Bissell Big Green vs Rug Doctor – Carpet Cleaner Comparison
It is time for the big Bissell Big Green vs Rug Doctor carpet cleaner showdown!
We are sure you want to clean your carpets properly. That is why you need a reliable cleaner, but you are not sure which product to pick between these two.
Don’t worry because we did the footwork for you, and gathered all the information you will ever need in the comparison below. Let’s not waste any more time – start reading and find out who wins today’s carpet cleaner battle!
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3
- Tank capacity - 1.75 gallons. Extra large Dirt Lifter Power Brush for deep scrubbing action
- Heavy duty suction power aids in fast drying time. Cleans on the forward and backward pass for reduced cleaning time and dries faster than the leading competitive rental carpet cleaners
- Two large tanks for full room cleaning
- Professional formula? includes a trial size BISSELL professional formula. Power Cord Length: 25 feet
- 5 year limited warranty.Power Rating:12 amps; Tough Stain Tool & 9 Foot Hose. The 6 inch Tough Stain Tool lets you spray and scrub extra tough spots and stains on stairs, upholstery, and other soft surfaces. Maximized hose length gives you extra reach for those hard to reach spaces
Last update on 2019-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bissell designs numerous carpet cleaners, but the Big Green series includes products that can meet the expectations of homeowners and professional cleaners.
86T3 is an upright heavy-duty carpet cleaner that can handle any carpet out there. The product uses a Dirt Lifter rotations Power Brush, which works well in combination with the strong 12-Amp motor that comes with the product.
You can use Bissell Big Green on low and high-pile carpets, stairs, and upholstery. The width of the cleaning path is 10.5 inches, but the product cleans whether you are making forward or backward motions. That accelerates the cleaning time and makes your job easier.
Using the machine is relatively easy, although you might need a session or two to get used to the T-shaped handle. Since the product weighs over 40 pounds, we recommend using both hands to achieve optimal control.
The manufacturer seems to trust its carpet cleaner as it offers a five-year limited warranty. It is a shame that the unit is a bit more expensive than the competitor, but it is a long-term investment, which makes it a good value for money.
DESCRIPTION: A versatile carpet cleaner that can reduce cleaning time and be a smart long-term investment. It cleans at both forward and backward passes and offers admirable dirt collection capacity, which justifies the cost set by the manufacturer.
Things We Like
- It cleans when you make both forward and backward passes to accelerate the process
- Impressive dirt collection tank capacity of 1.75 gallons (6.6 liters)
- Very versatile and suitable for both low and high-pile carpets, as well as upholstery and stairs
- A generous five-year warranty of the manufacturer
Things We Don’t
- You may need both hands for optimal control
- It is a bit more expensive than the competition
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Cleaning tank capacity (gallons) - 1. Dual cross action brushes oscillate and rotate to scrub carpet fibers from every angle powering away dirt and stains to deliver a professional-grade deep clean and soft, plush results
- 75 percent more suction than comparable carpet cleaning machines slashes drying time; quick dry in four hours or less; simple lift clean and dirty water tanks make refilling and emptying easy
- Rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance by CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute); cleans deeper than other comparable machines and will not void carpet’s
- "Super Boost” gives an extra “boost” to highly trafficked or heavily soiled areas that require extra attention; perfect for old stains, rental houses, apartments, pet stains, coffee, wine, and juice
- Includes removable tool caddy and upholstery tool for spot treating stains or cleaning tricky spaces like car interiors, area rugs, stairs, pet beds, furniture, or other hard-to-reach areas. Voltage: 120 V
Last update on 2019-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Rug Doctor has been around for a long time, and each new product in the series seems to be better than the last. Deep Carpet Cleaner is one of the flagship cleaners of the company, particularly because it is user-friendly and simple to use.
The unit has an ergonomic design and an adjustable round handle. You can choose the handle position depending on your height, and avoid any pain or strains while cleaning.
Rug Doctor uses Action Brushes with dual-action or rotating and oscillating to ensure consistent cleaning results. If you encounter a particularly dirty and stained area, you can activate the Super Boost mode to clean it properly.
The only downside is that the product only cleans when you make backward motions. Fortunately, a large 12-inch cleaning area compensates this and speeds up the cleaning process.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner seems quite reliable, which is why it’s weird that you don’t get such a generous warranty from the manufacturer. However, there is no doubt that the company used premium components when designing the device, which means it can perform up to expectations for a long time.
DESCRIPTION: A lightweight and user-friendly carpet cleaner that can handle even the trickiest spots and areas. Although it only cleans with backward passes, it delivers consistent results.
Things We Like
- Overall lightweight and the option to adjust the handle height make the product easy to use
- The Super Boost mode helps you to clean tricky spots and areas
- A generous 12-inch cleaning area for a quicker cleaning process
- Brushes feature dual rotating and oscillating action to ensure optimal cleaning results
Things We Don’t
- A 2-year limited warranty is not that generous
- It only cleans when you make backward passes
Bissell Big Green vs Rug Doctor – Factors to Consider
Are you still wondering which carpet cleaner is better for you? In that case, check out the factors you should consider when deciding on a carpet cleaner.
Density plays one of the crucial roles in carpet durability, and you should also consider it before you use a deep cleaner on it. You may have a dense carpet in your living room, but a thin one in the bathroom. That is why you could benefit from finding a versatile carpet cleaner.
Both Bissell and Rug Doctor cleaners have admirable versatility and can handle different types of carpets. Additionally, you can also use them on upholstery and stairs, but that may depend on the attachments used.
Ultimately, all you want is your carpets to be clean. That is why you need a cleaner with the highest suction level possible.
Bissell provides a more powerful 12-Amp motor, but the Super Boost mode offered by the Rug Doctor can be a great choice for high-traffic and other extremely dirty areas.
It is interesting to mention that Rug Doctor has a seal of approval issued by the Carpet and Rug Institute. The seal confirms that the product performs as promised.
Ease of Use
When it comes to ease of use, you can divide the factors that influence it in several categories:
- Handle Design
For starters, it is good news that both Bissell and Rug Doctor products feature adjustable height. That enables you to find the optimal position for your height. In other words, it doesn’t matter if you are 5’5” or 6’2”, the vacuuming process will be enjoyable.
The next thing to consider is the handle designs. That is where our reviewed products are different.
Bissell features a T-shaped handle, which might require both hands for adequate control. If you use only one hand, it is easy to stray off the imagined cleaning path.
On the other hand, Rug Doctor features a round handle that is easier to control than a T-shaped one.
Rug Doctor emphasizes that the unit weight is 28.5 pounds while Bissell Big Green weighs more than 40 pounds. That makes Rug Doctor easier to control, especially if body strength is not your strongest suit.
Both products have control buttons conveniently placed. As a result, it shouldn’t be difficult to turn them on and off whenever necessary.
- Hose and Cord Length
Hose length can be particularly helpful when trying to clean those hard to reach areas. Big Green is the winner in that category with its nine-feet long hose.
Cord length increases the versatility of the tool and keeps you from having to change power outlets frequently. Although Rug Doctor has a longer cord, 25 feet provided by Bissell should be enough, too.
- Cleaning Time
You don’t want to spend a minute more cleaning that you have to, and that is understandable. Although Bissell doesn’t have such a wide cleaning path like Rug Doctor, the Big Green has one crucial advantage.
It cleans the surface whether you move it back or forth. That significantly speeds up the cleaning process, unlike the Rug Doctor who only cleans when you move it backward.
If you want to accelerate the cleaning process additionally, you can check out tips from professionals and apply it the next time you are cleaning.
Both carper cleaners reviewed on this page come with a warranty. Bissell offers one that lasts for five years, and Rug Doctor sticks to two years of warranty.
However, both warranties come with some limitations. These limitations are a common element of carpet warranties, and it is important to read them.
The encouraging thing is that both carpet cleaners are made of high-quality material and components. The companies also have a long tradition of designing superb products, which means that you can expect your cleaner to be a long-term investment.
Accessories and Attachments
Bissell Big Green comes with a special tool to handle tough stains. The six-inch tool allows you to spray and scrub resistant stains on any soft surface, such as upholstery or stairs.
Rug Doctor also includes an upholstery tool, but keep in mind that you can also buy other attachments and accessories for your carpet cleaner.
A pet stain eraser can be extremely helpful if you have pets. You can also choose different types of brushes, depending on the surface you are cleaning.
Don’t forget the premium branded solutions either. Big Green offers its professional cleaning formula that should take the cleaning results to the next level. You can find similar solutions for products designed by Rug Doctor.
Which Carpet Cleaning Brand Has a Better Reputation?
Here is an overview of both companies whose products we mentioned in the reviews:
- Bissell – the full name of the company is Bissell homecare, and they were officially established in 1876. Their headquarters is in Michigan, and they employ around 2,500 people. The company is an industry leader in the floorcare industry. They rely on providing family and eco-friendly products as the reports show they won the EPA’s Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award in 2016.
- Rug Doctor – it was Roger Kent who constructed the first Rug Doctor cleaner in 1978. Today, his machine is an international brand that operates in more than 20 countries. All major retailers offer the company’s products.
As you can see, both companies have an excellent reputation in the industry. Either way you choose, you will get what was promised with the product.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Q: How long does it take for carpet to dry after using Rug Doctor?
A: Rug Doctor mentions that it will take at least two hours for the carpets do dry after using their cleaners. However, the time may vary on the thickness of your carpet and the weather. You may consider accelerating the process by opening doors and windows and turning on your AC unit. If it is winter, a fan heater or dehumidifier might help.
Q: Bissell Big Green – how long to dry your carpet after using it?
A: That will depend on the specifics of your carpet, as well as the cleaning techniques you used. The manufacturer recommends giving the carpet at least six hours to dry before using it again.
Q: How do you use a Bissell Big Green?
A: It is easy to use Bissell Big Green, and you shouldn’t have any problems as long as you follow the instructions. We have covered this topic in another article to make the learning process easier for you.
That rounds up our Bissell Big Green vs Rug Doctor comparison! It’s not easy to pick a winner because both cleaners are reliable and provide consistent performance.
Ultimately, it seems that Bissell Big Green manages to cross the finish line first.
The product allows you to clean effectively thanks to the Dirt Lifter Power Brush. Additionally, Bissell included a nine-feet hose to reach all those tricky spots and areas.
The fact that it cleans when you move it both forward and backward combined with a generous cleaning area is a guarantee that the cleaning process will won’t last a second more than needed.
If that item is out of your price range, you may consider Rug Doctor. Their Deep Carpet Cleaner offers many tempting features, too. The most attractive one might be the Super Boost mode for the dirtiest sections of your carpet.
I hope that this article managed to answer your questions about Bissell Big Green and Rug Doctor carpet cleaners. Ultimately, you should choose a cleaner that fits your needs the most. Check out the comparison chart below to help you in the process!
People Also Viewed:
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaner