How to Compare Bissell and Shark Vacuums
Once you’ve made the decision to purchase a new vacuum for your home, you’re going to be faced with a surplus of options. With dozens of manufacturers and dozens of models from each company, it can be incredibly intimidating.
The first thing you should do is to consider which manufacturers you’ve heard of in the past. You’ll then want to compare them each, such as comparing Bissell and Shark vacuums, two manufacturers that have an extensive list of impressive vacuums for residential and commercial properties.
In this guide we will bring you through the top upright, handheld, stick, and canister vacuums from both Bissell and Shark to help you choose the right model for your property.
Jump to Our Top Picks of Bissell and Shark Vacuums:
- Upright Models:
- Handheld Models:
- Stick Models:
- Canister Models:
All About Bissell Vacuums
Bissell vacuums are renowned throughout the world because they typically offer a variety of different features that not only help to make cleaning easier, but to give you a deeper clean. Below are the top 4 Bissell vacuums currently on the market.
Bissell CleanView Rewind Deluxe
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides powerful suction all the way to the edge of the vacuum foot, and with the featured edge bristles, cleaning in corners and along baseboards is easy
- Triple action brush roll Loosens, lifts, and removes embedded dirt and pet hair on multiple surfaces, and scatter-free technology captures messes on hard floors with less debris scatter
- Powerful, Multi-cyclonic suction system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs
- Automatic cord Rewind with a 27-foot power cord so you never have to wrap a cord again. Power rating: 8 Amps
- Multi-Level filtration with a washable filter helps reduce household dust and allergens
The Bissell CleanView Rewind Deluxe is a phenomenal vacuum. If you’re searching for an upright vacuum that will give you the ability to penetrate the deepest fibers in your home, this is the model for you.
- Edge-to-Edge Cleaning: This vacuum is designed to give you a powerful level of suction from every edge of the cleaning head. You’ll be able to pick up dirt anywhere from the foot of the vacuum to the edge. There are also integrated bristles that help to clean along baseboards and corners of each room.
- Triple Action Brush Roll: With the help of scatter-free technology, the triple action brush roll helps to remove deeply embedded dirt from a variety of surfaces, including hard floor. It helps to prevent messes from scattering across the floor so you can experience optimal cleanliness.
- Multi-Cyclonic Suction: There’s nothing worse than having microscopic particles of dirt escaping from your vacuum back into the air. With the help of multi-cyclonic suction, dirt particles will stick themselves inside of the vacuum and be unable to blow back into the air.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser
- Surface Type: upholstery, auto, stairs, Power Rating: 4 amps
- Filtration: multi-layer filtration, The Bissell hand vac uses the Cyclonic Cleaning System
- 16-ft Power cord. Cleans stairs, upholstery and hard surfaces. Dirt Cup Capacity:0.78 L
- Specialized rubber nozzle attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as stairs and upholstery
- Includes two specially designed nozzles
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is not only a phenomenal model for getting rid of pet hair and dander, but it can also tackle other types of large and small debris. For a handheld vacuum, it is incredibly powerful.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Getting rid of dirt from the surface of furniture to the corners of every room has never been easier than with the multi-surface cleaning power of the Bissell Pet Eraser. It’s specially designed to offer optimal suction across a variety of surfaces.
- Specialized Rubber Contour Nozzle: Constructed out of a special rubber designed to pick up and trap fine particles, the contour nozzle also helps you to get rid of dirt in tough areas such as corners and crevices.
- Specialized Hard Nozzle: For everyday spills such as cereal from kids or kitty litter, the hard nozzle helps you to save time and energy when you’re dealing with large pieces of debris.
- The V-shape directs larger debris into the center suction path, while the ends of the V capture small, fine debris
- Easily cleans around furniture legs and on low pile are legs; Hose Length: No Hose
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup makes project cleanup a breeze. Power Rating: 6 amps
- Cleaning Path Width: 11.35 inches (V-Shape), Power Cord Length: 20 feet
If you’re in the market for an easily portable stick vacuum, the Bissell PowerEdge helps to make cleaning everyday messes much simpler. With a thin and lightweight design, the unit is easy to store but yet incredibly powerful at the same time.
- V-Shaped Cleaning Head: To set this stick vacuum apart from its competition, the specially designed v-shaped cleaning head gives you innovative suction that brings large debris into the center of the head for easy pickup. The ends can then focus on small and fine debris around your home.
- Swivel Head: Cleaning up messes around the feet of furniture and underneath décor has never been easier than with the help of the integrated swivel head. This helps to make maneuvering the stick vacuum easier than ever before.
- Bagless Convenience: Cyclonic action and powerful suction provides thorough cleaning. Plus, no more bags to buy or change EVER. Hose Length : 4 feet 8 inches
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch and power cord length-15 feet
- Three-Stage Filtration: Dirt cup filters and post-motor filter help to capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and re-usable
- Includes: Easy Empty Dirt Cup, Combination Crevice Tool/Dusting Brush, Automatic Cord Rewind, Air Flow Regulator
Canister vacuums are known for their power and suction capabilities, and the Bissell Zing is no different. With its compact design and impressive features, you’ll experience an incredibly deep clean on both hard and plush surfaces.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: It can be difficult and expensive to purchase different vacuums for the different types of flooring in your home. With the multi-surface cleaning function on the Bissell Zing you can easily move the unit from plush to hard surfaces with the flip of a switch.
- Three-Stage Filtration: To ensure that all traces of allergens and bacteria are removed from furniture, décor, and floors, take advantage of the unit’s three-stage filtration. With the combination of a dirt reservoir filter and a post-motor filter, more fine dust particles will be trapped.
- Included Cleaning Attachments: With the Bissell Zing you’ll also receive a crevice tool and dusting brush. These tools can be used to pick up more traces of fine dust and dirt from upholstery, cracks, and corners.
All About Shark Vacuums
As another renowned vacuum manufacturer, Shark takes a traditional approach with their models. Instead of focusing on different tools and features, they focus on designing units that give you a comprehensive clean the first time around. If you’re looking for an all-inclusive vacuum without unnecessary bells and whistles, their vacuums are a phenomenal choice.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away
- Lift-Away. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile at 13.7 lbs.
- Brushroll Shutoff. Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away offers a professional clean with minimal effort. Designed for optimal performance, cleaning your home has never been easier than it is now.
- Lift-Away Technology: As a feature that is only included in the Lift-Away line of Shark vacuums, you can easily detach the canister away from the vacuum unit to get into hard-to-reach areas. It essentially makes the vacuum a 2-in-1 unit to help make portable cleaning much simpler.
- Dust-Away Attachment: Designed for hard floors, the Dust-Away attachment is perfect for dealing with large and fine debris on hardwood, laminate, and tile. All you will need to do is attach microfiber pads to help trap more dirt than with a traditional microfiber mop.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology: Integrated along with a HEPA filter, the anti-allergen technology is essential for trapping 99.9% of dust and pollen that is responsible for creating allergens in your home.
Shark Pet Perfect II
- The most powerful 18 volt cordless hand vacuum available
- Deep cleaning thanks to an extra-large detachable motorized brush for quick and easy cleanups of pet hair and ground-in dirt
- Light weight - making it perfect for your home, car, boat, or RV
- The versatility of a crevice tool, motorized brush, dusting brush and direct suction option - for easy cleaning on any surface
- An easily detachable and washable filter.Do not wash it in a washing machine or use a hair-dryer or other forced air to dry it
As a comprehensive handheld vacuum, portable cleaning is much simpler with the help of the Shark Pet Perfect II. Originally designed for dealing with pet messes, this unit is also essential for cleaning up every day messes.
- Twister Cyclonic Technology: As an innovative feature included with the Shark Pet Perfect II, you’ll experience consistent strong suction while cleaning a variety of surfaces. The Twister Cyclonic Technology is also essential for maintaining the unit’s filter for long-term performance.
- TruePet Motorized Pet Brush: Ideal for dealing with pet hair from any surface, the motorized brush is also essential for picking up any type of fine debris that you may find around your home, such as dust.
Shark Rocket TruePet
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 9 lbs, it converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Hard Floor Hero picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning
- Pet Multi-Tool. Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces
- Powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle to help you spot hidden debris throughout your home
- XL-Capacity Dust Cup allows for extended cleaning without interruption
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: As a feature that you typically don’t find in stick vacuums, the Shark Rocket TruePet easily transitions between hard and plush surfaces while you’re cleaning. You’ll be able to get a deeper clean than ever before without having to worry about a loss of power or suction.
- LED Lights: It can be frustrating to miss dirt and debris while vacuuming as a result of poor lighting conditions. The Shark Rocket TruePet is integrated with LED lights on both the hand vacuum and the suction head to illuminate your work area.
- Removable Hand Vacuum: For easier portable cleaning, take advantage of the removable handheld vacuum that allows you to clean anywhere above floors including stairs and furniture.
Shark Rotator Lift-Away
- Lightweight powered lift-away w/ no loss of suction
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- Powered motorized brush in canister & lift-away modes
- Cleans carpets, area rugs and bare floors
- On board convenient storage for crevice tool & dusting brush
As a canister vacuum that focuses on not only cleaning your home but also getting rid of allergens, the Shark Rotator is easy to use, easy to carry, and easy to store.
- Advanced Swivel Steering: When you’re working with a canister vacuum you’re going to want to make sure that you can customize your cleaning paths. The Shark Rotator Lift-Away is specially designed to offer the highest level of maneuverability possible to make cleaning simpler than ever before.
- Powered Motorized Brush: Whether you’re using the vacuum in its traditional canister mode or the Lift-Away mode, you’ll be able to take advantage of the powered motorized brush. It helps to agitate dirt out of deep fibers and to provide the highest possible level of suction on hard floors.
- Automatic Cord Rewind: For more efficient use, there’s no need to deal with cleaning up your vacuum’s cord after every use. The automatic cord rewind feature will easily store the Shark Rotator Lift-Away’s power cord on its own.
Compare Bissell and Shark Vacuum Features
|Bissell Cleanview Rewind Deluxe||Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional|
|Weight||15.4 lb.||13.7 lb.|
|Tank Capacity||1.0 Liters||2.2 Dry Quarts|
|Included Cleaning Attachments||TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand||Dusting Brush, 8” Crevice Tool, Pet Power Brush, Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment, 2 Microfiber Pads|
|Automatic Cord Rewind|
|Cleaning System||Multi-Cyclonic||Anti-Allergen and Dust-Away|
|Filtration System||Multi-Level||Anti-Allergen + HEPA|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser||Shark Pet Perfect II|
|Weight||4 lb.||4.2 lb.|
|Power Cord Length||Cordless||Cordless|
|Cleaning System||Cyclonic||Twister Cyclonic|
|Included Cleaning Attachments||Integrated crevice tool with pet hair nozzle||TruePet motorized pet brush, dusting brush, and crevice tool|
|Bissell PowerEdge Pet||Shark Rocket TruePet|
|Weight||7.1 lb.||8.6 lb.|
|Removable Handheld Vacuum||No||Yes|
|Cordless or Corded||Corded||Corded|
|Cleaning System||Standard||Standard and Dust-Away|
|Power Cord Length||20’||30’|
|Bissell Zing Rewind||Shark Rotator Lift-Away|
|Weight||6.2 lb.||22.6 lb.|
|Automatic Cord Rewind|
|Cleaning System||Cyclonic||Lift-Away and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal|
|Included Cleaning Attachments||Combination crevice tool and dusting brush||Crevice tool, dusting brush, and lift-away|
|Bagless or Bagged||Bagless||Bagless|
Final Thoughts: Bissell or Shark vacuums?
With the variety of vacuum models on the market, it’s important that you take features, price, and company reputation into account. If you’re looking for less expensive models that will quickly get the job done, Bissell vacuums could be a great options.
On the other end of the spectrum, Shark vacuums are known for their phenomenal long-lasting power and their anti-allergen properties. Though they are more expensive, they are built to last an extended period of time.
People Also Viewed:
- Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
- Bissell Robotic Vacuum vs Roomba
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner