Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Do You Need?
Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: What Vacuum Is Right For Me?
A vacuum is an essential part of keeping a home clean, especially if you have multiple types of flooring in your home. Dirt Devil and Hoover are both household names that have many years of experience with manufacturing cleaning tools that are designed for multiple types of flooring.
If you’re in the market for the right vacuum for your home, it’s time to consider the benefits of Dirt Devil vs Hoover vacuums.
#1. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Upright Vacuum
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION – The Endura filter is equipped for powerful upright vacuum cleaner performance – it’s also easily accessible + rinsable for quick maintenance when you need it
- EASY-EMPTY 1. 5L DIRT CUP – Fewer, quicker, and easier trips to the trash, all with the touch of a button
- LIGHT WITH A BITE – This compact upright packs some serious multi floor cleaning power in a conveniently lightweight design
- QUICK & EASY REACH – Power through dirt and pet hair with a wave of the extension wand for 10 ft. of extra reach – which stores on the vacuum when you’re done
- WHAT’S INCLUDED? – A 2-in-1 dusting brush and crevice tool stores on-board for messes at a minute’s notice
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction. Rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- 25-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter. HEPA Media Filter – Traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. Settings easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- System Check Indicator : One of the most interesting features of the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus is necessary to ensure you properly maintain your vacuum over the years. The system check indicator is a light on the front of the unit that will stay on in the event that your HEPA filter needs to be cleaned.
- Cord Rewind Technology : As a feature that has been forgotten by many manufacturers, the cord rewind technology is essential for making cleaning easier than ever before. It can be a hassle to have to bend down and wind a cord up on your own, which is why this Hoover unit automatically retracts the cord to stay neatly inside of the base of the unit.
- WindTunnel Technology : As previously mentioned, it’s important to find a vacuum with suction technology and this unit offers WindTunnel Technology. It helps to agitate dirt that is hidden in the deep fibers of your flooring and brings it to the surface to be suctioned.
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool. 8 Inch Stretch Hose – above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- Comes with No-Scuff Bumper which protects furniture as you clean along edges or underneath
#2. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Stick Vacuum
- A lightweight design lets you move the vacuum from room to room and up and down stairs. The smart, bagless design is easy to empty.
- Bagless Design
- Weighs Only 3.8 Pounds
- Detachable Hand Vacuum: The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick is more than a traditional stick vacuum as it also has an integrated hand vacuum. You’ll have the ability to use the regular unit for typical vacuuming jobs and you can use the handheld units to get into hard-to-reach areas.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Unlike traditional stick vacuums, this unit is designed to tackle any type of flooring including hardwood and carpets. In most cases, stick vacuums are designed primarily for hard floors.
- Onboard Cleaning Attachments: Aside from the fact that the Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick can be used as a hand vac, a stick vac, and a utility vac, you’ll also receive a crevice tool, which is essential for getting into hard-to-reach areas and underneath appliances and furniture.
- Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery : As a stick vacuum, the Hoover Linx is incredibly versatile and gives you the ability to have cord-free cleaning experience. The fade-free lithium-ion battery helps to make sure that the vacuum performs at its best the entire time you’re using it. You not longer have to worry about the vacuum “fading” prior to needing to be recharged.
- Edge Cleaning Bristles: It’s always important to make sure that you get dirt from the top and bottom of your baseboards, which is when the edge cleaning bristles come into play. As you clean the entirety of your home, the bristles will help to get the dirt out of tight corners for a more thorough clean.
- Intuitive Power Controls: To help add more convenience to the Hoover Linx, all of the power controls that you need are right at the top of the handle for easy access. You won’t have to worry about bending down and fidgeting with different settings before every time you use the vacuum.
- WindTunnel Technology: Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle: Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life: Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
#3. Dirt Devil vs Hoover on Handheld Vacuum
- Crevice Tool and Stretch Hose: It can always be better to have access to cleaning attachments that improve the versatility of a hand vacuum. With the Dirt Devil Ultra, you’ll receive a crevice tool and stretch hose to help you tackle dirt in cracks and crevices.
- Motorized Brush: To help make cleaning simpler, you’ll enjoy the motorized brush, which is designed to pick up all types of dirt from upholstery, car interiors, and small areas.
- Amp Motor for powerful suction. Hose Length: 2 feet, Cleaning Path: 6 inches
- 16 Foot Power Cord – easily clean without the hassle of unplugging
- MicroFresh Bagged Filtration
- 20 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery – powerful performance without the hassle of a cord. Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Liters
- Fade-Free Battery Technology delivers fade-free power for the entire life of the battery
- Lightweight design weighs less than 4 lbs. so you can go from room-to-room with ease
- Powered Turbo Tool powerfully picks up hair on furniture and stairs
- Reusable Easy Rinse Filter can be cleaned under running water for long-lasting use
What to Look for in a Vacuum
Before you make your purchase, it’s essential that you not only find a vacuum that offers the perfect features for your clean, but that will also give you the biggest bang for your buck. Below are some of the most important features that most high-quality vacuums should have to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
In today’s day and age, all vacuum companies are competing with one another to develop units that are going to outperform each other. With that being said, it’s important that you have some type of suction technology in your vacuum. It helps to improve the overall suction of the unit over time, meaning that you’ll never have to worry about large or fine debris not getting picked up when they should be.
Power Cord Length
Although this may seem like a trivial feature to most, the benefits of having a long power cord are vast. Instead of having to worry about unplugging a vacuum every time you move from one room to another, you’ll easily be able to get your house clean in less time and with less physical effort. You’ll also want to ensure that the power cord is simple to rewind at the end of every clean.
The majority of high-quality vacuums offer HEPA filtration that helps to eliminate up to 99.9% of allergens from the air in your home. If you find a unit that does not have HEPA filters but has every other feature you may want, ensure that it has some type of filtering option.
The best choice is to pick a unit that has a reusable filter that you can easily wash and reinstall with regular use. If you’re suffering from allergies, you’ll truly appreciate a vacuum with a filter.
It’s important to consider the overall strength of the unit as well, as the motor is responsible for how loud the vacuum is while you’re using it, the level of suction it offers, and whether it’s going to last over the years or die out within a few months. This is why many home owners stick to certain types of vacuums as others don’t have large enough motors installed.
Not everyone uses cleaning attachments, but it’s guaranteed that at some point you’re going to wish that you had some. It’s common practice for vacuum manufacturers to offer cleaning attachments such as a crevice tool, extension pole, and an upholstery tool. Remember, you shouldn’t need the cleaning attachments every time you vacuum, but for focusing on special areas you’ll be glad that you have them.
Choosing Between Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums
Choosing the right vacuum for your home is based on many factors including integrated features, price, and brand reputation. As two prevalent names in the cleaning industry, both Hoover and Dirt Devil vacuums are quite popular.
When comparing the top 3 models of each manufacturer, you’ll find that Hoover offers a more comprehensive list of features such as WindTunnel technology, HEPA filtration, system indicators, and more. On the other hand, Dirt Devil offers more standard features such as height adjustments and easy storage capabilities.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one unit that will give you all of the bells and whistles, Hoover is your best option, whereas Dirt Devil is preferable for your standard every day clean.
People Also Viewed:
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Hoover Windtunnel 2 vs 3: What are the differences?
- Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
- Dirt Devil Vibe vs Versa Clean
- Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
- Hoover Linx vs Shark Navigator Cordless
- Hoover Max Extract 60 vs 77
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner