Welcome to BISSELL Symphony vs CrossWave comparison!
When it comes to products that can mop and vacuum your home simultaneously, Bissell is the brand you need to look out for. Their Symphony and Crosswave cleaners allow you to perform these tasks with ultimate ease. This guide will look closely at the Bissell Symphony and Crosswave line of products. We make a thorough comparison of the products both lines offer and help you make the best buying choice!
Bissell Symphony vs Crosswave models in this study
Long story short, there are 5 models Bissell Symphony and Crosswave line of products to choose from.
This is a gross oversimplification, but if you are in a hurry, it will be useful.
- BISSELL Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner (1543A) – Best for hard floors with pets
- BISSELL Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1 (1132A) – Best affordable for hard floors
- BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro (2306A) – Best for carpets, rugs, hard floors with pets
- BISSELL CrossWave (1785A) – Best for carpets, rugs
- BISSELL CrossWave (2554A) – For cordless lovers
Want more details? Read On!
Differences Between BISSELL Symphony and CrossWave
While the Symphony products can only clean dry dirt such as hair and cereals, the Crosswave products can usually clean both dry and wet dirt.
Both Symphony and Crosswave do an excellent job cleaning dirt on (and mopping) hard floors. So, even if you have kids that always seem to get some sugar, salt, cereal, or pets that have their hair all over, both products are effective. If you are particular about maximum efficiency, the Crosswave line has a slightly better cleaning quality.
Both lines are also instrumental when cleaning relatively large dirt such as cereals, rice, or hairs on carpet. However, smaller dirt such as salt or sugar may get a bit elusive. Comparing both products, the Crosswave maybe just a bit more practical on rugs and carpets.
Bissell Symphony uses a fixed dry tank system. The tank has a 0.4-liter capacity, and it uses a Drop It Tank Emptying system so that you can dispose of the tank dirt without getting any of the tank content on yourself. The dry tank system allows you to keep moisture out while you clean.
Unlike the Symphony, Crosswave uses a two-tank technology system. The two tanks keep clean (with a 0.8-liter holding capacity) and dirty water (0.4-liter holding capacity) separate. Rather than a Drop It technology, Crosswave two-tank technology is a removable system, and the dirty water tank has a plastic strainer that allows for easy disposal. The Crosswave two-tank design will enable you to clean your floors with a solution of water and cleaning formula such as Vinegar.
While both products can vacuum and mop, the Symphony products have a Steam function that Crosswave lacks. The steam function of the Bissell Symphony allows it to vacuum and steam at the same time.
This property is handy, especially if you are one to worry about microorganisms and germs. It has a high and low steam mode, any of which you can use. The hot steamer neutralizes more than 99% of the bacteria and germs that dirt may harbor. Additionally, with the steam function, you don’t need to use additional chemicals or cleaning agents.
Rather than the steam function, the Crosswave has a powerful rotating brush roll that allows you to mop your floors with water and a cleaning solution.
Cleaning Head and Filtering System
The cleaning head of the Symphony is designed differently from that of the Crosswave, although both offer excellent vacuuming abilities. Crosswave has a motorized brush roll, while the Symphony has a vacuum inlet. This difference in the cleaning head feature is because both products have slightly different cleaning processes. Crosswave’s cleaning head allows you to do a thorough clean using the brush roll with your cleaning agent, while Symphony’s cleaning head is more optimized for the steaming function.
Both lines have plastic filters that you can take out and wash after every use. The only difference between the two systems is design. While Crosswave has a rectangular filter, Symphony has a circular filter.
Normally BISSELL Symphony products are less pricey compared to Crosswave products (click to see today’s price) . However, there’s more than just the prices to compare or consider. Please continue reading to check our reviews, pros, and cons of each pick to know which product will serve you best.
BISSELL CrossWave vs Symphony for Pet Owners
Bissell puts this into considering and has designed two vacuum cleaners specially designed to help you keep your space squeaky clean, regardless of your pets. We’ll be comparing the BISSELL Symphony Pet with the Crosswave Pet Pro
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets..Cleaning Path Width : 12". Swivel Head : Yes. Clean Tank Capacity Water Tank - 28 oz. Dirt Cup Capacity : 14.5 OZ..Brush System : Tangle Free. Automatic Cord Rewind : No.
- VACUUM AND WASH AT THE SAME TIME. Makes everyday pet mess cleaning quick and easy.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING. Safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, vinyl, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
- PICK UP PET MESSES. CrossWave Pet Pro multi-surface cleaner comes with a Tangle-Free Brush Roll, Pet Hair Strainer and PET Multi-Surface Formula with Febreze Freshness
- HASSLE-FREE CLEAN. Minimize pet hair from wrapping around the brush roll, separate large debris from the liquid to reduce sink clogging with the pet hair strainer and reduce pet odors, all in one clean
Last update on 2024-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Crosswave Pet Pro has an impressive two-tank tech that separates dirty water from clean water, ensuring your floor is cleaned with fresh water and your cleaning formula. The dirt tank has a strainer that collects dirt at the upper end, so there’s no clogging the drain during disposal.
It is also suitable for cleaning up dry and wet messes on various surfaces, including hard floors, area rugs, river floor mats, pressed wood floors, tile, linoleum, laminate, and more. This ability to clean several floors owes to the multipurpose cleaner nozzle of the Crosswave pet pro.
This vacuum cleaner’s suction can drag in pet hairs of up to 8 inches long with the brush roll, making sure there’s no tangling. The dirt and hair suctioned in goes to the dirt tank. It also comes with a specialized pet solution that allows you to keep the surfaces mentioned above odor-free. It is the perfect machine for cleaning pet hair, food spills, and accidents. These qualities make the Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro is a must-have for anyone who has a dog or a cat at home.
- Cleans up dry and wet messes.
- It has a dirt tank with a hair strainer.
- Has a brush roll to avoid long tangles.
- Great for several floors.
- Great for carpet cleaning.
- It is quite pricey.
- The canister needs to be refilled frequently.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.Swivel Head : No, Power Cord Length : 25'
- Vacuum And Steam Your Floors At The Same Time
- Drop-It Tank Emptying System Which Prevents You From Getting Your Hands Dirty
- includes Disposable Pads For Those Pet Messes You'd Rather Throw Away And Washable Microfiber Pads For Everyday Cleaning
- Powerful, Cyclonic Vacuum Helps Capture Pet Hair And Debris.
Last update on 2024-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the BISSELL Symphony Pet Steam Mop, you will be taking multitasking to a whole new level. With the inclusion of a steam cleaner and pet vacuum in one package, you will have a superb cleaning experience. Thanks to the comfortable digital touch controls allow you to switch between functions seamlessly.
Handling pet messes with this machine is easy. With features such as edge to edge suction and bristle for pet hairs, cyclonic vacuum, and tangle-free brush roll, this vacuum cleaner is designed to keep a space that has pets clean.
It has a dry tank system with an easy dirt disposal method, steamer action, and quick release mop tray. With a comfortable touch digital control and a more substantial suction power, it easy to switch between vacuum, low-steam, and high-steam options.
This machine is excellent for hard floors such as tiles, hardwood floors, linoleum, and granite.
One of the most significant benefits of using BISSELL Symphony Pet Steam Mop for your home is that it comes with a natural steam clean. Using water and no chemicals, you will enjoy a great cleaning experience with the Swiffer steam boost mop for worse pet messes and washable mop pads for everyday messes. Also, it’s possible to incorporate different scent discs for an even fresher clean.
- Low And High Steam Options.
- Smart and quick steam technology.
- Height adjustment.
- Can vacuum and steam simultaneously
- Simple and Easy to set up.
- May Overheat
- Steaming action may leave streaks on the floor.
Verdict – CrossWave vs Symphony for Pet Owners
Comparing the two pet-dedicated vacuum cleaners, the Crosswave Pet Pro may be the best cleaner for pets, especially if you have Hard Floors and Carpet/Area Rugs in your apartment. However, the Symphony pet steam mop and steam vacuum cleaner is useful for vacuuming and steaming simultaneously on Hard Floors only, and it’s cheaper.
Top BISSELL Symphony and Crosswave models
BISSELL Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1 (1132A) – Most Affordable for hard floors
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time
- Sanitize* floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99.9% of germs and bacteria*. Dry Tank Technology keeps debris inside your dirt tank dry while steam cleaning
- Easy Touch Digital Controls. Switch between vacuum, steam, or both
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture dirt and debris
- INCLUDES: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, and a detachable mop pad tray
Last update on 2024-01-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Bissell Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop will get rid of any allergens found on your floor, which include debris and dirt. With easy to use controls, you can switch between vacuuming and steam or do both simultaneously as part of your cleaning routine. The machine’s 25-foot power cord makes it easy for you to move around while you clean, and it has five that you can adjust to your height, which provides versatility.
The Bissell Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1 vacuum and steam mop allow you to perform two tasks simultaneously. You can steam clean as well as pick up any dirt and debris off your hardwood floor at the same time. The product also has a 12.8-ounce water holding capacity tank. You don’t have to worry about refilling frequently. Using the high steam function eliminates 99.9% of bacteria and germs, suitable for people who suffer from allergies. It helps you keep the room in your house very clear and free of any harmful allergens.
The vac and steam Symphony has an easy to release mop pad tray with four reusable pads; 2 for scrubbing hard surfaces and 2 for softer cleaning. The product allows you to switch functions on or off while you’re cleaning. This means that the vacuum cleaner offers three cleaning modes: a low steam function mode, high steam function mode, and no steam mode. Depending on the roughness and quality of the surface you’re trying to clean, you can adjust these modes appropriately. You can use it on granite, marble, tile, hardwood, linoleum, and ceramic.
- Powerful Suction Vacuum.
- Mop Pads can be changed with ease
- Easy to use adjustable hands
- There is reduced contact with dirty parts
- Heavy and doesn’t get under furniture.
- You have to keep pads wet for easy use
- Better for hard floors, not as good on rugs or carpets.
BISSELL Crosswave (1785A) – Best for hard floors and carpet
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- VACUUM & WASH AT THE SAME TIME, BISSELL CrossWave multi-surface floor cleaner cleans better than a sponge mop and bucket, and in less time.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING. Safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
- TWO-TANK TECHNOLOGY. Keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris, so you always clean everyday messes with fresh solution
- DUAL-ACTION MULTI-SURFACE BRUSH ROLL. The innovative microfiber and nylon brush rotates at 3000 RPM, while also mopping and picking up dry debris at same time.
Last update on 2024-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the BISSELL CrossWave all-in-one multi-surface cleaner, you will have your hard floors cleaners better and easier than you’d ever imagined. With the innovative multi-surface cleaning solution and a dual-action brush roll rotating at 3500 RPM, the BISSELL CrossWave cleans fast, easy, and hassle-free.
The simplicity of use is one of the critical factors that every homeowner looks in a good steam cleaner, and that’s what you get when using BISSELL CrossWave. The handle-mounted smart-touch control allows for swift operation and easy. The BISSELL CrossWave comes with different unique features that make cleaning a breeze. The swivel head lays at a low angle, making it easier to reach obsolete dust under your furniture. It also moves around objects and into corners with ease, and this means that you can get suction such dirty quickly.
With two-tank technology, you can keep the cleaning solution separate from the dirty water and go about your cleaning with your superb mix of cleaning formula and water. There is a docking tray provided to clean your vacuum cleaner, and you can store to store it when dry.
This vacuum cleaner works great on hard floors, rugs, and carpets and it transitions smoothly from one flooring to another. It combines both vacuuming and washing in a single sweep. All you’ve got to do is navigate, and the cleaner does the rest, thanks to the combination of the nylon and microfiber brush.
- Easy to use.
- Great on all floors
- Vacuums and washes simultaneously
- Can reach under furnitures and corners
- No inbuilt heating or water filtration system.
- May leave dirty streak on floor
BISSELL CrossWave (2554A) – For cordless lovers
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.Brush System : Rotating. Cleaning Path Width : 10.5". Swivel Head : Yes..Carry Handle : Yes. Clean Tank Capacity : Water Tank - 28 oz | Dirt Tank - 18.6 oz
- VACUUM & WASH AT THE SAME TIME. Combine floor cleaning chores with cordless freedom.
- 36V LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. Provides up to 30 minutes of cordless cleaning power.
- IMPROVED EDGE CLEANING. Easily pick up pet hair that gathers along baseboards and in corners of your home.
- WIFI CONNECTED CAPABILITIES. Works with the BISSELL Connect app to provide helpful alerts, maintenance tracking and usage tips, plus formula and accessory reordering made easy with Amazon Dash Replenishment.
Last update on 2024-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Bissell Cross Wave Cordless Max is everything that anyone can ever ask for in a cleaner. The product is versatile in function as it washes and vacuums simultaneously. You can go from cleaning area rugs to hard floors seamlessly, without having to change any processes or make adjustments.
It can be used on various surfaces like rubber floor mats, sealed wood floors, tile, laminate, rugs, linoleum, and more. It will pick up anything from debris to dog hair found on corners and baseboards. There is even more seamless cleaning with two-tank technology.
This machine has a 36V lithium-Ion battery. This robust battery allows you to clean surfaces for up to 30 minutes without having to worry about cords getting in the way.
There aren’t many machines out there that have internet connection capabilities. If you have Wi-Fi at home, you can connect this machine to it via the app for helpful tips, maintenance tracking, and any useful alerts. It also comes with two multi-surface trial formulas, two hard floor stubborn mess + odor eliminator trial formulas, and multi-surface brush rolls.
- Easy to use
- Two tank tech
- 30 minutes cordless cleaning
- Excellent suction and cleaning power.
- Quite Pricey
- Uses a battery.
FAQs on BISSELL Crosswave vs Symphony
Q: What is the difference in the cleaning style between Bissell Symphony and Crosswave machines?
Bissell Symphony cleaners can sanitize and vacuum with impressive steam power even though they don’t have the brush rolls. Bissell Crosswave cleaners, on the other hand, use a brush rolls that are motorized to clean and vacuum properly.
Q: Which machines have better cleaning prowess in the Bissell Crosswave vs symphony battle?
Both the Bissell Symphony and the Bissell Crosswave cleaners offer an incredible cleaning performance. While the Bissell Symphony gets impressive results on hard floors, the Bissell Crosswave cleaners will clean both area rugs and hard floors,
Q: What can the Bissell Crosswave be used for?
The Bissell Crosswave can clean all types of indoor hard floors and area rugs too.
Q: Why is my Bissell vacuum making noise when I use it?
It could be clogged; the bag is full if you own a bagged model or brush has debris stuck in it.
Q: Where to buy Bissell Symphony or Crosswave cleaners?
Anyone looking to buy these cleaners is better off going to their local department store that sells DIY products or online
Wrap Up on BISSELL Symphony vs CrossWave
The Bissell Symphony vs Crosswave debate is all down to purpose and preference. Bissell Symphony cleaners are well-rounded machines for hard floors that allow you to vacuum and steam clean at the same time.
Likewise, products in the Crosswave line are efficient vacuum cleaners. They can clean both liquids, sticky residue, and solid dirt. Also, they can transition easily from hard floors to rugs or carpets.
Before you decide which may be the best for you, consider what you need in a machine and your price. For example, if you have a pet and multiple flooring, you may consider the Crosswave Pet Pro. However, if you are particular about getting germs off your interior space, a Bissell Symphony may be the go-to option.
Hopefully, we’ve helped you navigate through your options, and you can now choose the best cleaner for your space.
People Also Viewed:
- How To Use A BISSELL Steam Cleaner Effectively
- How to Use a Steam Cleaner Effectively
- Compare BISSELL ProHeat 2X Models – The Ultimate Comparison
- BISSELL Crosswave vs Hoover FloorMate
- BISSELL SpotClean vs Little Green
- BISSELL Spinwave vs Crosswave
- Shark VacMop vs BISSELL CrossWave
- Bissell Crosswave vs Steam Mop