Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
Eureka and Hoover are two well-known vacuum brands that have easily established their dominance in the cleaning industry. Whether you’re in the market for a residential or commercial unit, they undoubtedly have models for you to choose from.
When shopping for your home, there are plenty of things to look out for in your vacuum of choice ranging from power to additional cleaning attachments. To make the right decision for your cleaning needs, you’ll need to compare Eureka vs Hoover to find which is better.
Jump to Our Top Picks of Eureka and Hoover Vacuums:
- Upright Models:
- Stick Models:
- Canister Models:
- Handheld Models:
All About Eureka Vacuums
Below is a list of the top 4 upright, stick, canister, and handheld vacuums from Eureka and all of their included features.
Eureka AS3030A Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Upright vacuums are great for home owners that are looking for a traditional floor cleaner. They typically have the most features in comparison to other designs and come with an assortment of cleaning attachments to make your life simpler.
- Automatic cord rewind rewinds 27-ft of cord with the push of a button for quick and easy storage
- Comes with washable and reusable dust cup and requires less frequent replacement
- AirSpeed Technology to move more air and remove more dirt for a deeper clean
- Never loses suction-maintains powerful suction while vacuuming
- High efficiency allergen filter
Brushroll On/Off: One of the best features of the Eureka AirSpeed Unlimited is its ability to turn the brushroll on and off. This gives you the opportunity to clean a variety of different types of flooring. Keep the brushroll on for dealing with plush carpets, and turn it off for hard surfaces such as tile and laminate.
AirSpeed Technology: As an advanced way to give you a better clean, the AirSpeed technology in the vacuum is specifically engineered to dig deeper into fabrics to thoroughly eradicate traces of dirt and grime. It also helps to prevent loss of suction on any surface.
High Efficiency Allergen Filter: If you’re the type of home owner that deals with allergies, it could be as a result of microscopic particles hiding in your floors and upholstery. The included high efficiency allergen filter helps to get rid of up to 99.9% of allergens in your home.
Dealing with everyday messes means you’ll want a vacuum that is easily stored and easy to carry around your home. Stick vacuums give you can ample amount of power without the bulky nature of a traditional vacuum.
- The 2-in-1 design with onboard crevice tool makes you personalize your vacuum for your daily cleaning needs.
- Converts from a stick vacuum cleaner to a handy vacuum cleaner.
- Brush roll for both bare floors and area rugs.
- Lower handle for easy storage and comfortable carrying.
- Powerful motor picks up particles, dust and pollen while the washable filtration system captures debris and improves air quality.
Detachable Hand Vacuum: We have all encountered dirt in hard-to-reach areas that a traditional vacuum can’t get to, such as under furniture and in cracks and corners. With the help of the detachable hand vacuum, you’ll be able to get into all of these difficult areas to get rid of hidden dirt.
Retractable Handle: In the event that you have little to no space to store your vacuum, you’ll surely appreciate the retractable handle on the Eureka Quick-UP. Designed to be user-friendly, all you have to do is bring the handle down when storing the unit and easily bring it up when you’re ready to clean.
Lightweight Design: Weighing at less than 4 pounds, the Eureka Quick-UP truly gives you the ability to easily clean a variety of different surfaces with little to no hassle.
Eureka Mighty Mite
Using a canister vacuum can be the perfect way to harness an ample amount of power in a portable and easy-to-use vacuum. The Eureka Mighty Mite boasts all of the features you could ask for in one comprehensive unit.
- Ideal for Quick and Efficient Cleaning
- Convenient for Home and Auto. Auto shut-off protects against overheating
- Includes Blower Port. Blower port to blow debris from the garage or workshop
- Lightweight 10 amp canister vacuum safely and completely cleans bare-floor surfaces
- Power-Touch handle with easy-to-use fingertip controls; deluxe floor brush; bare-floor nozzle
Blower Port: Who says that your vacuum can only be used indoors? The Eureka Mighty Mite is designed to give you an all-around-your-property clean as you can use the unit both inside and outside. Attach the hose to the blower port to easily remove debris from outdoor sitting areas or garages.
Multi-Surface Cleaning Tools: With the help of the crevice tool, extension wand, turbo nozzle tool, dusting brush, and upholstery nozzle you’ll find that cleaning hard-to-reach areas has never been easier.
There’s nothing more convenient than a handheld vacuum, especially when it comes to small spills and dirt around your home. The Eureka EasyClean efficiently works on large and small debris to ensure you’re getting the most out of your handheld vacuum.
- Portable, lightweight handheld vacuum for home, car or garage; weighs less than 5 pounds
- Motorized brush with on/off switch for thorough cleaning of carpets, Integrated filter with easy to empty dust canister.Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 20.00 x 12.00 x 10.00 Inches
- 20-foot cord gives extended reach to clean an entire room, set of stairs or a vehicle in the driveway
- Features two motors, one for the brush and one for suction, to ensure a thorough clean
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty and Money-Back Guarantee
Riser Visor: If you have carpeted stairs you’ve undoubtedly seen a collection of dirt and dust in cracks and crevices that is seemingly impossible to get rid of with a regular vacuum. The Eureka EasyClean is designed with a specialized riser visor that gets into the cracks of stairs and upholstery for a deeper clean.
2 Motor Design: To ensure that the handheld vacuum gets the perfect amount of power to provide impeccable suction, it offers a 2 motor design. One motor is used for powering the revolving brush, and the second is dedicated solely to suction.
All About Hoover Vacuums
Hoover vacuums have set the majority of standards in the vacuum industry simply because the company has been around for an extended period of time. Their models are all-inclusive and offer a wide array of features that you will easily be able to use to your advantage.
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus
The Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus is a show stopping upright vacuum that gives you the power and cleaning capabilities you desire. With the perfect amount of features and included accessories, you couldn’t ask for more.
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction. Rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- WindTunnel Technology lifts and removes surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- 25-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter. HEPA Media Filter - Traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. Settings easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool. 8 Inch Stretch Hose - above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- Comes with No-Scuff Bumper which protects furniture as you clean along edges or underneath
WindTunnel Technology: The most notable feature of the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus is its WindTunnel technology. Not only does it help to keep your filters clean so you don’t have to replace them as often, but it also gives the unit impeccable suction. With the help of WindTunnel, you’ll be able to tackle dirt that has been deeply embedded in even the plushest of surfaces.
On-Board Cleaning Attachments: To make cleaning your home even easier, be sure to take advantage of the array of cleaning attachments including a crevice tool, extension wand, dusting brush, upholstery brush, and a powered hand tool.
If you’re in the market for a stick vacuum that is designed to give you all of the right features without the hassle of advanced technological components, the Hoover Linx is the right model for you.
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
Fade-Free Lithium Ion Battery: As a cordless stick vacuum, you’ll want to make sure that your unit won’t die halfway through your clean. Luckily, the Hoover Linx is equipped with a lithium ion battery that not only gives you 100% suction to clean your own house, but that also retains a charge for months at a time.
Edge Cleaning Bristles: It’s important to remember that dust doesn’t only settle on your floors, it can also be found in corners and along baseboards. With the soft, yet effective, edge cleaning bristles the vacuum gives you closer access to pesky corners.
Wide Cleaning Path: Instead of spending more time trying to make sure that you get rid of dust and dirt from everywhere, take advantage of the wide cleaning path from the Hoover Linx. The vacuum is designed to help you gather more dirt in half of the time.
Hoover WindTunnel Air
As one of the many units in the WindTunnel family, the Hoover WindTunnel Air gives you the power needed from a canister vacuum with the convenience of a stick vacuum.
- WindTunnel 3 Technology - creates three channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- Multi-Cyclonic- air passes through not one, but two cyclonic stages to filter dirt and debris from the air path for no loss of suction
- Steerable Technology- navigate smoothly around furniture, corners and other obstacles by simply twisting the handle in the direction you'd like to go
- 17 Foot Auto Cord Rewind
- Includes a Telescoping Extension Wand, 3 in 1 Tool and Hard Floor Brush
WindTunnel 3 Technology: In comparison to the WindTunnel technology, WindTunnel 3 gives you three different channels of suction to help remove dirt from surfaces. It allows you to agitate and bring dirt to the surface as well as suck it into the vacuum with ease.
Multi-Cyclonic Cleaning System: It’s not only important to make sure that dirt is filtered from the floor, but from the air as well. The multi-cyclonic cleaning system puts dirt through 2 cyclonic stages that filters debris from the floor and the air in your cleaning path as well.
Hoover Air Handheld Cordless
As a remarkable handheld vacuum, the Hoover Air Handheld Cordless features useful tools that are trademarked to the Hoover brand to give you an incredibly thorough clean.
- 20 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery - powerful performance without the hassle of a cord. Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Liters
- Fade-Free Battery Technology delivers fade-free power for the entire life of the battery
- Lightweight design weighs less than 4 lbs. so you can go from room-to-room with ease
- Powered Turbo Tool powerfully picks up hair on furniture and stairs
- Reusable Easy Rinse Filter can be cleaned under running water for long-lasting use
On-Board Cleaning Attachments: Typically you would think that the handheld unit itself is more than enough cleaning power, but with the Hoover Air Handheld Cordless you get the added benefit of an included powered turbo tool and crevice tool.
Interchangeable 20V LithiumLife Battery System: In the event that you own any other cordless Hoover cleaning tools that work with the LithiumLife Battery System, you can easily interchange the batteries when you’re ready to clean. This can be incredibly useful as you won’t have to rely on only one charged battery.
Comparing Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
To get a clearer understanding of the differences between Eureka and Hoover vacuums, we’ve compiled a collection of comparable features for each vacuum design.
|Eureka AS3030A Pet Upright||Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus|
|Weight||15.5 lb.||21.1 lb.|
|Cord Length||27’ retractable cord||27’ retractable cord|
|Filtration Type||High efficiency allergen filter||HEPA|
|Cleaning System||AirSpeed technology||WindTunnel technology|
|Included Attachments||Crevice tool, upholstery turbo nozzle, and dusting brush||Crevice tool, extension wand, upholstery/dusting brush, powered hand tool|
|Multi-Surface Cleaning||5-position height adjustment||5-position height adjustment|
|Eureka Quick-UP||Hoover Linx|
|Weight||5.2 lb.||10 lb.|
|Cleaning System||Standard||WindTunnel technology|
|Included Attachments||Included hand vacuum||N/A|
|Multi-Surface Cleaning||Auto-height adjustment|
|Eureka Mighty Mite||Hoover WindTunnel Air|
|Weight||11.9 lb.||13.2 lb.|
|Cord Length||20’||17’ retractable cord|
|Filtration Type||Triple filtration||Multi-cyclonic|
|Cleaning System||Standard||WindTunnel 3 technology|
|Included Attachments||Crevice tool, upholstery nozzle/dusting brush, carpet/barefloor nozzle, 2 extension wands||Extension wand, 3-in-1 tool, hard floor brush|
|Eureka EasyClean||Hoover Air Handheld Cordless|
|Weight||4.8 lb.||5.9 lb.|
|Included Attachments||Crevice tool, riser visor||Powered turbo tool, crevice tool|
Final Thoughts: Eureka vs Hoover, Which is Better
When trying to figure out which is better between Eureka vs Hoover, you’ll need to compare the features of each of their models. Overall, both companies seem to offer the same relative features, just with different trademarked named. Both companies also have a strong standing in the cleaning industry.
Depending on your personal preference and experience with either company, you’ll easily be able to select the perfect cleaning tool for your home.
People Also Viewed:
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Do You Need?
- Hoover Windtunnel 2 vs 3: What are the differences?
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
- Hoover Linx vs Shark Navigator Cordless
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner