If you have to maintain your pet dog, you should know how to remove dog urine odor from tile floors of your house. Removing any odor helps keep off any discomfort and the shame of being called “dirty.” Your family and friends want to have a good time over there, and a dog urine odor is the last thing they want to experience.
There are many ways to remove dog urine odor- don’t confuse that with cleaning dog urine. You can clean urine from the tile floor, but that might leave behind some awful smell. You have to, incorporate the most effective cleaning method to take the odor out. Dog urine has a high concentration of ammonia that sticks on the tiles leaving behind the bad smell.
What are the best cleaning detergents to use?
There are countless cleaning agents, but not all make up good options. While you can be thinking of using water, alone it cannot prove any worth. What are the best detergents to use and how effective are they? Do you need cleaners that are capable of breaking the urine components?
There are special cleaners mostly found in pet joints and stores. Many of them are natural enzyme-based detergents. However, ammonia-based cleansers should never apply since most of then bring back the urine odor.
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Last update on 2023-04-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Vinegar is one of the best natural detergents to use. Since vinegar breaks down the urine and dissolves the smell, it is one of the most preferred cleaning agents to use. However, vinegar is the one that will offer a fantastic cleaning solution.
Steps of Removing Dog Urine Odor from Tile Floors
If you want to have your tiles free from dog urine odor, there is a process that will work magic for you. Not to mention, you need to approach this activity in a precise way. You can clean in a way that can worsen the situation by spreading the odor all over the entire room.
Make sure you have the following things;
- White vinegar
- Paper towels
- Clean sponge or mop
- Clean water
Look at this procedure before;
- Identify the urine spot and place the paper towels on it. These paper towels are the ones going to absorb the urine.
- Using the hand glove’s ball, press the paper towels to soak the dog urine efficiently. It is advisable to repeat this process using clean paper towels numerous times to remove all urine efficiently.
- Mix white vinegar with water to come up with the cleaning mixture. Pour this mixture on the spot and wait for up to 10 minutes. This time duration is sufficient to neutralize the urine odor.
- Now take a sponge mop and mop the mixture after which you will rinse comprehensively with a lot of clean water. This process doesn’t leave behind any odor and is the most efficient to use in your home.
After you have finished this process, don’t discard the paper towels in the kitchen bin as they might stink. Instead, discard them far outside at the trash. Remember to wash the mop with vinegar and water so that the cleaned residue won’t stick on it!
Money doesn’t grow on trees, and you will save as much by using the simple tools at your disposal.
Why use vinegar for cleaning?
Many people still don’t know how to go about it when it comes to how to remove dog urine odor from tile floors. One might overlook vinegar, but it is one of the most effective yet very cheap cleaning agents available. It can be made at home or commercially bought, and be sure it works magic.
1. It’s affordable and locally accessible.
You don’t have to exhaust all your wallets- vinegar is very cheap, and you need just a little of it. You can make yours at home or purchase at the nearest shop.
2. It is the best neutralizer
The dog urine is made of ammonia, a highly acidic substance. Vinegar, being acidic, neutralize the urine as well as the water. The lousy odor washes away, and this will spare you a let-down if your folks pop in.
3. Vinegar cleans the entire urine spot
Using vinegar ensures that your floor won’t have several urine stains and it cleans entirely. Some tile colors may be sensitive to staining, and vinegar comes in for you.
Your cute little poodle will keep peeing on your tiles, and the smell won’t hesitate to spread your house like fire on dry grass. Removing dog urine odor has never been this easy, and you need to follow the above steps. However if not well executed, this process may yield terrible results.
Here are things that you should never do when removing dog urine odor from your tile floor;
- Don’t mop the floor with water. Moping with water will be the same as spreading the urine odor to other parts of the house. If you do this, it will be hard to clean the entire house efficiently.
- Leave urine on the tile floor for some time. The more you procrastinate, the more, the faster the house is becoming pungent. It is therefore advisable to do away with the odor as soon as possible before the house gets messy.
- Use an air freshener. “Air freshener” might sound good, but it’s no better. It will just create a fresh flowery scent that will fade away fast leaving your dog’s puddle as bright as ever. Never think this way!
The above is just a simple process on how to remove dog urine odor from tile floors. I recommend this method as it saves you time and resources. This simple process will make you discover how easy it easy getting over your pet’s mess.