Best Vacuum for Frieze Carpet
Frieze carpets are made out of small curved fibers making them one of the most difficult carpets to clean even if one knows a regular vacuum cleaner. Since many customers are not aware of these carpet’s unique design and material, they end up buying a vacuum that’s not fit for purpose and damages the carpet. If you are considering buying the best vacuum for frieze carpet, this article will highlight 5 amazing products that will get the job done with ease.
Top 5 Best Vacuum for Frieze Carpet
#1. Hoover Air Steerable WindTunnel UH72400
- Steerable Technology navigate smoothly around furniture, corners and other obstacles by simply twisting the handle in the direction you'd like to go
- Lightweight easy to lift, carry and move around, weighs less than 14 pounds with wand and tools
- WindTunnel 3 Technology lifts and removes deep down, embedded dirt with 3 channels of suction
- Multi Floor Brushroll On/Off move from carpet to hardwood with a press of a button
- Includes a 2 in 1 Crevice Tool Crevice Mode cleans cracks and crevices with precision while the Dusting Mode cleans vents, furniture surfaces, and other decor.Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.2 Liters
First on the list the best vacuum for frieze carpet is the Hoover Air Steerable WindTunnel UH72400. What makes this vacuum stand out from the many on the market is its steerable technology. This lets you smoothly navigate around obstacles, corners, and furniture with relative easy by just twisting its handle in the direction you want. Since it weighs less than 14 pounds, it is one of the lightest vacuums one can buy and has a dirt cup capacity of 1.2 liters which is very impressive.
The Hoover Air Steerable WindTunnel UH72400 can lift as well as remove dirt deep in a frieze carpet thanks to the WindTunnel 3 technology it has. The manufactures really went out of their way to make sure that it doesn’t disappoint and another standout feature it has is the multi-floor brush roll-on/ off button. This allows you to move from cleaning your carpet straight to hardwood with ease with just a push of a button.
- The WindTunnel 3 technology lifts debris and dirt from the carpet with ease
- Weighs less than 14 pounds making it one of the lightest vacuums on the market
- Can easily glide around corners, obstacles and furniture thanks to its smooth navigation.
- 2-liter dirt cup that can be emptied very quickly
- Comes with a 30-foot cord that allows you to cover a large surface area
- Allows you to switch from cleaning a carpet to hardwood with the press of a button
- Has small canister which needs to be emptied often
- Because of its small size, it does not cover a large surface area meaning you need to go over a particular area you are cleaning a few more times.
#2. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long-lasting, powerful suction
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi-Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter.Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps.Hose Length:6 inch.Brush System:Rotating Clear Window
Similar to the vacuum above, the Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless is very lightweight and its pick up power is great for pet hair, dirt and any form of dust that may have accumulated over time on your carpet. It has brushes that rotate down your carpet, stairs, furniture like a cyclone and the dirtbag it comes with is very easy to empty.
The clever design of the Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless makes it easy to store around the house. You don’t have to worry about it taking up too much space and another reason why many customers like this product is its noise level. It operates quietly in the background without causing unrest if you have kids and distress if you have pets.
- An affordable vacuum that is perfect for those who don’t want to break the bank.
- It is perfect for pets and kids because it doesn’t make too much noise when used
- Incredible debris, pet hair, and dirt pick up power plus it comes with a 2-year warranty
- Elegantly designed making it very easy to store and doesn’t take up much space around the house.
- Very easy to empty after use and you don’t have to spend money on disposable bags
- You can’t turn off the rotating brushes
- Not suitable for hardwood floors
- Question marks over the durability of the belts that rotate the brush after prolonged use
#3. Soniclean Soft Carpet
- Adjustable vent system for easy maneuverability on soft style carpeting
- Special soft nylon brush roll bristles - effective, yet gentle on soft style carpeting
- Large front wheels - allows the vacuum to "float" on soft style carpeting making it easy to push and pull
- 200 sonic vibrations per second loosen deep, ground-in dirt and dust
- Direct-air Paramagnetic motor design for superior suction
The Soniclean Soft Carpet is also a wonderful vacuum in its own right and brings so much to the table to those who have a frieze carpet. Firstly, it has an adjustable vent system which allows you to move it around with ease as you clean your carpet. When it comes to suction power, not many vacuums on the market can match the power of this product because of its direct air paramagnetic motor design.
Another cool feature worth noting about this product is the large front wheels. These allow it to easily glide on your carpet with minimum effort as you push and pull it. Lastly, it has cleverly designed soft nylon brush roll bristles that are gentle and yet effective when it comes to cleaning your carpet.
- A very versatile product that can be used on other soft surfaces as well as carpets
- Its large and soft wheels are gentle on carpets plus they provide easy maneuverability
- Debris is sealed tight thanks to the HEPA FILTRATION system it has
- Has adjustable vent system meaning you can clean different types of floors and carpets
- When compared with other vacuums around its price range, it falls short in the power department
- It doesn’t come with extra accessories which can be used on things like furniture for example.
- Lift-Away Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter Traps 999% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight Portable and versatile at 137 lbs
- Brushroll Shutoff Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning; Cord length: 30 feet
- Wash the pre-motor foam and felt filters every 3 months under normal use For optimal performance of the post-motor HEPA filter, wash and air-dry once every 2 years, or as needed
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV365E is packed full of some of the best features you will ever find on a vacuum starting with the Lift-Away button. This button allows you to lift the canister and clean those hard to places. It’s portable, powerful, versatile and weighing just 13.7 pounds, you don’t have to break a sweat using it.
You can reach those hard to reach places thanks to its 30-foot cord and its anti-allergen complete seal technology combined with the HEPA filter, 99.9% of allergens and dust are trapped in the vacuum when you clean.
- Comes with a large dust cup, HEPA filtration and most importantly, canister lift-away
- A long power cord that makes unreachable places reachable and it is easy to maneuver
- Very powerful suction which can be controlled
- The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV365E is very affordable, easy to clean and empty
- The top of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV365E is slightly heavy meaning it can tip over easily
- Doesn’t have any headlights meaning you can’t clean in the dark or a room that is deemed
#5. Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS
- Its unique SlimSwivel Design is limber enough to easily maneuver around furniture. It lies virtually flat to get under beds, too! New edge brushes make cleaning up against baseboards and edges easy. It's so powerful it feels self-propelled.
- The wireless QuickSwitch in the handle lets you easily select the right power level. It's high-performance motor spins the inverted single helix rollerbrush at an incredible 7,000 RPM on high speed, delivering a powerful cleaning experience.
- Features a HEPA inner bag - as air passes through this bag, it captures at least 99.97% of particles at .3 microns from that air. It's Saniseal Docking System keeps dust from escaping when you change bags - no mess, no fuss.
- Versatile and highly effective at cleaning virtually any floor surface in your home, from long pile carpet, like frieze, to hard floors. Its twin LED lights illuminates areas under tables and in dark corners for superior visibility.
- Features an Endurolife Belt to protect the motor from unexpected jams and a new Easy Snap cord clip - a smart way to keep the cord where you need it...not where you don't.
The Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS is one of the most durable vacuums on this list as well as the lightest. At 7.7 pounds, you will go a long way to find a vacuum that is as light or lighter than this one. It provides you with some of the best deep cleaning action you will ever see thanks to the motorized brush that spins at 7.000RPM.
Its HEPA system uses a bag that traps 99.97% of allergens which is impressive especially if someone in the house suffers from asthma and the 30-foot cord allows you to not only move with relative ease, but reach those hard to reach areas. The twin LED lights provide you with better visibility when you are cleaning in the dark which is a nice little bonus.
- The Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS is the lightest vacuum on this list (7.7 pounds)
- Comes with a 7-year warranty and its direction suction technology means you get the best suction performance possible
- Perfect for people who suffer from asthma because the HEPA bag traps allergens and stops it from coming out
- The Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS is a very expensive vacuum
- Doesn’t come with any attachments
- Not suitable for rugs and shag carpets
Q1: What exactly is a Frieze Carpet?
Carpets have always been an important accessory in people’s homes for many years because they add a touch of style to rooms. While there are so many different types of carpets out there, frieze carpets are seen as the most elegant and stylish. Their popularity in recent years has grown because many see them as an up to date version of shag carpets.
In the 60s and 70s, many homes in America had a shag carpet and it is very obvious to see that these carpets have been decorating our homes for many years. If you search the internet for carpets in 2019, you will be blown away by the variety of style as people are more creative now than they were in the 60s and 70s.
Q2: What are the uses of a Frieze Carpet?
Although Frieze carpets can be used in office settings too, you get the best of them when you use the home. Places like the living room, stairs, hall and family rooms all benefit from a nicely chosen carpet as long as it blends in well with the color of the room and furniture.
These carpets are perfect to sit on and play on if you have kids because they are very comfortable and soft. If you enjoy playing board games like Chess, checkers, Monopoly, Snakes, and ladders with your family and friends, you will realize that frieze carpets are perfect for these games. You and everyone else sitting on it will not feel uncomfortable at any point even after sitting on it for an extended period.
While some carpets do cause a bit of discomfort when sat on for a long time, you will not get that from a frieze carpet because they are durable, can withstand heavy traffic if you have kids and pets running around on them and cleaning them requires minimum effort if you have the right vacuum.
Q3: What are some of the challenges you face when you own a frieze carpet?
There is no denying that a frieze carpet feels smooth and look luxurious in your home however, it does have its fair share of drawbacks. The first drawback is cleaning it can be a hassle especially if you don’t own the right vacuum. Having the correct vacuum like the ones mentioned in this article will make your life very easy because this carpet is known to thinner than most average carpets and it is denser. Using an ordinary vacuum restricts your moments on the carpet and it might not have the required power to suck all the allergens on it.
Using a heavy vacuum does not help either when it comes to cleaning and from the 5 vacuum cleaners highlighted in this article, the one thing they all have in common is they are lightweight in their design, have large wheels and great venting. Any vacuum that is missing these key features will not do a good job cleaning your frieze carpet because it will lock on it.
Q4: How does one choose the best vacuum for frieze carpet?
Just like any other product for household use out there, there are a few things one needs to be aware of before they part ways with their hard-earned money for a vacuum cleaner. You have to make sure that you are getting value for your buck and below are some of the things you need to know before buying a vacuum cleaner for your frieze carpet
- Know the exact model you are looking for
The one common mistake many people make when they are looking for a household product is going in blind when searching. There are so many vacuums being sold on the market and not all of them will be fit for purpose. Understand the types of vacuums that work on frieze carpet and narrow your search from there.
This is the shape of most vacuums on the market however not all vacuums will have this shape or the power to clean a frieze carpet. Be sensible when it comes to upright and pick vacuums that specialize in cleaning frieze carpets.
- Check if it comes with a canister
Buying a vacuum that has a canister adds an element of style and flexibility because it comes with a brush head. This can be used to clean the floor for instance and all the dirt that is collected is trapped in a canister. Vacuums that have a canister have great suction power, can be used on many surfaces like hardwoods and tiles, and they are easy to move around.
A good vacuum will give you the option to adjust its speed depending on the surface you are cleaning. There is no way you can use the same speed you use to vacuum a carpet on a tile or hardwood for example. When it comes to cleaning a frieze carpet, you need to use adjust the speed of your vacuum to as high as possible so it goes deep and sucks all the pet hair, dust and debris on the carpet. Overall, all you have to do is find a vacuum that allows you to change its speed depending on the surface.
- Bagged and Bagless vacuums
This is self-explanatory and from the heading, it simply means that some vacuum will come with bags while others don’t come with bags. While cleaning with bags is more logical because it makes your task easier, you will need to spend some money on buying new ones every now and then.
Since bagless vacuums do not have a bag for you to throw away, you will need to clean them on the inside after every use. This is not ideal for anyone who suffers from asthma and if you do suffer from any form of allergies related to dust, vacuums with bags should be your number one choice.
Q5: How does one clean their frieze carpet the proper way?
Nylon is the main material that is found in frieze carpet and since it is a luxurious product, it does not handle stains very well. This is something that many people overlook when they buy a frieze carpet and you have to be careful. If it does happen that you spill something on your frieze carpet, clean it up straight away before it is absorbed by the fibers.
Time is of the essence here and if you blot it up as soon as the spill occurs and clean it up using the appropriate carpet cleaner will not leave any stains. Always double check cleaning products before using them because if you use the wrong one on the carpet, it will just make things worse.
Q6: Why is a good vacuum cleaner so important when it comes to frieze carpets?
Cleaning a carpet used to be a very tough task many years ago however, the emergence of top quality vacuum cleaners has made this task very easy. A Frieze carpet has small curved fibers as pointed out earlier and carpets of this nature are very difficult to clean. Using the wrong vacuum cleaner damages them and leaves your pulling your hair out. This is why it is super important to pick the best vacuum for frieze carpet at home.
Take your time when looking for a vacuum cleaner on the market and don’t settle for just any product because you like how it looks or the price is low. Performance and quality are very important elements that should influence your decision on a vacuum because buying an average vacuum cleaner will do more bad than good to your carpet. Make sure that your investment does specialize in cleaning frieze carpets and won’t cause damage because a good vacuum cleaner will serve you well long term as you will need it to clean your carpet for a long time.
With the market saturated with so many vacuums for frieze carpets out there, it is important to find something that will not damage the carpet you have at home. Take your time and research the market to make sure you have the best vacuum for frieze carpet because not all vacuums you see for sale, will clear a frieze carpet perfectly. Based on the tips pointed out above in this article, you should be able to choose a top-quality vacuum.
People Also Viewed:
- The Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets with Pets
- How to Use a Steam Cleaner on Carpet
- How to Steam Clean Carpet to Remove Dog Urine
- How to Choose the Best Vacuum Cleaner
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner