Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Do You Need?
A vacuum is an essential part of keeping a home clean, especially if you have multiple types of flooring in your home. Dirt Devil and Hoover are both household names that have many years of experience with manufacturing cleaning tools that are designed for multiple types of flooring.
If you’re in the market for the right vacuum for your home, it’s time to consider the benefits of Dirt Devil vs Hoover vacuums.
Jump to Our Top Picks for Dirt Devil and Hoover Vacuums:
- Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus
- Hoover Linx
- Hoover Air
- Dirt Devil Dynamite
- Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
- Dirt Devil Ultra
All About Hoover Vacuums
There are dozens of different Hoover models that you can choose from ranging from canister designs to upright ones. Choosing the right vacuum is mostly based on personal preference, as some home owners might want a vacuum that offers certain features and others might be looking for a plain and simple design.
In this guide, we have created a list of 3 popular Hoover vacuums and all of their features to help you decide if Hoover is the right brand for you.
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction. Rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- WindTunnel Technology lifts and removes surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- 25-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter. HEPA Media Filter - Traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. Settings easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool. 8 Inch Stretch Hose - above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- Comes with No-Scuff Bumper which protects furniture as you clean along edges or underneath
- System Check Indicator
One of the most interesting features of the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus is necessary to ensure you properly maintain your vacuum over the years. The system check indicator is a light on the front of the unit that will stay on in the event that your HEPA filter needs to be cleaned.
- Cord Rewind Technology
As a feature that has been forgotten by many manufacturers, the cord rewind technology is essential for making cleaning easier than ever before. It can be a hassle to have to bend down and wind a cord up on your own, which is why this Hoover unit automatically retracts the cord to stay neatly inside of the base of the unit.
- WindTunnel Technology
As previously mentioned, it’s important to find a vacuum with suction technology and this unit offers WindTunnel Technology. It helps to agitate dirt that is hidden in the deep fibers of your flooring and brings it to the surface to be suctioned.
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
- Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery
As a stick vacuum, the Hoover Linx is incredibly versatile and gives you the ability to have cord-free cleaning experience. The fade-free lithium-ion battery helps to make sure that the vacuum performs at its best the entire time you’re using it. You not longer have to worry about the vacuum “fading” prior to needing to be recharged.
- Edge Cleaning Bristles
It’s always important to make sure that you get dirt from the top and bottom of your baseboards, which is when the edge cleaning bristles come into play. As you clean the entirety of your home, the bristles will help to get the dirt out of tight corners for a more thorough clean.
- Intuitive Power Controls
To help add more convenience to the Hoover Linx, all of the power controls that you need are right at the top of the handle for easy access. You won’t have to worry about bending down and fidgeting with different settings before every time you use the vacuum.
- 20 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery - powerful performance without the hassle of a cord. Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Liters
- Fade-Free Battery Technology delivers fade-free power for the entire life of the battery
- Lightweight design weighs less than 4 lbs. so you can go from room-to-room with ease
- Powered Turbo Tool powerfully picks up hair on furniture and stairs
- Reusable Easy Rinse Filter can be cleaned under running water for long-lasting use
- LithiumLife Battery System:
If you’ve ever owned a cordless Hoover tool in the past, it’s important to save their lithium ion batteries because of the LithiumLIfe technology. Instead of having to rely on a single battery for each unit, these batteries are interchangeable. You’ll easily be able to charge multiple batteries and use them across any type of Hoover vacuum.
- Cleaning Attachments
It’s fairly rare to get cleaning attachments with a handheld vacuum, which is why the Hoover Air can be quite convenient. You will receive a powered Turbo Tool that is perfect for grabbing pet hair and other types of fine debris from upholstery. You’ll also receive a Crevice Tool, which is perfect for getting into hard-to-reach areas such as corners.
- Reusable Filter
Instead of having to worry about buying filters on a regular basis, the Hoover Air is equipped with a reusable one. All of you have to do is remove the item from the vacuum, rinse it out, and then reinstall it once it is dry.
All About Dirt Devil Vacuums
As another competitor in the vacuum market, Dirt Devil has an extensive line of models that have helped home owners over the years. Below are a few of the most popular upright, stick, and handheld Dirt Devil vacuums on the market.
Dirt Devil Dynamite
- Lightweight - weighs less than 10 lbs
- Click-lock handle lowers to 31 inches for easy storage
- Automatic Height Adjustment- adjusts to any type of carpet - plus hard floors
- 25 Foot Power Cord
- Includes an Extension Wand, Dusting brush and Crevice Tool
- Easy Storage Technology
It can be difficult to own a vacuum that doesn’t fit into tight spaces when it’s being stored. With the Dirt Devil Dynamite, you’ll be able to take advantage of its easy storage technology that enables you to click-lock the handle to lower the height of the unit to 31 inches.
- Scuff Guard Nozzle
With the help of the scuff guard nozzle, you won’t have to worry about damage to your walls, baseboards, or delicate types of flooring as a result of hard plastic on the vacuum.
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
- A lightweight design lets you move the vacuum from room to room and up and down stairs. The smart, bagless design is easy to empty.
- Converts to a Hand Vacuum
- Bagless Design
- Weighs Only 3.8 Pounds
- On-board Crevice Tool
- Detachable Hand Vacuum
The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick is more than a traditional stick vacuum as it also has an integrated hand vacuum. You’ll have the ability to use the regular unit for typical vacuuming jobs and you can use the handheld units to get into hard-to-reach areas.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning
Unlike traditional stick vacuums, this unit is designed to tackle any type of flooring including hardwood and carpets. In most cases, stick vacuums are designed primarily for hard floors.
- Onboard Cleaning Attachments
Aside from the fact that the Dirt Devil Simpli-Stick can be used as a hand vac, a stick vac, and a utility vac, you’ll also receive a crevice tool, which is essential for getting into hard-to-reach areas and underneath appliances and furniture.
Dirt Devil Ultra
- Motorized Brush - perfect for lifting pet hair and dirt from upholstery, stairs and car interiors
- 4 Amp Motor for powerful suction. Hose Length: 2 feet, Cleaning Path: 6 inches
- Crevice Tool with Stretch Hose - tackle hard-to-reach spaces
- 16 Foot Power Cord - easily clean without the hassle of unplugging
- MicroFresh Bagged Filtration
- Crevice Tool and Stretch Hose
It can always be better to have access to cleaning attachments that improve the versatility of a hand vacuum. With the Dirt Devil Ultra, you’ll receive a crevice tool and stretch hose to help you tackle dirt in cracks and crevices.
- Motorized Brush
To help make cleaning simpler, you’ll enjoy the motorized brush, which is designed to pick up all types of dirt from upholstery, car interiors, and small areas.
What to Look for in a Vacuum
Before you make your purchase, it’s essential that you not only find a vacuum that offers the perfect features for your clean, but that will also give you the biggest bang for your buck. Below are some of the most important features that most high-quality vacuums should have to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
In today’s day and age, all vacuum companies are competing with one another to develop units that are going to outperform each other. With that being said, it’s important that you have some type of suction technology in your vacuum. It helps to improve the overall suction of the unit over time, meaning that you’ll never have to worry about large or fine debris not getting picked up when they should be.
Power Cord Length
Although this may seem like a trivial feature to most, the benefits of having a long power cord are vast. Instead of having to worry about unplugging a vacuum every time you move from one room to another, you’ll easily be able to get your house clean in less time and with less physical effort. You’ll also want to ensure that the power cord is simple to rewind at the end of every clean.
The majority of high-quality vacuums offer HEPA filtration that helps to eliminate up to 99.9% of allergens from the air in your home. If you find a unit that does not have HEPA filters but has every other feature you may want, ensure that it has some type of filtering option.
The best choice is to pick a unit that has a reusable filter that you can easily wash and reinstall with regular use. If you’re suffering from allergies, you’ll truly appreciate a vacuum with a filter.
It’s important to consider the overall strength of the unit as well, as the motor is responsible for how loud the vacuum is while you’re using it, the level of suction it offers, and whether it’s going to last over the years or die out within a few months. This is why many home owners stick to certain types of vacuums as others don’t have large enough motors installed.
Not everyone uses cleaning attachments, but it’s guaranteed that at some point you’re going to wish that you had some. It’s common practice for vacuum manufacturers to offer cleaning attachments such as a crevice tool, extension pole, and an upholstery tool. Remember, you shouldn’t need the cleaning attachments every time you vacuum, but for focusing on special areas you’ll be glad that you have them.
Choosing Between Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums
Choosing the right vacuum for your home is based on many factors including integrated features, price, and brand reputation. As two prevalent names in the cleaning industry, both Hoover and Dirt Devil vacuums are quite popular.
When comparing the top 3 models of each manufacturer, you’ll find that Hoover offers a more comprehensive list of features such as WindTunnel technology, HEPA filtration, system indicators, and more. On the other hand, Dirt Devil offers more standard features such as height adjustments and easy storage capabilities.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one unit that will give you all of the bells and whistles, Hoover is your best option, whereas Dirt Devil is preferable for your standard every day clean.
People Also Viewed:
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Hoover Windtunnel 2 vs 3: What are the differences?
- Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
- Dirt Devil Vibe vs Versa Clean
- Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
- Hoover Linx vs Shark Navigator Cordless
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner