Tank
- Multi-Surface Cleaning
- Easy-Fill PowerFresh Water Tank: Located right on the top of the mop, you won’t have to worry about bending down and trying to remove a water tank/reservoir from your steam mop. Instead, the easy-fill design allows you to easily refill the tank with water in the middle of your clean. This makes the unit far more convenient than other steam mops on the market.
- Built-In Easy Scrubber: As a home owner with tiled floors you undoubtedly know how difficult it can be to get dirt and grime out of grout, especially if you don’t want to get on your hands and knees to scrub. The built-in easy scrubber is the perfect component for a tile steam mop because it enables you to get rid of caked on dirt with minimal effort.
Shark is a brand that is mostly known for their vacuums, but the Shark Steam Pocket Mop surely deserves to be on the list of the best steam mops for tiled floors because of its power. With a variety of interesting features that are specifically designed to make getting rid of dirt easier, you’ll surely love using it on the hard floors in your home.
- 30-Second Water Heating: You no longer have to worry about waiting 5-10 minutes for your steam mop to produce steam when it comes to the Shark Steam Pocket Mop. With a 30-second water heating time, you’ll easily be able to plug the unit into the wall and start cleaning almost immediately.
- XL Water Capacity: As another convenient feature included with this model, its extra large water tank is perfect for filling the unit once and cleaning the entire floor in your home. There’s no need to refill the tank in between cleans, even for larger properties.
- Shark Steam Pocket Technology: There’s nothing worse than having to change your cleaning pad halfway through the job. With the patented Shark Steam Pocket Technology, every cleaning pad you put on your steam mop is entirely reversible. Plus, the double-sided cleaning pads are deep pocketed to help pick up more dirt and grime than ever before.
|Bissell Symphony||Bissell PowerFresh||Shark Steam Pocket Mop|
|Water Tank Capacity||N/A||N/A||450ml|
|Washable Cleaning Pads|
|Variable Steam Control|
What to Look for in Steam Cleaner for Tiled Floors
We’ve all been there – trying to search for the perfect floor cleaner only to fall victim to a list of “new and upgraded” features that seemingly make no sense. There are certain bells and whistles that can actually help you clean your home faster, but there are also features that aren’t necessary. Unfortunately many home owners find they’re spending a small fortune on tile steam cleaners with features they don’t even need.
Below is a list of the most important things you need to make sure you have in a steam cleaner for tile floors:
- Sanitization: Remember, when you choose a steam cleaner instead of an industrial cleaner you’re going to have to rely on water vapor to get rid of germs and bacteria. Your chosen steam cleaner needs to heat the water to a degree where all traces of harmful bacteria will be destroyed. Otherwise, you’re simply going to be pushing dirt around and it won’t help you have a cleaner home.
- Smart Controls: No matter how you slice it, cleaning a home means you’re going to need versatile tools that you can control. For example, you may want different heat settings so you can use your steam mop on tile or hardwood. You may also want to customize how much steam is released from the mop while you’re using it. The smarter the controls, the easier the unit is to use.
- Scrubbing Pads: Even though it’s not recommended for you to use scrubbing pads on soft surfaces such as hardwood, it’s imperative that you have some type of extra cleaning power when it comes to tile. The last thing you’ll want to have to deal with is getting on your hands and knees and trying to scrub away at caked on dirt and grime. This is especially true when it comes to the grout.
- Optional Refreshers: This is all based on personal preference, but if you’re the type of person that enjoys having a particular scent left behind after you clean your floors, try to choose a steam cleaner that gives you the ability to add refreshing scents to the water.
- Power Cords: There’s nothing worse than starting to clean one part of your home only to find that you need to walk across your freshly cleaned floors to unplug your steam cleaner for the next room on the list. The longer the power cord, the easier it will be to transition from one area to another. It’s also important that the cord is easy to wrap up and store away so you’re not stuck trying to wrap it up after each clean.
Our #1 Pick – The Best Steam Cleaner for Tiled Floors
Out of all of the models discussed in this guide, we prefer the Bissell Symphony mainly because it’s an all-in-one solution that gives you the vacuuming and steam cleaning power you need. You’ll never have to worry about carrying two floor cleaners around with you, regardless of the type of hard floor you’re dealing with.
Its complete clean technology allows home owners to naturally sanitize their tiled floors and the easy touch controls are essential for a user-friendly experience. With the ability to use both the vacuum and steam mop simultaneously or each function separately, the cleaning options are relatively endless. Plus, every Bissell Symphony owner receives 4 microfiber mop pads with their cleaner so you can literally unbox the unit and start cleaning!
Did you find this post useful? Save THIS PIN below to your Cleaning Tips Board on Pinterest and check them later again!
People Also Viewed:
- Best Way to Clean Tile Floors Without Leaving Streaks
- Best Vacuum for Tile Floors
- How to Use a Steam Cleaner in the Bathroom
- Can Steam Cleaners Be Used on Hardwood Floors
- How to Steam Clean Carpet to Remove Dog Urine
- How to Remove Dog Urine Odor from Tile Floors
- How to use a Steam Mop on Tiles