Stick vacuums are incredibly useful as they give you the ability to tackle messes with ease. Instead of worrying about carrying a large upright vacuum, a stick vacuum is typically half of the weight and offers impeccable maneuverability. Also, depending on the models you choose, they’re easily adaptable for both plush and hard surfaces.
When you start browsing for the right stick vacuum for your home, you will want to consider the Hoover Linx vs Shark Navigator Cordless, as they’re two great models that will help to make cleaning easier. In this guide we have prepared the pros and cons of each model to make your purchasing decision simpler.
All About the Hoover Linx
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- EXTREME RECLINE HANDLE: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- EDGE CLEANING BRISTLES: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
Last update on 2022-11-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hoover Linx is a comprehensive vacuum that includes all of the basic features you’d expect from a stick vacuum, and then some. You’ll experience the benefit of a fade free battery, a wide cleaning path, an easy-to-empty dirt reservoir, and more.
Fade-Free Lithium Ion Battery:
When it comes to using cordless vacuums, you’ll want to make sure that you can get as much battery power as possible. Otherwise, you’ll find that you’ll lose suction halfway through your job. With the integration of the fade-free lithium ion battery, the Hoover Linx gives you the ability to tackle any job with superior suction the entire time. In fact, lithium ion is known to hold a charge for months at a time.
As a revolutionary cleaning system, WindTunnel technology is implemented in the majority of Hoover vacuums. WindTunnel technology helps to pull embedded dirt out of plush fibers and bring it to the surface, easily sucking the particles into the dirt reservoir. It essentially gives you the ability to achieve a deeper clean in comparison to other stick vacuums.
In order to maintain the integrity of the filters inside of the vacuum, cyclonic filtration is included with the Hoover Linx. This feature helps to separate particles from dirt in order to keep the filter cleaner for longer. Another added benefit of cyclonic filtration is that it filters harmful allergens out of the air as you vacuum.
The main feature that makes the Hoover Linx adaptable to any type of flooring is the powered brushroll that can be turned on and off. If you’re working on high pile carpet you’ll want to have the brushroll on as it helps to agitate dirt out of the carpet’s fibers. In the event that you’re vacuuming hard floors, you can turn the brushroll off for optimal suction.
Wide Cleaning Path:
There’s nothing more frustrating than having to set aside a chunk of time to get your vacuuming done, but with the help of the wide cleaning path with the Hoover Linx, cleaning will be done 2x faster than ever before. It’s wide cleaning head is designed to tackle more area in less time.
The Pros of the Hoover Linx
- Dealing with Pet Hair: If you’re the owner of a dog or a cat, this unit is designed to tackle all types of dirt and easily suctions pet hair.
- Easy to Assemble: Instead of having to worry about putting an abundance of pieces together, the Hoover Linx is easy to assemble out of the box.
- Lightweight: As expected, the vacuum is incredibly light which makes it easy to carry and maneuver.
The Cons of the Hoover Linx
- Battery Charging: When working with lithium ion batteries it is advised that you do not keep the battery in the charging dock after it has reached 100%, otherwise this could decrease the amount of cleaning time you get out of a fully charged battery.
- Brushroll Maintenance: In comparison to a traditional upright vacuum, human hair and threads easily get caught in the brushroll. Owners have noted they have had to regularly maintain the brushroll and remove caught items.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CORDLESS CONVENIENCE: Portable, powerful and versatile, at only 7.5 lbs..Voltage:10.8 volts. Wattage : 125 watts
- 2-SPEED BRUSHROLL: Optimized for both carpet and hard floors, and provides premium pet hair pickup throughout the home.
- XL DUST CUP CAPACITY: Easy-to-empty .64 quart dust cup for extended cleaning without interruption.
- PRECISION CHARGING: Charger doubles as storage block, and can charge in 4 hours.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Freestyle Cordless Vacuum & Precision Charger.
Last update on 2022-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Shark is known for their powerful machines that boast years of use as well as features that make cleaning easier and deeper. The Shark Navigator Cordless is no different, as it combines a variety of advancements designed specifically to help make your home cleaner than ever before.
If you’ve been searching for the right vacuum that offers an incredibly low body weight, the Shark Navigator Cordless is your best bet. The unit only ways 7.5 pounds, making it incredibly simple to bring up and down stairs. Also, the lighter the vacuum is, the easier it is to maneuver.
Advanced Swivel Steering:
When cleaning, you’ll want to make sure that you can get underneath furniture and around décor on the floor. With a traditional vacuum, it can be difficult to get the advanced swivel steering that is included with the Shark Navigator Cordless. You will easily be able to curve around furniture and other items on the floors in your home.
To help maximize the convenience of the unit, take advantage of the 2-speed brushroll. You will easily be able to adjust the vacuum to accommodate both plush and hard surfaces. The most notable aspect of the 2-speed brushroll is the fact that you don’t lose suction power transitioning from carpet to bare floors.
XL Capacity Dirt Reservoir:
Instead of having to worry about emptying the dirt reservoir at the end of every clean, the XL capacity unit will give you the ability to pick up as much dirt as necessary. This component is also washable and reusable, helping to improve the convenience of completing a thorough clean.
Top and Bottom Empty Dirt Reservoir:
Getting rid of collected dirt is simple with the help of the top and bottom empty dirt reservoir. You will have the ability to choose whether you want to remove the compartment and use the lever to empty everything directly into the trash or to pour it in.
- Long Lasting Battery Life: According to consumers, the battery life with the Shark Navigator Cordless is unlike any other stick vacuum on the market. A single charge can last for hours of intermittent use.
- Great Suction Power: Adding to the convenience of cleaning, this vacuum offers superior suction on both hardwood and carpet. It is phenomenal for dealing with pet and human hair.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: With the removable dirt reservoir, it’s easy to clean and maintain the vacuum. You’ll want to pay special attention to the brushroll to ensure debris doesn’t get caught in the roll.
- Regular Maintenance is Necessary: In order to ensure that the Shark Navigator Cordless works perfectly over the years, it is necessary to regularly maintain the unit. Otherwise you’ll experience a significant reduction in suction.
What to Look for in a Stick Vacuum
First and foremost, it’s important to consider the stock features that your stick vacuum should have, otherwise you won’t be able to experience the perfect level of cleanliness. Below are some important things to look for in a stick vacuum.
- Cleaning Versatility
It’s not only expensive, but also inconvenient to have to purchase different vacuums for the various types of flooring in your home. Most homes typically have a combination of hardwood, tile, and carpet.
With the right stick vacuum, you should be able to tackle dirt on all surfaces with either the help of a brushroll that can be turned on or off or adjustable height settings.
- Slim Design
The main purpose of a stick vacuum is to give you the ease and efficiency of cleaning your home and storing it afterwards. With a sleek and slim body, you’ll easily be able to put the stick vacuum away in a cleaning cupboard or even store it in the corner of a room without it being a distraction.
- Superior Suction
You never know what type of messes you’ll be dealing with on a daily basis, whether it’s an accumulation of pet hair or a pile of spilled cereal. Regardless, your chosen vacuum should be able to tackle any type of mess by giving you superior suction across a variety of surfaces.
The best stick vacuums clean up a mess the first time around, instead of forcing you to go over the same spots twice.
If you’re the type of home owner that suffers from allergies, or if you live with someone with allergies, it’s important to choose a stick vacuum that offers some type of air filtration. These units help to erase microscopic particles from collected dirt and push sanitized air back into your home.
Now that you’re aware of the benefits of both the Hoover Linx and the Shark Navigator Cordless, choosing the right stick vacuum will be simple. Both vacuum brands offer longevity, though customers noted that Shark vacuums have the tendency to offer more cleaning power with intermittent use.
As long as you choose a unit that fits comfortably within your budget and needs, you’ll easily be able to choose a stick vacuum.