There’s nothing better than being able to take a shower without having to worry about using a dirty bathroom. The majority of home owners want to rely on chemical cleaners to get rid of traces of mold and caked on dirt, but overusing these products can damage your countertops, toilets, and even the tiles in your shower.
If you’re looking for a safe and trusted method to thoroughly sanitize the room, it’s important to learn how to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom and shower walls. A steam cleaner is far more cost effective than cleaning solutions and it will get rid of the need for harsh chemicals.
The Benefits of Using a Steam Cleaner
Before you make the decision to purchase your own steam cleaner, you’ll want to understand the benefits associated with switching from traditional household cleaners.
- Thorough Cleans: The most important part of cleaning is to make sure you’re getting through even the toughest types of dirt. Steam cleaning is incredibly thorough as it allows the steam to get into the pores of various surfaces. In the bathroom, the majority of dirt is either wet or sticky and with the help of heated water vapor, it breaks down the adhesive components of grime to make it much easier to wipe away.
- Natural Sanitization: Even if you’re not the type of person to care too much about the environment, steam cleaning is 100% natural and is safer for the people in your home. It will kill viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and even dust mites without needing any type of chemical or synthetic formulas. This makes it perfect for households with children and pets, as you won’t need to have cleaning chemicals lying around the house.
- Natural Deodorization: Since steam is so effective at getting rid of bacteria, mold, and dust, it also helps to work against all of the microbes that are responsible for bad odors. Again, there’s no need for any type of cleaning solution, as the water will kill all traces of odor-causing bacteria.
- Non-Toxic: Not only do steam cleaners get rid of your need for toxic chemical cleaners, but they also help to make sure that there isn’t any harmful residue left on surfaces. You’ll have a cleaner and safer home for everyone in your household.
- Easy-to-Use: Instead of having to read the labels on cleaning solutions to figure out what can be used on certain surfaces, steam cleaners are multi purpose tools. You can easily transition from cleaning your toilet seat to cleaning the tiles in your shower. The units themselves are also incredibly simple to use.
- High-pressure Steam cleaner with easy-to-press trigger delivers powerful steam on demand
- 100% chemical free with no harmful fumes or residue
- Includes accessory nozzle, flat scraping tool, grout brush, angle concentrator, 3 color coded round brushes, measuring cup
- The heater warms up in 30 seconds
- Tank capacity - 6. 6 oz.
Last update on 2021-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Use a Steam Cleaner in the Bathroom
Now that you’re aware of the benefits associated with using a steam cleaner, it’s time to learn how you can use one in the most important room in your house: the bathroom. This step-by-step guide will give you the ins and outs of using steam for cleaning, so you can begin to live a cleaner and healthier lifestyle.
Step 1: Preparing the Surfaces
The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure that you remove all traces of personal effects from your countertops and any other surface that you’ll be working on. Otherwise, the steam could damage bottles of perfume, deodorant, etc. Once all of the surfaces are cleared, you can move onto step 2.
Step 2: Preparing and Starting the Steam Cleaner
First, you’re going to want to take water and add it to the reservoir tank of the steam cleaner (preferably distilled). You’ll then want to plug the unit into the wall so it can start heating up. The majority of steam cleaners only need a few seconds to start up, as you’ll want to make sure that the water is hot enough to turn into a vapor once you start cleaning.
Step 3: Loosening Scum and Grime
Once you notice that the steam cleaner is ready, gently run the nozzle about 1-2 inches above the surfaces that you want to disinfect. The closer the nozzle is to the surface, the deeper the clean will be. Ideally, you’ll want to make sure that you get as close as possible as it will give you the hottest vapor to destroy germs and bacteria. Continue to move the nozzle along all of the surfaces until everything appears wet.
Step 4: Wiping Away Dirt and Grime
Now that all of the dirt and grime has been loosened with the help of the steam, it’s time to wipe the surfaces clean and to make sure they are dried. For this step, it’s recommended that you use a soft microfiber cloth. All you will have to do is quickly wipe down the wet surfaces to help remove the leftover debris.
If you notice any caked on spots of dirt, you can always spot treat those areas with the steam cleaner again until the residue has been lifted and is able to be easily wiped away.
Taking advantage of a steam cleaner for your bathroom is easier than most people think, especially when all you have to do is steam clean and wipe everything dry.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Using a Steam Cleaner for Shower Walls
The next important part of your bathroom that you should pay special attention to is your shower. It’s just so easy for mold and bacteria to grow in areas that you think are clean, but are really the perfect breeding ground for harmful things.
Cleaning your shower with a steam cleaner is just as easy as cleaning the other parts of your bathroom.
Step 1: Preparing the Shower
Similar to how you prepared your counters and other surfaces, it’s important that you remove any shampoo and conditioner bottles, body wash, and soap. Make sure that all cracks and crevices are exposed so they can be thoroughly cleaned as well.
Step 2: Using a Bristle Attachment
If your steam cleaner came with cleaning tools, it’s always a great idea to first take advantage of the bristle attachment. It will give you the ability to focus on scrubbing grout, getting rid of hard to reach mold and to even remove caked on soap from previous showers.
While using the bristle attachment, make sure that you gently scrub away any signs of dirt and grime. If you scrub too hard it could damage your tiles and too gently won’t give you a thorough clean. Pay special attention to any cracks and corners where mold could grow the easiest.
Step 3: Use the Regular Nozzle
Once you’ve had the ability to scrub away any excess dirt, it can always be beneficial to go over the shower a second time with the regular steam nozzle. This just gives you a deeper clean, just in case you missed any spots the first time.
Step 4: Wiping and Drying the Tiles
The final step to cleaning your shower is to make sure that you wipe the tiles dry. Depending on your personal preference you can either use a soft cloth or a squeegee.
A soft cloth can be time-consuming, especially if you have many hard to reach areas that are still wet. But with a squeegee, you can dry the walls and shower doors with ease. If you notice there are squeegee marks left behind, feel free to use the soft cloth to buff them away for the perfect shine.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY — Designed for ease of use with a 15-foot power cord with integrated cord wrap, wheels, carrying handle, and a 6. 5-foot hose that provides added reach for those hard to get to places
- 15 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including mop pads, utility brushes, jet nozzle, squeegee, scrub tools, fill cup, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Learning how to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom and shower walls is a phenomenal idea that will keep the room smelling fresh and looking its best. Instead of relying on traditional cleaners that can be harmful to the environment, to pets, and to children, all you’ll need is water.