There’s no denying that marble floors are a wonderful investment however, keeping them clean and dry is key to preventing them from losing their integrity. In this article, we will look at how to clean grout on marble floor surfaces.
Since these floors can be a massive investment for some people, taking care of them with checks and maintenance goes a long way. Below is a step-by-step guide you can follow to keep your marble floor looking immaculate and grout-free
How to clean grout on marble floor – Step by step
1. Tape the side of the marble floor
You should never start cleaning your marble floor without tapping the side. Many cleaning professionals and DIYers do this so that the cleaning products don’t come into contact with the marble floor when the grout is being cleaned. After tapping the floor successfully, it is time to move on to step two.
2. Use a Bristle brush
Using a bristle brush is the second step in your cleaning process. If you don’t have a bristle brush, you can buy one easily online or in your local store. When you have this toothbrush in your possession, dip it in water, and put a small amount of baking soda on its bristles. When you mix baking soda and warm water, you will create a paste that acts the same way toothpaste does.
- ✅【6 Pole Adjustable Long Handle+2 Scrub Brush Head】There are 2 Pack floor brush provided. The floor scrub brush handle length can be adjusted from 15.6" to 33" and 47" or even longer. You can adjust the floor brush handle according to your clean task; Save your knee and back. The floor scrub brush head can also be used separately, very convenient
- ✅【Effective, Easy and Save Effort】Brush + scraper 2 in 1 design floor scrub brush with stiff bristle + rubber squeegee; Strong cleaning ability; Brush + scrape steps to easily remove the stain, stubborn grime, dirty water, and dust; Improve effectiveness when you doing housework
- ✅【Versatile Floor Scrub Brush】You can use it as a floor brush or a push broom for outdoor. Wet and dry applied. The floor scrub brush will not only be used for hard floor, tiles, bathtub, swimming pool, kitchen, carpet, but also works well on balcony deck, patio, garage, sidewalk, stadium, and other outdoor occasions
- ✅【Sturdy and Easy to Maintain】The floor scrub brush is made of high-quality PVC bristle, rubber squeegee, and stainless steel handle. You can use the floor brush for years, no bent or deformed. There is a hanging hole on the top of the handle, the scrub brushes can be stored on the bathroom wall. Space-saving design and handy to use for next time
- ✅【11" Upgrade Brush Head and 45 Degrees Fixed】 45 degrees ergonomic angled design between the brush head and handle, which can help you reach corners and crack easily. The fixed brush will not loose when you cleaning; The brush head measures about 11". Upgrade lengthens brush head will cover more area once; Saving more time.
Last update on 2022-09-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the baking soda on it, gently scrub the grout that is found in between your marble floor tiles going back and forth. Do your best to not brush the baking soda into the floor tiles since the acid found in this product can leave stains or damage your floor.
After any discoloration, debris, dust particles, and dirt have all been removed and are not visible anymore, you can rinse the floor. This needs to be done with warm water and then you need to grab a clean cloth to dry the floor quicker.
What is the easiest way to clean floor tile grout?
The easiest way you can clean floor tile grout is to first remove any dirt on the surface with hot water and a towel. After all the surface is gone, mix 1 teaspoon of dish soap, ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide, and ½ a cup of baking soda together.
No products found.
When everything has mixed properly, begin spoon cleaning the solution onto the grout and leave it for 5-10 minutes. The next step is to grab a brush and scrub the grout lines until no dirt is visible then wipe clean with a soft towel or cloth.
How to remove stains from marble shower floor
To remove stains from your marble floor, you need to mix an all-purpose cleaner you can buy in the shop or online with 2 and a half cups of water in an empty spray bottle. The second thing you do is spray the cleaning solution on the shower walls and floor.
After leaving the solution on the floor for a few minutes, begin scrubbing and then rinse with clean water. The next step after that is to let the floor dry and then polish it with a cloth to not only remove any excess stains but make the floor shine as well.
How do you keep marble floors clean and shiny?
There are a few simple things you can do to keep your marble floor clean and shiny. You need to clean up any spills as soon as they happen, this will keep your floor healthy for a long time. Other tips include regular dusting. Using marble sealers, using a sponge or soft cloth when cleaning, and lastly, polishing the floor is something that shouldn’t be forgotten.
Best grout cleaner for marble floors
There are plenty of white grout cleaners sold out there but not all of them can clean marble floors. The product below is one of a few grout cleaners that will leave your floor grout-free after use.
This marble cleaner can be used on Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Granite, Slate, Ceramic & Porcelain tile.
- SAFE, for Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Granite, Slate, Ceramic & Porcelain tile.
- STREAK- FREE CLEAN EVERY TIME! No-rinse Hypoallergenic formula.
- VERY CONCENTRATED use only 2-4 oz. per gallon of water.
- THE ONLY PRODUCT YOU WILL NEED to keep all of your hard surface flooring looking great!
- IS SAFE AROUND CHILDREN AND PETS. Eco-friendly and biodegradable.
Last update on 2022-09-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Does vinegar harm marble?
Vinegar is a great cleaning product to use on other floor surfaces however when it comes to marble, it is not a good idea to use it on there since it is acidic and will cause damage.
2. Is baking soda safe on marble?
You can use baking soda on your marble floor however, it needs to be used with caution or every other day and not every day. Using too much or regularly can cause your floor to start wearing off.
3. Can you use hydrogen peroxide on marble?
If you have a light-colored marble floor, you can use hydrogen peroxide. It is a good way to prevent stains but if your entire floor has a darker tone, you shouldn’t use this product on it.
4. Are steam cleaners good for cleaning grout?
Steam cleaners are very useful when it comes to cleaning grout on floors, especially grout lines. Using heat to get rid of grout has proven to be one of the most cleaning methods one can use. If you have a steamer at home or can afford one, use it on your floor.
5. Can grout cleaner damage tiles?
Some grout cleaners sold on the market can damage your tiles. You need to conduct research and pick a cleaner that is suitable for your floor to prevent disastrous results. This is because not all floor cleaners will work on all types of floors.
6. How do you polish marble floors?
To polish marble floors properly, you need to mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 quart of water. Wipe the surface with a cloth, leave it for 5 hours and you should have a shiny-looking marble floor.
Wrapping Up on cleaning grout on marble floor
Just like many other floors, when without proper care, marble can become damaged, stained, scratched, and dirty. The how to clean ground on marble floor tips highlighted in this article ensure this doesn’t happen and you have an excellent-looking floor at all times.
You need to clean, wipe and polish your floor regularly so that it keeps its natural shine. Having a marble floor with grout can be embarrassing especially if you have company over.
People Also Like: