Whether you have a lightweight or robust Shark vacuum cleaner at your office or home, you understand how effective and powerful this cleaner can be. It has a large cleaning capacity and has never lost suction, and this is advantageous for cleaning bare floors and deep carpet. Designed with an extra long wand and hose, it is versatile when it comes to cleaning upholstery. To ensure that you have a perfect everyday cleaning and that your vacuum last long you should have both the vacuum and filters cleaned regularly.
This outline explores the different ways to clean a Shark Rocket vacuum.
Cleaning Your Shark Rocket Vacuum Cleaner
If you choose not to clean your Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner on a regular basis chances are that there will be unpleasant, dirty odour. The cleaner will also sound weird like its grasping for air, and it will ultimately lose suction. When cleaning your vacuum, some of the things that shouldn’t be overlooked include the rotating brush, canister and filters.
1. Cleaning Rotating Brush
When cleaning the rotating brush, you should begin by unplugging the vacuum and lay it on the floor so that you can have a good look at the brush. It is advisable that you place a towel or bag underneath to collect any dirt or debris that you are about to release. The strings of hair tend to get wrapped around the brush, and it’s advisable that you a pair of scissors to cut whatever wound itself around the brush so that it’s easier to remove. You may be required to tug and pull, but it will ultimately come off.
2. Cleaning Canister
The suction on the Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner is incredible. You will be collecting a lot of hair, food, dust and dirt and although the canister is a good size, it always fills up fast. The more the air that circulates inside the canister, the better, so if you realize that your canister is half full you should empty it into the trash. Although you will be emptying the canister on a regular basis, you should do more than that at least once every month.
You should open both ends if your model has that feature then wash it with soap and water. If you have a large sink fill it with warm soapy water, then use a long-handled bottle to get into the crevices. The canister doesn’t have any electrical connections so you shouldn’t be worried about submerging it in water. Once it’s cleaned and rinsed, you should place it outdoors to air.
- Converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Extra tools allows you to reach tight spaces, tackle pet hair and much more for a whole-home clean
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet cleaning
- Hang the handheld vacuum from the hook on the bottom of the wand for convenient storage
- Swivel steering for excellent control and to maneuver around furniture. Cleaning path width (inch): 8.5
Last update on 2021-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
3. Cleaning Your Filter
There is nothing complicated when it comes to cleaning your filter, and it’s something that you can easily do. Here are the steps you can use to clean your vacuum filters
Step 1: Remove The Plastic Filter
When cleaning your vacuum filter, you should start by removing the Shark filter from the vacuum cleaner. It is impossible to clean your filter if you have them installed in the cleaner. Once this is done, remove the filter system from the cleaner by opening the top of the dirt container.
Step 2: Clear The Dirt And Dust Particles
You should then tap on the side of the filter to clear and dump the remaining dust and dirt particles from inside the filter system. You shouldn’t do this too hard since the filter is sensitive and you might end up damaging it. Ensure that there are no dust or dirt particles before moving to the next step.
- No loss of suction. To clean bare floors, area rugs, or with accessories-slide the power switch to setting l, bare floor, small area rugs. Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. To clean carpets-slide the power switch to setting ll, High Pile Carpets. Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin quickly in this mode
- Powerful 2 in 1 vacuum deep cleans your carpets and hardwood floors
- Perfect for quick pickups; Cord length: 25 feet
- Designed to clean everywhere with the included attachments; Rinse both with tap water until the water runs clean, then air dry completely and insert back into your vacuum
- Included attachments: Handheld vacuum, motorized floor nozzle, wand, duster crevice tool, pet multi tool
Last update on 2021-09-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Step 3: Wash The Filter Under Running Water
After dusting your filter, you should use running water to clean the plastic filter. The reason for doing this is to ensure that the filter is clean before using it again. If you want to know whether your filter is clean, the water coming out of it should be clean.
Step 4: Dry Before Installing Again
Something you would want to avoid is installing a filter that hasn’t properly dried. Although it might appear completely clean and dry, a little moisture can be a safety hazard. Therefore, you should have a different filter installed if you are certain that it is not properly dry.
- The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal.
- Thorough deep-carpet cleaning, and powerful suction to pick up debris from hard floors
- Equipped with an extra-large dust cup to give you the capacity to take on extended cleaning jobs without emptying debris
- With the touch of a button, this vacuum cleaner transforms into a lightweight, portable handheld vacuum to take your cleaning above the floor—on furniture, stairs, and more
- Advanced swivel steering for excellent control. Material:Durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components
Last update on 2021-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There is no doubt that the Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner is a great addition to your home cleaning needs. Although it hardly loses its suction, it’s important that all the vacuum is always clean especially the filters. If you follow the steps on how to clean your vacuum and filters, you will see changes in the cleaning and suction power from the beginning.
1. Are shark rocket filters washable?
Yes, you can wash your Shark Rocket. Just make sure that they are well dried.
2. Can you wash the shark rocket dust cup?
Yes. It can be washed with soap water. Remember to let it dry well before returning it into the machine.
3. How do you remove the brush from a shark rocket vacuum?
Removing the brush from a shark rocket vacuum is usually not necessary and it is not advisable.
4. How to clean shark rocket filter?
Here’s a step by step on cleaning a shark rocket filter:
- open the top latch of the Rocket Shark vacuum cleaner.
- Pull out the foam and felt filters.
- Wash them in soap and water.
- Rinse them out completely.
- Let them air dry for 2 days.
- Replace Them. (Felt filter first then foam filter).
5. How to clean Shark Rocket vacuum roller brush?
Here’s a step by step on cleaning a shark rocket vacuum roller brush:
- Turn the head upside down
- Unscrew the three locks with a coin or screwdriver and remove the guard plate.
- Wash the guard plate with soap and water then leave it to dry.
- Look for the scissor guide groove on the brush roll.
- Trim the loose brush by sliding a pair of scissors along the scissor guide groove.
- Pull out the loose hair.
- Return the unscrewed plate and screw it up.