Bona vs Swiffer – which floor mop to buy?
When it comes to floor mop, Swiffer and Bona are two of the biggest names in cleaning warriors’ minds. They have been competing with each other for years and are well known for making affordable, user-friendly, and effective mops.
Floor mops have evolved a lot over the years with Bona and Swiffer adapting to changes in the market and giving their customers top-quality mops that are easy to use as well as convenient.
This has sparked the Bona vs Swiffer debate which we will look at in this article. Read on
Bona Vs Swiffer Mops in Our Study
So many Bona models have been released by the company in recent years but for simplicity’s sake, this article will only focus on 3 models. The 3 mop models that will be discussed are the
- Bona Spray mop for hardwood,
- Bona Spray mop for hard-surface floors (stone, tile, laminate, and luxury vinyl)
- Bona Premium Microfiber mop
When it comes to the Swiffer models, just like Bona, they have a wide range of amazing mops but this article will only shed some light on 2 of them. These 2-floor mops from Swiffer are widely used by customers across the world and they are
- Swiffer WetJet Hardwood and Floor Spray Mop Cleaner
- Swiffer Sweeper 2-in-1 Mops, Dry and Wet Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner
Let’s have a look at them one by one.
This is the perfect product for anyone that has unoiled, waxed, and polyurethane-finished wood floors.
Like many other Bona products sold on the market, this one also promises to make your cleaning tasks up to 40% faster thanks to the impressive extra-large mop head.
As a nice touch, it comes with a hardwood cleaner meaning you can save time and money searching the market for a cleaning product.
It will not take up story space in your home thanks to its flexible and retractable design plus it is lightweight.
- The pads can be used over and over and plus they can also be re-washed in a washing machine.
- Innovative design with dual zone cleaning action
- Pads are locked in place thanks to the locking strips.
- Comfortable grip
- Not built well enough to withstand hard cleaning jobs.
You will go a long way to find a mop that is able to clean multiple types of floors like this one. Everything from linoleum, to stone, terrazzo, vinyl, and more can all be cleaned using this mop. The large head is the reason why people buy this mop because it makes cleaning tasks less tedious.
You will be able to clean your floor in half the time giving you an opportunity to focus on other things. It comes with its own 34-ounce floor cleaner which is a nice little bonus and the microfibres cleaning pads are washing machine friendly.
- The locking strips make it very easy to clean large areas very quickly
- Impressive cleaning results thanks to the dual-zone cleaning action
- Lightweight design for easy storage
- Flexible runner corner makes it easy to reach every inch of the floor you’re cleaning
- Refillable cartridge
- There is a chance that this cleaner will leave streaks on the floor.
- The product can break when put under heavy strain
This incredibly durable mop can be used on a variety of hard surfaces as well as hardwood floors. Thanks to an extra-large mop head, its versatility is why many customers see it as a product that everyone who wants a clean and tidy home must-have.
You can use this product without worrying about causing damage to your furniture and baseboards thanks to rubberized comers. Thanks to the locking strips, you can easily remove and attach any pads for a far superior cleaning experience than anything on the market.
- The dual-zone cleaning action is very effective when it comes to cleaning
- Traps everything from pet hair, dirt, and dust thanks to its very impressive innovative design
- A very large mop head makes cleaning 40% faster
- A very easy product to use
- The handle also would slip up and down during every use, making it very hard to handle
- This design has insufficient hook and loop fastening to keep the cleaning pad from folding under at the two ivory-colored corners. It’s a real pain to use
The Swiffer WetJet is a spray mop. It is not only good for hardwood but tile and vinyl. The good news about this starter kit is it comes with two times pad refills which is good for people who want to have a clean and tidy home at all times.
When the kit is opened, you will notice that it comes with everything you need like 4 batteries, 4 pad refills, a cleaning solution bottle, 5 heavy-duty mopping pad refills, and 1 WetJet Spray Mop.
The best part about this product is the absorb and lock strip which will trap any grime and dirt in the pads so that the area you’re cleaning doesn’t get messy again.
Despite coming with everything one needs to clean, it does have a few benefits and drawbacks.
- Can be used on all finished wood floors
- An incredible design that will not only clean well but also act like a tile, laminate, and hard floor cleaner.
- An incredible cleaning kit that comes with all the accessories you need to perform cleaning tasks
- In some cases, the spray stops working after using it for a bit.
- Not ideal for use on unfinished, oiled, or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles or carpeted floors since some of them are very water sensitive.
This product can use both wet and dry clothes meaning you don’t need to have two separate products making it very economical for those who don’t have a lot of funds to buy more than one product.
Putting this sweeper together is very easy, you simply wrap the cloth under the head, poke the flaps located on the corners to keep it in place and you’re ready to go. When you’re finished cleaning, you just get rid of the dirty cloth and you’ll be ready to put on clean clothes next time you’re cleaning.
- Compact design means it can be used in small spaces and is easy to store.
- There’s no need to move furniture around because the mop heads easily glide in and around furniture and can also reach behind toilets as well as bathrooms.
- Can be used on a variety of floors like vinyl, hardwood, and tile.
- The kit comes with 90% refills which is more than most products on the market.
- The product is very flimsy and fits together so poorly
- When it comes to the wet pads, they have an excessive and sickening fragrance.
- The wet mopping cloths cannot be used on unfinished, oiled or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles, or carpeted floors because they may be sensitive to water.
- Easy to assemble
Bona spray mop vs Swiffer WetJet
While these models serve the same purpose, they are very different from each other. The Bona Spray Mop is known to distribute cleaning solutions better than the Swiffer WetJet. The Bona model has a bigger head compared to the Swiffer WetJet model making it easy to use in large rooms while the Swiffer is perfect for small rooms. Lastly, The Swiffer WetJet is not washing machine friendly and can be disposed of after use while the Bona pads can be reused because they are washing machine friendly.
Bona microfiber floor mop vs Swiffer
The Bona model can be used on hard surfaces, has a larger mop head which allows it to cover more ground, has rubberized corners that prevent damage to properly, and has dual zone cleaning action. Anything from pet hair, dirt, and dust is easily trapped by the model thanks to its amazing pad.
The Swiffer model on the other hand comes with two heavy-duty dry cloths that will easily trap everything from pet hair to dirt making them ideal for multi-surface cleaning. It comes with an amazing starter pack which makes it perfect for beginners and it also has 90% more refills that can be recycled..
1. Which Bona mop is best?
The best mop is the Bona Premium Microfiber Mop because it has a durable microfiber pad, has a large head and doesn’t need any batteries.
2. Will Swiffer ruin hardwood floors?
The Swiffer will not cause damage to any hardwood floors due to its amazing design and can be used with wet or dry refill cloths. Anyone with unfinished floor, oiled or wax floors is advised not to use wet refills and if one decides to use them on finished hardwood floors, they should do so with caution.
3. Alternatives to Bona and Swiffer?
A good alternative is the VENETIO Premium Spray Mop. It is a good spray mop to use on multi-floors and also good for pet owners.
Bona vs Swiffer Wrap up
Both brands have been hugely successful on the market and have invested a lot of money in improving their product to keep their customers happy. Choosing which model to go for is down to preference and most importantly, performance.
If we look at performance closely, the Bona model outshines the Swiffer because it sprays evenly, has a larger head, and doesn’t streak as much.
People Also Like: