Hoover Windtunnel 2 vs 3: What are the differences?
For home owners that have always been fans of Hoover vacuums, upgrading to the latest model is common. When it comes to trading in your existing Hoover WindTunnel 2 for the 3, you might be wondering what the differences are between the two. This guide will discuss the differences in performance, style, cleaning capabilities, and more when considering the Hoover WindTunnel 2 vs 3.
|IN A HURRY? QUICK JUMP TO THE PRODUCTS:|
All About the Hoover WindTunnel 2
- WindTunnel 2 Technology
In every unit, you’ll be able to experience the ease and efficiency of 2-channel suction. This technology is designed to lift debris from the deep fibers of your carpet and bring them to the surface. Then the unit will remove all of the surface debris to ensure that your floor is sufficiently cleaned.
- Dual-Cyclonic Air Stages
This is particularly important for home owners that deal with respiratory illnesses, as the dual-cyclonic air stages in the WindTunnel 2 are what set the unit apart from other vacuums. As air passes through the vacuum, there are 2 cyclonic stages that filter dirt and harmful debris. This helps to ensure that your home is cleaner than ever before, and without having to worry about a loss of suction.
- Adjustable Height
Depending on the type of flooring that you need to vacuum, you’ll appreciate the adjustable height feature where you can choose from 5 different height settings. This means you can easily pick up dirt from hard floors or carpeted floors.
- Automatic Cord Rewind
After you’re finished vacuuming it can be incredibly annoying to have to wind a cord up at the back of your unit. With the automatic cord rewind technology, the WindTunnel 2 will automatically retract the included 25’ cord in a matter of sections.
- Cleaning Attachments
With every unit, you’ll receive an 8-foot telescopic cleaning wand, a crevice tool for cracks and crevices, a turbo tool, and a dusting brush. The turbo tool is perfect for getting into the cracks of stairs and cleaning the surface of upholstery. With the dusting brush, you can easily get dirt and grime out of vents and décor around your home.
All About the Hoover WindTunnel 3
Rated as the best-cleaning bagless upright vacuum that you can purchase from Hoover, the WindTunnel 3 offers most of the same features as its predecessor, but with a few small adjustments that help to make cleaning better.
- Quick Pass Brush Roll
Have you ever used a vacuum that required you to go over the same spot multiple times in a row? The quick pass brush roll is the perfect addition to this Hoover model that allows you to do a quick pass over dirty areas without worrying about any dirt that is left behind. This technology can help you to get your entire property cleaned 2x faster.
- WindTunnel 3 Technology
In comparison to the WindTunnel 2, this unit offers 3 channels of suction. This is essential for home owners that have plush carpets, pets, high traffic areas, or messy children. The first channel will agitate dirt out of the deepest fibers of your carpet, the second channel then helps to bring each particle to the surface, only to be suctioned by the third channel. It’s the deepest and most efficient clean you’ll experience.
- Cord Length
The main purpose of the WindTunnel 3 was to make sure that cleaning would not only be easier but faster as well. This is why Hoover integrated a 40-foot cord that allows you to easily move from room to room without having to worry about unplugging your vacuum as you clean.
- Cleaning Attachments
The WindTunnel 3 includes most of the same cleaning attachments as the previous model, though with a few important upgrades. The original dusting tool was upgraded to pivot, allowing you to customize the way that you clean. The turbo tool has been upgraded to specialize in picking up pet hair and other types of debris that may find itself embedded in furniture. You will also receive the regular telescopic extension wand and crevice tool.
|Hoover WindTunnel 2||Hoover WindTunnel 3|
|Dimensions||14” x 13” x 44”||14” x 15.5” x 44”|
|Weight||17.4 lbs||18 lbs|
|Power Cord Length||25’||40’|
|Suction Technology||2-Channel Suction||3-Channel Suction|
|Brush Roll On/Off|
|Pet Hair Cleaning Attachment|
|Cyclonic Air Filtration||Dual (2)||Multi (13)|
|Height Adjustments||– 5||– 5|
Customer Reviews of the Hoover WindTunnel 2 vs 3
- Great Suction for Carpeted Areas: Customers love the fact that the integrated suction is perfect for penetrating plush carpeted areas to offer a thorough clean. The suction is also so powerful that it works well on hard floors.
- Phenomenal Value: For the price of the vacuum, users have noted that they didn’t expect the unit to be as powerful as it really is. Due to its price, they love the fact that they can get a deep clean without having to break the bank.
- Lightweight: Due to its great construction, the vacuum is lightweight in comparison to other vacuums on the market. This makes it easy to carry up and down stairs as well as maneuver around your home while cleaning.
- Easy to Assemble: Customers enjoyed the fact that all they had to use was a single screw to put the whole vacuum together, it essentially came ready to clean right out of the box.
- Small Dirt Reservoir: Unlike other upright vacuums, the WindTunnel 2 doesn’t offer a large dirt reservoir, which means you’ll be responsible for emptying the unit frequently.
- No Headlight: In comparison to the WindTunnel 3, users noted how it was more difficult to see dirt in dimly lit areas as a result of no headlight at the front of the unit.
- Short Telescopic Wand: Customers also were concerned about the length of the telescopic wand, as it doesn’t allow you to get into very tall areas without having to lift the vacuum while you clean.
- Great Suction: Customers have noted that the unit is phenomenal for picking up a variety of different types of dirt and is far better than other vacuums they’ve owned in the past. Customers with pets love how powerful the vacuum is as it helps to get rid of dander and hair embedded in deep-carpeted fibers.
- User-Friendly Design: Customers also love how easy the vacuum is to use as its easily maneuverable and there’s a power button directly on the handle. This is essential for people who don’t enjoy having to bend down to turn their vacuums on. They also noted that the unit was simple to put together out of the box.
- Useful Cleaning Attachments: The vacuum comes with the perfect amount of attachments to use for deep cleaning and everyday cleaning.
- Easy-Empty Dirt Canister: As the unit is bagless, customers enjoyed the fact that they could easily empty the dirt canister without having to worry about debris getting stuck in the dirt reservoir.
- Loud Operation: As with the majority of vacuums, you can expect a sufficient amount of noise while the unit is running. Though customers noted that the vacuum is rather loud when compared to other models.
- Lack of Cord Retraction: Unlike the WindTunnel 2, there isn’t an automatic cord retraction features which can make it difficult to wind up the 40’ power cord at the end of every clean.
- Belt Concerns: Home owners noticed that after using the vacuum for several weeks, the belt inside of the motor would begin to whine. This can be of concern, as a whining belt means that it could be prone to snapping which would require an extensive repair.
The Benefits of Upright Vacuums
Both the WindTunnel 2 and 3 are upright vacuum models, which tend to be the most traditional form of vacuums available on the market. There is an array of benefits associated with the overall design of upright units ranging from motorized brushes to their affordability.
Upright vacuums are incredibly inexpensive when compared to other vacuum cleaners such as canister vacuums and robot vacuums. Typically you won’t have to spend more than $200 on an upright model, which makes them the perfect cleaning tool for budget-conscious shoppers.
Another benefit you’ll experience from an upright vacuum is its ability to suction both fine and large particles on your flooring. This is because the motors installed in the units are typically stronger than what you would get in a stick or handheld vacuum. In fact, their power is what makes most home owners eager to purchase them instead of other competing designs.
In order to make your every day cleans easier and less time consuming, you’ll surely enjoy the cleaning attachments that are included with upright vacuums. In most cases, you’ll receive a crevice tool to get into hard-to-reach nooks and crannies, a telescopic cleaning wand, which is essential for getting to high areas such as the corners of ceilings, and an upholstery tool to help you vacuum furniture.
Upright vacuums are built to last, especially if you choose to go with renowned brands such as Hoover. They are constructed to be easy to maneuver around your home and easy to carry up a flight of stairs, though they are sturdy enough to be used for years. Many home owners find that once they put money into a single upright vacuum cleaner, they won’t have to purchase a new one for a long time.
Choosing Between Hoover WindTunnel 2 vs 3
Last update on 2019-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall, you’ll notice that the Hoover WindTunnel 3 offers practically the same features as the WindTunnel 2, with a few improvements to cleaning attachments, performance, and ease of use. If you are in the market for an affordable vacuum cleaner, the WindTunnel 3 is the best choice for a reasonable price and an insurmountable level of power. With its included cleaning attachments, advanced cyclonic technology, easy maneuverability, and sturdy construction, it’s a unit that is built to last.
People Also Viewed:
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Do You Need?
- Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
- Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
- Hoover Max Extract 60 vs 77
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner