Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Vacuum Is Right For You?
A vacuum is an essential part of keeping a home clean, especially if you have multiple types of flooring in your home. Dirt Devil and Hoover are both household names that have many years of experience with manufacturing cleaning tools that are designed for multiple types of flooring.
If you’re in the market for the right vacuum for your home, it’s time to consider the benefits of Dirt Devil vs Hoover vacuums.
Our Top Picks of Dirt Devil and Hoover Vacuums:
- Stick Models:
- Upright Models:
- Handheld Models:
#1. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Stick Vacuum
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
- A lightweight design lets you move the vacuum from room to room and up and down stairs. The smart, bagless design is easy to empty.
- Bagless Design
- Weighs Only 3.8 Pounds
- Detachable Hand Vacuum: The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick is more than a traditional stick vacuum as it also has an integrated hand vacuum. You’ll have the ability to use the regular unit for typical vacuuming jobs and you can use the handheld units to get into hard-to-reach areas.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Unlike traditional stick vacuums, this unit is designed to tackle any type of flooring including hardwood and carpets. In most cases, stick vacuums are designed primarily for hard floors.
- Onboard Cleaning Attachments: Aside from the fact that the Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick can be used as a hand vac, a stick vac, and a utility vac, you’ll also receive a crevice tool, which is essential for getting into hard-to-reach areas and underneath appliances and furniture.
Hoover ONEPWR Blade+
The Hoover ONEPWR Blade+ is a very handy vacuum in a lightweight pack that is suitable for use all over the home that makes a great companion for pet owners. This product is great for both carpet and hard floors. It has an antimicrobial brush and an odor filter that traps almost all allergens and bad smells respectively.
The dirt canister is relatively large. The vacuum is designed to move easily along the floor without overly weakening your arm. It has an advanced swivel steering for moving around furniture and other obstacles. It also has a removable brush roll that allows you to clean and maintain the machine easily.
All these are in a cordless, ONEPWR battery-powered machine that does not trip your legs while you are cleaning your carpet, hardwood floor, tile, or laminate floor.
At 9 pounds, this very lightweight vacuum is designed to be lightweight and feel weightless when you are using it. It is very good stick vacuum for convenient use.
- Large Capacity Cup Dirt
This vacuum is claimed to have up to 3 times more capacity than other wireless vacuum cleaners of its size.
- Antimicrobial Brush Roll & Pet Filter
The brushroll is treated with antibacterial-bacterial materials that prevent the growth of bacteria and allergens from making your vacuum and homes smell.
- Power Vortex Technology
The vacuum uses a patented Power Vortex technology that utilizes high-speed airflow & a multi-cyclonic filtration system. to lift off embedded dirt from the floors and carpets. Now, you can simply clean in one pass.
- Easy To Empty Dirt Canister: The dirt cup in this vacuum is easy to release. The no-touch release allows you to empty it without getting your hand messy
- Adjustable Brush Roll and Suction Settings: For better cleaning, you can turn on and off the brush roll and suction setting to adapt it to carpets & hard floors.
- The battery operates for about 15 minutes, it will be better to have a battery with more run time.
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vs Hoover ONEPWR Blade+ Verdict.
The Hoover ONEPWR Blade+ is a lot more expensive and this difference is very vast. However, the price is not the whole story. The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik vacuum cleaner is wired while the Hoover product is wireless and battery-powered. Hoover ONEPWR Blade+ has a way larger dirt cup that is easy to empty.
The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is more versatile as it can be converted to a stick vacuum and a handheld vacuum. Despite the questionable quality of the materials used to build it, Dirt Devil takes this round.
Here, we will go with the Dirt Devil Simpli-stick unit. The Hoover unit is useful for multipurpose cleaning and the power vortex tech plus suction settings are great pros, but battery runtime issue is our concern. The Dirt Devil is lighter at 3.8 pounds, multipurpose and you can detach it to make a stick vacuum, handheld or upright unit. So you comfortably accomplish more depending on the type of task at hand.
#2. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Upright Vacuum
Dirt Devil Endura Reach
With this cleaner, Endura is ‘Reaching ‘ for the top. This upright vacuum cleaner comes with an impressive suction power that vanquishes all the debris in your home. The Endura filtration system also sucks out most allergens in your home leaving your air purified.
The attached quick-release wand ensures that you get 10ft of extra cleaning reach so that you can handle all the dirt on the floor, walls and even ceilings. The brushroll is suited for both carpets and hard floors.
Its 2-in-1 dusting brush and crevice tool makes it easy to clean all dirt and mess in corners and other hard to reach places. The dirt cup is large and it empties with a push button that does not let the dirt touch your hand.
If an accident happens, the two-year limited warranty can cover the important parts of the machinery. Finally, the 2-in-1 dusting brush and crevice tool conveniently comes with onboard storage.
- Large Easy-empty Dirt Cup:
The 1.5 liter dirt canister is large enough to save your time and energy by preventing you from making unnecessary trips to the trashcan. You can easily empty it easier with the push of a button. This button is also well positioned so that you don’t have to touch the dirt.
- Powerful No Loss Suction:
One problem with vacuum cleaners is that occasionally, that machine does not suck well. However, forget the loss of suction with this product. The suction will clear all the dirt in your path.
- Compact Size:
This unit is nice and not in any way bulky or unwieldy. You can move it around easily and without worrying about the size.
- Endura Filtration System
The Dirt Devil patented Endura reach filtration system is designed to help you clean more easily, deeply and hassle free.
- Quick Release Extension Wand
Just when you might get frustrated with other vacuums because they’ve reached their space limit, the Endura Reach quick release extension wand allows you to reach about 10 more feet of space so you can clean everywhere you need to clean without worrying about changing positions or moving the whole unit.
- Great Design: This product is big but lightweight. It also has onboard storage for convenient access to its accessories. The 10-foot extension hose and 20 feet extension cord are well thought out. The Endura filter is rinesable and easily accessible for quick maintenance.
- No Assembly Needed: The Vacuum cleaner is pre-assembled. You won’t be fumbling around with a screwdriver before using this product. You simply need to plug it in and kill all dirt.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Great on hard or light flooring and cleaning up pet messes
- The crevice tools allows you to clean nooks and crannies easily.
- This machine is quite noisy: You might startle someone if you turn this machine on without prior notice
Hoover Power Drive Pet
Designed to remove all dust and trash from your carpet, this vacuum cleaner traps almost all allergens in its filter. Using their patented WindTunnel Technology, this vacuum lifts out all dirt and debris from your floors, furniture, and carpets.
In addition to the LED lights of cleaning dark closets, this product has an extension hose and other tools. With it, you can be sure that your home will be clean.
Using 11 Amps and 120 volts, no matter how often you vacuum your home, this product will make your cleaning easier. If it breaks down, there is a five-year limited warranty on the product.
- Swivel Steering For Easy Maneuvering.
This vacuum cleaner has a swivel head that helps you glide it effortlessly across the floor, into corners, under furniture, and around the home. This head ensures that the vacuum cleaner follows the natural movements of your body. It saves energy and works better.
- Wind Tunnel Technology Plus Advanced Action Brushroll
The product is engineered to suck away embedded dirt in your carpet. It uses a Wind Tunnel, an innovation that Hoover created to make the suction more effective. The Advance Action Brushroll allows you to suck up hair and threads without getting hair tangled around the brush head.
- Multi-floor Cleaning:
The vacuum cleaner has the capability to be turned on and off for use across different floor surfaces. This ensures that when cleaning hard floors, the dirt does not get scattered across the floor and when cleaning carpets, you can lift off more dirt.
- Quick Release Cleaning Wand:
When you are done cleaning the floors, you can use the wand to clean walls and ceilings quickly with the extendable wand attached to the vacuum. This gives you an extra 9 feet of cleaning reach. This product has a final reach of 13 feet.
- Extra Large Capacity Dirt Cup: This vacuum has a large capacity dirt cup that enables you to clean more regions of the home in one go. Say goodbye to the constant emptying of your canister.
- Multipurpose Pet Tools: In this product created for pet owners, there is a multipurpose tool for cleaning up your pet mess around the house.
- Easy to assemble: The assembly of the product is not unnecessarily cumbersome. You can do it yourself.
- The dirt canister is not detachable. This makes emptying the cup a bit cumbersome.
- At 16 pounds, this product is not lightweight.
Dirt Devil Endura Reach vs Hoover Windtunnel Max Capacity Verdict.
The Dirt devil Endura at 9 pounds is pretty lightweight compared to the 16 pound Hoover Windtunnel Max unit, so if you want something really lightweight but packs a punch when it comes to tidying up your space, The Dirtdevil Endura Reach is the better option in the upright category.
However, the Hoover WindTunnel has a bigger dirt cup just in case you’d like to empty less frequently and it’s great for pet owners which is an additional perk. We’ll call it a tie. The 1.5L Dirt Endura dirt tank is easy to empty while the Hoover, with a larger capacity detachable dirt tank, is a bit more difficult.
Despite the lower cost, the Dirt Devil has very similar features to the Hoover vacuum cleaner. The Dirt Devil cleaner has onboard accessory storage. In addition, the dirt devil has a longer hose and more overall reach.
As it appears, Dirt Devil should easily take our vote. However, the quality of the materials in this Dirt Devil is questionable because it breaks easily. If you want a product that will last long, you should choose a Hoover.
- For lightweight preference: Dirtdevil Endura Reach
- For Pet Owners: Hoover Power Drive Pet
#3. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Handheld Vacuum
Dirt Devil Ultra
- Crevice Tool and Stretch Hose: It can always be better to have access to cleaning attachments that improve the versatility of a hand vacuum. With the Dirt Devil Ultra, you’ll receive a crevice tool and stretch hose to help you tackle dirt in cracks and crevices.
- Motorized Brush: To help make cleaning simpler, you’ll enjoy the motorized brush, which is designed to pick up all types of dirt from upholstery, car interiors, and small areas.
- Amp Motor for powerful suction. Hose Length: 2 feet, Cleaning Path: 6 inches
- 16 Foot Power Cord – easily clean without the hassle of unplugging
- MicroFresh Bagged Filtration
Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Handheld Vacuum BH57005
This lightweight, cordless, battery-powered, handheld vacuum cleaner is probably the most easy-to-use vacuum you will own. The Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Hand Vacuum is great for small, quick, easy clean-ups. It comes with a reasonably large dirt cup and a built-in crevice tool. This machine gives you a quick cleaning option on the go.
- Cordless Compact Design.
The vacuum cleaner is convenient and easy to use/ the cordless experience ensures that you can use it anywhere.
- Perfect for quick pickups
The compact design makes it easy for use all over the house, outdoors or in your car. Plus the product has a powerful suction that lets you use it quickly and without fuss across surfaces and crevices.
- On-board Crevice Tool
With an on-board crevice tool, you can tackle dirt in corners and other inaccessible areas
- Easy To Store: One benefit of the size of this product is the fact that you can store it in even a small cupboard.
- Easy To Empty: The machine’s dirt cup is very easy to empty. You undo the side clips and pull the front part away. Simple!
- Has a replaceable battery
- For a small vacuum, this machine is quite loud.
Dirt Devil Hand Vacuum Cleaner Vs Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Handheld Vacuum Verdict.
The Dirt Devil is cheaper, has an expandable hose, a 20-foot power cord, and a way larger dirtbag. All these are great but the Hoover combines all these in a cordless system that is lighter. The versatility of the Hoover ONEPWR handheld makes it take this round.
While both the DirtDevil and Hoover handheld units are very good for housecleaning jobs, outdoor or car cleaning tasks you need to accomplish quickly, we will go for the Hoover ONEPWR handheld unit here. This is simply because it has an easily removeable and replaceable battery pack. This why why so many people love it. You don’t need to worry about the length of wires or electric cords or having to plug it. Just a battery and you’re ready to go!
What to Look for in a Vacuum
Before you make your purchase, it’s essential that you not only find a vacuum that offers the perfect features for your clean, but that will also give you the biggest bang for your buck. Below are some of the most important features that most high-quality vacuums should have to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
In today’s day and age, all vacuum companies are competing with one another to develop units that are going to outperform each other. With that being said, it’s important that you have some type of suction technology in your vacuum. It helps to improve the overall suction of the unit over time, meaning that you’ll never have to worry about large or fine debris not getting picked up when they should be.
Power Cord Length
Although this may seem like a trivial feature to most, the benefits of having a long power cord are vast. Instead of having to worry about unplugging a vacuum every time you move from one room to another, you’ll easily be able to get your house clean in less time and with less physical effort. You’ll also want to ensure that the power cord is simple to rewind at the end of every clean.
The majority of high-quality vacuums offer HEPA filtration that helps to eliminate up to 99.9% of allergens from the air in your home. If you find a unit that does not have HEPA filters but has every other feature you may want, ensure that it has some type of filtering option.
The best choice is to pick a unit that has a reusable filter that you can easily wash and reinstall with regular use. If you’re suffering from allergies, you’ll truly appreciate a vacuum with a filter.
It’s important to consider the overall strength of the unit as well, as the motor is responsible for how loud the vacuum is while you’re using it, the level of suction it offers, and whether it’s going to last over the years or die out within a few months. This is why many home owners stick to certain types of vacuums as others don’t have large enough motors installed.
Not everyone uses cleaning attachments, but it’s guaranteed that at some point you’re going to wish that you had some. It’s common practice for vacuum manufacturers to offer cleaning attachments such as a crevice tool, extension pole, and an upholstery tool. Remember, you shouldn’t need the cleaning attachments every time you vacuum, but for focusing on special areas you’ll be glad that you have them.
Choosing Between Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums
Choosing the right vacuum for your home is based on many factors including integrated features, price, and brand reputation. As two prevalent names in the cleaning industry, both Hoover and Dirt Devil vacuums are quite popular.
When comparing the top 3 models of each manufacturer, you’ll find that Hoover offers a more comprehensive list of features such as WindTunnel technology, HEPA filtration, system indicators, and more. On the other hand, Dirt Devil offers more standard features such as height adjustments and easy storage capabilities.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one unit that will give you all of the bells and whistles, Hoover is your best option, whereas Dirt Devil is preferable for your standard every day clean.