Best Steam Cleaners for Showers 2019
Your shower is the one place in your house where a lot of steam is produced every time you use it, which may beg the question, why do you need a steam cleaner for a shower? The answer is simple: when you don’t get rid of all of the residual water and soap scum after every shower, it’s going to start to cake in places you never knew existed.
Over time, it’s common to notice soap scum around the faucet, the frame of your shower doors, and even along the caulking on your tub. Without the right cleaning tools you’re never going to be able to get rid of unsightly traces of scum, which could inevitably lead to the development of mold. With the help of our list of the best steam cleaners for showers, you’ll easily be able to find the right tool for your needs.
Our Best Steam Cleaners for Showers
Now that you’re aware of what you should be looking for in a generic steam cleaner designed for showers, you’re ready to begin shopping. Below are 3 of the best cleaners on the market that not only give you the ability to sanitize your shower, but other areas of your home as well.
The McCulloch MC1275 helps you get the most comprehensive steam clean possible, especially as it offers an array of unique features that every home owner needs. Cleaning your shower has never been easier, especially when cleaning a variety of different surfaces. You’ll no longer have to worry about using industrial-grade cleaners to get rid of traces of mold and mildew in damp sections of your shower. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to use and maneuverable.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean and sanitize without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15.7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
- 18 Cleaning Attachments with On-Board Storage: Not only will you have the ability to store all of the 18 cleaning accessories directly on the McCulloch MC1275, but you’ll also love the versatility they bring to the unit. The brass utility brush is essential for scrubbing handles and faucets, as are the scrub pads. The other cleaning attachments include: steam jet nozzle, 2 extension wands, mop head, 2 microfiber pads, water funnel, squeegee, measuring cup, triangle brush, and more.
- Lockable Steam Trigger: It can be inconvenient to have to consistently pull the trigger of a traditional steam cleaner when you’re working on one continuous surface. This is why the McCulloch MC1275 offers a lockable trigger to add to the convenience of a thorough clean. All you have to do is activate the trigger and the unit will produce a long continuous stream of steam that is suitable for every shower surface.
- Extra-Long Power Cord: There’s nothing more important than making sure you stay safe while cleaning your shower, and with the help of the extra-long power cord you can keep the base of the unit further away from water as you clean. Although all of the important electrical components are insulated, it’s always best to be safe than sorry. Plus, if you’re cleaning other areas of your home such as the floors, a long power cord is essential for moving from one room to another.
With the help of the Wagner 915 you’ll no longer have to worry about the hazards and messes involved with using regular household cleaners. Its high-powered high heat steam kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria that are responsible for developing mold and unappealing smells. Much like the McCulloch MC1275, this unit is conveniently portable and offers an ample amount of cleaning options.
- CHEMICAL-FREE STEAM CLEANING: Just add distilled water to this steamer for chemical-free, natural cleaning that lifts away dirt and grime on nearly any surface around your home
- GREAT FOR WALLPAPER REMOVAL: The included wallpaper removing attachment can be used to easily lift away old wallpaper using nothing but steam
- USE IT ALMOST ANYWHERE: Use the included attachments to steam clean and refresh your kitchen countertops, sinks, toilets, showers, floors, appliances and more
- HIGH TEMPERATURE AND LONG RUN TIME: This versatile, multipurpose steamer reaches up to 212°F (100°C) to sanitize your household surfaces. It can hold up to 48 oz. of water to run for up to 45 continuous minutes
- EASY TO USE: Simply connect your desired attachment, add up to 48 oz. of distilled water, and turn the steamer on. The red light will turn off when the steamer is ready for use
- 2 Steaming Modes: The 2 steaming modes included with this unit are essential for customizing the clean you need in your shower. With the continuous steam mode you have the ability to experience the true convenience of not having to hold down a trigger when working on the same surface. Whereas the intermittent steam function is phenomenal for cleaning more delicate surfaces or for removing wallpaper.
- Included Cleaning Attachments: To help make steam cleaning your shower even easier, be sure to take advantage of the cleaning attachments included with the unit. You will receive a window squeegee (great for removing traces of water after steaming your shower), floor cleaning brush and cloth, 2 extension tubs, a fill funnel with measuring cup, and utility brushes.
Bissell Steam Shot
If you’re looking for a more portable unit that you can bring with you absolutely anywhere, including on vacation, then the Bissell Steam Shot is your best bet. Although it is a smaller unit when compared to the McCulloch and Wagner models, it does offer a convenient level of cleaning for everyday tasks. It may seem small, but the Bissell Steam Shot can be the perfect steam cleaner for smaller areas, such as your shower.
- Powerful high-pressure steam cleaner with easy-to-press trigger
- Completely chemical-free with no harmful fumes or residue
- 1000-watt power rating, power cord length is 20 feet
- Includes accessory nozzle, extension hose, flat scraping tool, grout brush, fabric steamer, window squeegee, angle concentrator, and detail brush
- Tank Capacity: 6.6 ounce. Heater Warm-Up Time: 30 seconds. Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- High-Pressure Steam Production: One of the largest benefits of the Bissell Steam Shot is it is designed for hard surfaces, such as shower doors and tiles. The high-pressure steam production gives you the ability to blast away soap scum and residue on a variety of materials ranging from marble to ceramic. The harder the pressure, the less time it will take to clean.
- Handheld Design: There’s nothing more convenient than having the ability to use a shower steam cleaner that fits comfortably in your hand. This handheld device is what sets it apart from other shower steam cleaners on the market as you can easily plug it in and bring it wherever you want to go. With its small size it’s perfect for getting into tight places such as cracks and crevices.
- Included Accessories: There are plenty of accessories to help you get the most thorough clean possible including an accessory nozzle, extension hose, flat scraping tool, window squeegee, grout brush, fabric steamer, detail brush, and angle concentrator. If you’re looking for a device that will make cleaning any type of tiled surface easier, this is surely one to consider.
What to Look for in Steam Cleaners for Showers
There are plenty of things you’d want to look for in a regular steam cleaner. But when it comes to showers, you’re going to need a specific set of features to make sure you can easily clean every crevice. Some of the most important features to look for include:
- Fingertip Controls: The first thing to consider when you’re looking for a steam cleaner for showers is to make sure the unit has easily accessible fingertip controls. The last thing you’d want is to have the base of the unit outside of the shower and have to step out every time you want to change a setting. Fingertip controls are typically designed to be incredibly user-friendly, so even if you’ve never used a steamer before it should be simple.
- Long Steam Hose: A long steam hose is what will give you the ability to clean every single inch of your shower without having to reach for a stepping stool or a ladder. You’ll easily be able to get into the corners of the ceiling, if you desire, or the grout of tiled shower floors without having to bend down. The majority of steam cleaners that are designed for showers offer some type of elongated cleaning hose attachment.
- Cleaning Attachments and Accessories: Aside from an extension wand or cleaning hose, you should also be sure to choose a unit that has other cleaning attachments for you to take advantage of. You’ll want to have access to a scrubbing tool, a wiping tool, and even a squeegee to help get rid of traces of water once you’ve finished steaming. As with any other type of cleaning tool, attachments help to make the process much more convenient.
- High-Pressure Steam: Last, but certainly not least, high-pressure steam is essential for cleaning showers. Without the ability to adjust your steam settings, you could find you have to go over the same spots more than once to get rid of caked on shampoo and body wash. Though it’s also important that you can turn the high-pressure steam setting down if you’re dealing with more delicate surfaces in the bathroom aside from your shower.
Our #1 Pick – The Best Steam Cleaners for Showers
When it comes to choosing the right steam cleaner for your shower you’re going to want a model that not only has the perfect amount of cleaning accessories but that also gives you the ability to have a deep clean. The McCulloch MC1275 is by far our favorite shower steam cleaner on the market because it’s versatile, easy to use, and offers a variety of different cleaning options.
Whether you want to steam clean the hubcaps on your car or if you need to get rid of bacteria in your shower, the options are endless. With the ability to choose between continuous or intermittent steam productions, using the steamer is easy for anyone. Plus, its included cleaning attachments are what really set it apart from the competition, giving you an attachment for every surface in your home.
People Also Viewed:
Categorised in: Steam Cleaner