A Detailed Look At The Top 5 Models Of Steam Cleaner Under $200. Budgetary constraint is one of the contributing factors to owning a steam cleaner, but there are models under $200 that have the features and performance which make them a great value. This guide will look at some of the things you need to look out before settling on a steam cleaner as well as the top 5 models of steam cleaners under $200.
There is more to cleaning your carpet than just vacuuming. A powerful steam cleaner will get rid of more grime and dirt, and this prolongs the life of your carpet. This Hoover model is among the cheapest steam cleaners and features separate fluid tanks; hoover’s patented spin scrub multiple brush system among others. These great features combine to deliver effective, easy and fast stair as well as upholstery cleaning.
- Twoyears limited warranty
- 8-foot hose for stair and upholstery
- Forced air heating for faster carpet drying
- 4-easy to access handle for portability
- 20-foot power cord reduces outlet switching
- Great Value
- Easy to clean
- Small reservoir
- Complains of noisy operation
- Doesn’t heat water
The Bissell 1622 PowerLifter Power Brush is among the top steam cleaners under $200. The steam cleaner forces a warm cleaning mixture into your carpet, and this helps to blast out grime and dirt with the powerlifter brushes rooting out any deeply embedded dirt. It also features a powerful suction that pulls out liquid and dirt leaving your carpet drier and cleaner. Given its deep cleaning action, ease of use, portability and lightweight design this cleaner prevents any permanent damage that might be caused by ground-in dirt. It uses deep cleaning detergents, hot tap water and with the four-row rotating brushes you can be guaranteed of an even gently groomed, odour free floor with a more polished look.
- 20-foot power cord reduces outlet switching and saves time.
- Dimension 2X power Shot Oxy, Stain Pre-treat Formula, Machine Protect& Deep Clean Formula
- Dimensions 19*11*44 inches
- One year limited warranty
- Comes with convenience touches such as a built-inremovable nozzle and measuring cup, easy to manoeuvre wheels, a lint screen, a quick release cord hooks and a comfortable handle.
- A rotating stiff bristle powerlifter with four rows to loosen deep-down stains and dirt.
- Easy to manoeuvre
- Easy to empty and fill
- Great value
- Water capacity is small
- Doesn’t have a heater to keep it warm
- No tools or hoses
This budget-friendly steam cleaner which features heatwave technology that delivers constant heat to maintain the water temperature. The other unique features include a powerful surround suction and ten rows of Dirt Lifter power brushes. Overall, this model provides professional-style results, and you can easily work on your house or office without having to pay a professional cleaning service. For exceptional results, you can pair the cleaner with BISSELL professional deep cleaning formula.
- Three-year warranty
- 22-foot power cord saves time and reduces outlet switching
- Wide 12-inch cleaning path reduces cleaning time
- The full-width surround suction dries carpet faster
- The ten rows of dual rotating dirtlifterpowerbrushes loosen and remove deep, ground in dirt from your carpet.
- Effective, handy upholstery hose
- Easy to use
- Easy-to-change single tank
- Bulky water tank won’t sit flat on the counter
- Difficult to get dirty water out of the tank
- Water doesn’t stay warm
- A little heavy to manoeuvre
The Hoover F5914900 SteamVac not only has lots of performance features but it offers great value given that it cleans better than most high priced models. If features spin brushes that scrub the carpet fibres on all sides which loosens the deep down dirt. With a two tank system, it can easily separate dirty and clean water which delivers a beltless operation. From its feature list and operation, you won’t tell that it is among the cheap carpet cleaners.
- No belts to change, replace or break
- Tool model stops spinning brushes
- Two-speed brush for gentle or normal cleaning
- Heated cleaning directly applies heat to the floor when needed
- Powerful 12-amp motor
- One year warranty
- Easy to fill and empty
- Separate dirty and clean water tanks
- Easy to use
- A few complaints on cheap parts that break easily
- Foam seal around the water tank is poor
- Assembly is challenging for some
The DeepClean premier carpet cleaner is your ultimate solution to stain and odor cleaning problems, and this is attributed to different innovative features such as the pet hair basket that prevents hair from clogging the dirty water in the tank. Unlike some of its close competitors that have separate tanks, DeepClean premier stores the clean water in a porch that shrinks when used and this surrounded by dirty water, so it is separate from the clean water.
- Heat wave technology maintains a constant water temperature
- The surround suction helps to dry surface fast while edge sweep brushes cleans against the baseboards
- 12 rows of dual rotating Power brushes
- Easy to use
- No built-Pet hair basket and tool
- Provides outstanding cleaning results
- Easy to clean after use
- Single bladder tank
What To Look For In The Best Steam Cleaners
People have switched to using steam cleaners because it is one of the easiest ways to keeping homes grime and dirt free. It is also an excellent way of cleaning especially for those with allergies and asthma since it uses heat and water to produce steam that gets rid of dirt and this doesn’t cause any respiratory problems. When selecting a steam cleaner for your home here are some of the factors you need to consider.
- The Ease Of Use
When choosing a steam cleaner, it’s best if you go for the lighter models compared to the heavier ones. However, it’s important to keep in mind that larger cleaners provide deeper cleaning compared to the medium or smaller ones.
Steam cleaners have different price range, and it’s crucial that you have a budget. Take note that large steamers such as the cylinder cleaners will be very expensive and can be used for different tasks which can save you money and time on cleaning products. However, when selecting your product, your decision should be based on how often you intend to use the steam cleaner.
- Tank Size And Water
For your steam cleaner to produce steam continuously water is a necessity. Therefore, if you choose a steam cleaner, you’ll have to fill it with water often even when you aren’t done with your cleaning job. Cleaners with larger water tanks take longer to refill and heat up. On the other hand, most steam mops and handheld cleaners don’t take long to heat up and have smaller water tanks. Therefore when selecting your steam cleaner, it’s best if you compare different models and settle on the one whose tank meets your cleaning needs.
Steam cleaners come in different sizes, weight and shape. There are those that are used as commercial units while others are handheld. The shape and sizes also vary from one model to the other, and you should check the cleaner’s weight and dimensions before making a purchase. Knowing the cleaners overall size and weight will help you select a comfortable cleaner for your household needs. What’s more, you will have a good idea on where to store it when not in use.
Steam cleaners come with different attachments and accessories that are used on different surfaces. The accessories help in sanitizing different areas in an ideal way. Remember that there are brands that come with more accessories and attachment than others and it’s best if you settle on a brand that is not only of high quality but whose accessories can help you make huge savings if you are going to purchase them separately. If you are looking to use your steam cleaner on different surfaces, items and spaces, it’s best if you settle on accessories that are of a particular model.
- Steam Temperature
This is an important aspect to consider when buying a steam cleaner. Most commercial units have a temperature of between 360 to 410 degrees while the residential units have a temperature of between 240 and 260 degrees. Understanding the steam temperature will help you settle on a cleaner that best suits your cleaning needs.
Our #1 Pick – The Best Steam Cleaner Under 200
If you are looking for the best steam cleaner under 200, then your most preferred choice should be the Hoover F5914900 with clean surge carpet cleaner machine. Unlike most of the steam cleaners, this model can be used to clean both low and high traffic areas thanks to the fingertip controlled clean surge and the two tank system that separates clean and dirty water. Also, it comes with multi-directional spin brushes that clean all sides of the carpet fibres to loosen dirt more effectively.