Bissell Crosswave vs Steam Mop, which one suits me better?
Many households across the world have traditional vacuum cleaners and mops for a long time. However, if you look for the MORE convenient or MORE sanitized. These two are not enough!
Over the last 15 years, thanks to advancements in technology, Bissell Crosswave, and steam mops have taken the industry by storm.
In this article, we will dive into the Bissell Crosswave vs Steam Mop debate and see what each cleaner brings to the table.
Bissell Crosswave vs steam mop – Main differences
The main difference between Bissell Crosswave and Steam mop is Steam mops use the power of steam to sanitize and can be used on just hard floors like sealed hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite, and marble. Bissell Crosswave is a vacuum and mop in one equipment and can be used on multi-floor surfaces.
To put it simply,
- Bissell Crosswave is NOT steam mop. Not using power of steam. It cleans and sanitizes the floor by using its formula.;
- Steam mop is using power of steam. It sanitized by power of steam.
We will look into details in the next section
|Vacuum & mop
|Multi-floor e.g. tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs,
|Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble
|In some models
|Fewer steps as no need to sweep before cleaning
|Traditional cleaning (sweeping. vacuuming) require before using steam
|Low price range
Bissell Crosswave vs Bissell Steam Mop
While comparing Bissell Crosswave vs Bissell Steam Mop, the differences are almost the same as mentioned in the above comparison table. However, let us look at some details.
While Bissell Crosswave uses its formula, Bissell Steam mop cleans and sanitizes sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam.
While Bissell Crosswave does not support above-floor cleaning, Bissell steam mop has above-floor cleaning in some models like;
- Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop (2075A)
- Bissell PowerFresh Lift-Off Steam Mop (1544A), and
- Bissell PowerEdge Lift-Off Steam Mop (20781).
Bissell Crosswave vs Shark Steam Mop
While Bissell Crosswave does not support above-floor cleaning, Shark steam mop has above-floor cleaning in some models like Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop (S3973D)
Other differences are the same as mentioned before.
Bissell Crosswave or Steam Mop, which one to choose from?
Pick Bissell Crosswave IF;
- You want shorten the cleaning time by skip sweeping
- You prefer a machine that will wash and vacuum floor surfaces at the same time
- You want a machine that can be used on multi-floors
- You have no problem using a machine that needs a cleaning solution for your tasks
Pick Steam Mop IF;
- You want to sanitize using power of steam
- You are price sensitive; steam mop price range is cheaper than Bissell Crosswave
- You want a machine that doesn’t require any cleaning solution or chemicals to get rid of messes on your floor
- You want a machine that will reach edges and corners and above-floor
Different Cleaning Procedures
Before you buy any of these two machines ,it is important to know how to use each one effectively as thats the best way to get good results. Below is a look at how the steam mop and Bissell Crosswave are used;
How to Use Bissell Crosswave
- You start by pluging the machine to a power outlet or socket and then switching it on
- You need to choose the either rug or hard floor setting on the machine
- Recline the machine so that the brush roll starts spinning
- Prime the machine by holding the trigger and begin cleaning the floor surface of your choice.
- Once you are done cleaning, store the machine away in a safe area
How to Use Steam Mop
- Get rid or remove objects and obstacles that are on the floor surface
- Vacuum or sweep the floor properly
- Get the steam mop ready by plugging it to a power outlet and if it a cordless model, make sure it is fully charged
- Begin the cleaning process making sure that you are hitting every corner
- Once you are done cleaning, do not leave your machine unattended because it could damage your floor. Store it away properly
1. Is the Bissell crosswave a steam mop
No, it is a machine that will VACUUM & WASH your floor simultaneously.
2. Does Bissell crosswave sanitize?
By using its formula you can buy off the internet or in your local store.
3. Does Bissell crosswave clean better than a mop?
Put price aside, YES, it does. Bissell Crosswave make your life more convenient by vacuuming and mopping the floor at the same time. You don’t need to sweep the floor prior. While using traditional map, you need to sweep the floor and clean in traditional way by yourself.
Bissell Crosswave vs steam mop Summary
This Bissell Crosswave vs Steam Mop article has shown that the two machines have a lot of things that make them different from each other with appearance being the most obvious one.
When looking at a steam mop at first glance, it is easy to see that it looks like a steam cleaner but with wider pads.
Looking at the Crosswave, many people think that it looks like a traditional vacuum cleaner except it has narrow pads plus it is slightly shorter in height compared to the steam mop.
People Also Views: