Woodworking projects – like cabinets – are often used for storing odorous objects. If such things are stored for a long time, wood can absorb the smell from them. This can become an issue when the wooden cabinet needs to be used for other purposes, yet the odor from previous contents doesn’t go away. So what can you do to remove the smell from wood? Continue reading as we’ll provide detailed instructions on how to remove odor from wood cabinets.
How to Get Smells Out Of Wood Cabinets – Instructions
· Air the Cabinet Out
Airing out the wooden cabinet can help remove the odor. Open the doors of the cabinet and remove everything stored there. If the cabinet is located in the kitchen and the smell is cooking-related, you should open windows of the kitchen to air out the room as well. Turn on the ceiling fan too to promote airflow. You can also use a box fan to remove odor from inside of the wood cabinet. If the smell is musty, place a dehumidifier in the room to pull out excess moisture from the air.
· Use Charcoal and Newspaper
Another idea is to use a newspaper and charcoal as both are excellent odor absorbers. Wad up a significant amount of newspaper and fill the cabinet with charcoal briquettes and newspaper wads. Leave them in the cabinet for a week before replacing them with new newspaper and charcoal. The smell should be gone after a few weeks.
- EFFECTIVELY ODOR ABSORBER: Our activated bamboo charcoal carbon adsorption capacity is three times than ordinary carbon, as we added a secondary high-temperature activation process , makes bamboo charcoal bags have high specific surface area and activity to quickly eliminate the odor and excess moisture. Charcoal odor eliminator truly absorb bad odors naturally not covering the odor with additives
- WORKS FAST BY MORE CHARCOAL AIR PURIFYING BAG: According to the degree of smell, the amount of air freshener bags can be appropriately increased to speed up the adsorption rate and quickly eliminate odor and smoke. For example, the adsorption rate of 200 grams activated bamboo charcoal is four times faster than 50 grams. We have different packs of air purifying bags to meet all your needs for purifying
- MULTI SIZE FIT ALL SPACE: We have three sizes of nature fresh air purifier bags can conveniently put in the place where the odor is and comprehensively remove the odor problem in your life. Perfect as shoe odor eliminator, car air purifier and basement odor eliminator. Meanwhile, the air purifying bag stop odor and damp by absorbing excess moisture, convenient natural odor eliminator for daily use to maintain a fresh environment
- DISPERSED ALL OVER FOR FULL FRESH AIR: Charcoal air freshener has an adsorption circle around itself, and the adsorption capacity will decrease by distance. So place charcoal bags in different directions can expand the nature adsorption range in large space and achieve rapid purification. Perfect as pet odor eliminator, basement odor eliminator, smoke odor eliminator. We recommend at least 2-4 packs of 150g or 200g bamboo odor remover bags to eliminate odor in the cars, closet, bathrooms, etc
- NATURAL AIR PURIFIER&GUARANTEE: Bamboo activated charcoal is natural deodorant without fragrance, very healthy for cats, dog and baby. They are with nature flax packing are breathable will long-last up to 2 years, just reactivate them under the sunlight for 2 hours every month and they will work like new again. We are confident with our premium bamboo bags and offer 30 days no question asked money-back guarantee if you were not satisfied with the best odor eliminator bulk
- Savor Superior Air – Breathe deeply and relish in clean air filtered by House Edition! With a higher absorption rate than other brands’ charcoal bags, our bamboo charcoal effectively traps odors, moisture, and more for noticeably fresh air!
- Pure materials, Pure Benefits – Keep your kids and pets safe by replacing your air fresheners with a charcoal air purifying bag! Cotton linen bags and odorless bamboo ensure healthy air for you, your little ones, and your furry friends.
- Stylish and Functional – Your activated charcoal odor absorber does the work and looks good doing it! Each air purifying bag seamlessly blends with your home or car’s aesthetic thanks to its elegant grey-green color and stylish company logo, designed with love in New York!
- 4x The Freshness – Get a breath of fresh air, wherever you need it, with your hangable charcoal bag set. Each 200g odor absorber filters up to 90 square ft. And with 4 charcoal air purifier bags, you have 4 times the benefits! From your purse to the fridge, enjoy freshness everywhere!
- Clean Air for Years – Revel in a charcoal odor absorber that always works like new. At least once a month, set your charcoal air freshener under direct UV sun rays for 2 hours to rejuvenate the charcoal pieces’ filtering capabilities and enjoy optimal performance for years to come!
Last update on 2023-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
· Wash the Surface
Washing the wood cabinets inside and out with a sponge dipped in soapy water, using mild dish soap as the cleaning agent, can also help remove the odor. Keep the sponge damp – not soaking wet –, then follow with another damp cloth. Dry the cabinets using a towel and allow them to dry naturally with the drawers open. This will also help remove any residue from spilled materials inside the cabinet.
· Use Vinegar and Olive Oil
Create a solution of 24-parts white vinegar and 1-part olive oil in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle vigorously and then spray this solution into your wood cabinets. This mixture will help eliminate the pungent odors from your cabinets.
· Try Baking Soda
If the methods listed above don’t solve the problem, try other absorbent items like baking soda or coffee grounds. Make a paste of water and baking soda. Apply it in the wood cabinet, allowing it to sit for a few hours. If the cabinet is small enough to fit inside a plastic locking bag, place it into the bag with a container of baking soda to absorb odor. Leave the cabinet in the bag for two days before opening the bag up and taking a whiff to see if the smell is gone. If the odor remains, repeat the process until the smell is completely gone.
Q.1) How to remove mildew smell from wood cabinets?
- White Vinegar
Fill white vinegar in a bucket and dip a soft, clean cloth in it. Use this cloth to wipe down your wooden cabinet. Vinegar is a natural deodorizer and mold-killer, so it should help remove mildew smell from wood.
- Natural Sunlight
If your wood cabinet smells like mold, leave it in the natural sunlight to dry. This should help remove the mildew smell from the cabinet.
Put bleach in a spray bottle and sprinkle the entire cabinet inside out. Then leave your cabinet in the sunshine to dry. This would help eliminate musty odors.
- Wipe and Clean
To eliminate the mildew smell, you can try cleaning the inside of the wood cabinets and all surfaces with a sponge dampened with any anti-fungal detergent. Then let the cabinet dry in a well-ventilated area.
Q.2) What to do if the odor doesn’t go away?
If you can’t remove odor from a wood cabinet using the techniques provided, you might want to eliminate the issue by sealing the smell into the wood. A couple of coats of de-waxed shellac should do the trick. Shellac is an excellent sealant, but it isn’t waterproof. So, make sure that the cabinet isn’t exposed to moisture. After a week or two, the odor should be completely gone.
Q.3) Can I use commercial cleaners to remove odor from wood?
- ADVANCED & PATENTED MULTIPURPOSE FORMULA: We continue to utilize safer, superior, and more advanced odor removal technologies available to provide our customers with the best products. With just a little splash of ZORBX odor eliminating products, you will be able to tackle all kinds of odors like professionals no matter how strong they are.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Non-toxic ingredients derived from natural resources. Safer for people, pets, and the planet. Our unscented odor-eliminating formula will help eliminate foul and funky odors without harming you, your pet, or the planet. Our ZORBX odor eliminating formula will make your surroundings and furry friends smell clean and fresh!
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY ODOR REMOVER SPRAY (2 OZ): The compact-sized odor remover spray bottle (2 Oz) can easily be carried anywhere in your purse or handbag. It can be kept in your car, gym locker, or office to instantly get rid of bad odors. So, do not let foul smells kill your joy of traveling with ZORBX mini odor remover spray - A handy bottle of freshness.
- ODOR REMOVER SOLUTION FOR REFILLING PURPOSES: Our bundle also includes a large spray bottle of odor remover solution (32 Oz) for refilling purposes. Whenever you run out of odor-eliminating solutions in the smaller spray bottles, you can refill them easily. With this bundle, you will not run out of odor-removing solutions anytime soon — the perfect bundle for fighting all kinds of odors.
- WHY BUY OUR BUNDLE? You must be wondering why you buy the same product in different quantities and pay double. Our bundle has three fast-acting odor remover sprays in different quantities to help you breathe fresh air wherever you go. Whether it's your foul-smelling house, stinky gym equipment, or a smelly public restroom, you will have an odor remover spray with you to meet your different needs!
- DESIGNED FOR HARD SURFACES - Simple Solution Hardfloor Pet Stain and Odor Remover is formulated for pet urine, feces, and other common messes on sealed hardwood floors, stone floors, linoleum, vinyl, brick, concrete, marble and ceramic tile
- DUAL ACTION FORMULA- Eliminates Pet Stains and Odors on Hard Surfaces , while helping to prevent repeat marking
- SPECIFICALLY FOR PET STAINS - Specifically developed to remove dog and cat stains and odors like urine, feces, vomit, and other common pet messes on both new and old problem areas
- VERSATILE CLEANING - Our patented 3-in-1 nozzle sprayer gives you more options to tackle stains and odor: stream, foam, or mist
Last update on 2023-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Yes, there are several commercial cleaners available in the market (like above) – that can be used for removing odors from wood. For example, pet odors are very difficult to remove from wood. Commercial cleaners designed for this propose a good choice for pet odor. Cleaners are also effective against smoke odors.
We have provided detailed instructions on how to remove odor from wood cabinets. So if you have smelly cabinets and you want to remove pungent odor from them, use the methods we have listed above, and you should be able to get rid of the smell. The methods provided here are safe so you won’t have to worry about your wood cabinets getting damaged.
We have answered a few common questions people have about removing odors from wood cabinets, but if you have any other query, feel free to comment. We’ll be happy to address your concerns to help you out.