Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
When it comes time to buy a new vacuum for your home, you’re going to need to compare different brands to make sure you’re buying the right one. Both Bissell and Hoover are renowned names in the cleaning world and they have an array of vacuums to choose from. This guide will help you to figure out whether Bissell or Hoover vacuums are better.
All About Bissell Vacuums
Each Bissell unit is different as some have different features when compared to others. We’ve selected the top 3 most popular Bissell vacuums that offer the most features and for an affordable cost.
Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long-lasting, powerful suction
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi-Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter.Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps.Hose Length:6 inch.Brush System:Rotating Clear Window
- Multi-Cyclonic Cleaning: One of the most interesting advantages of this Bissell unit is that it offers multi-cyclonic cleaning, which helps to agitate dirt out of the deepest fibers of your flooring and bring it to the surface to be suctioned into the reservoir. It helps to offer a stronger level of suction and also helps to protect the integrity of your filter so you don’t have to replace them as often. With the multi-cyclonic clean, dirt and debris will be separated inside of the unit.
- OnePass Technology: Another interesting feature of the Bissell 9595A is that it has OnePass Technology that was developed by Bissell to ensure that every clean is easier than the last. You won’t have to worry about vacuuming over the same spot twice, as the unit will suction all of the dirt the first time, even in high traffic areas.
- Included Cleaning Attachments: Along with the “easy empty dirt reservoir”, this Bissell vacuum comes with a crevice tool, dusting brush, extension wand, and TurboBrush.
Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum
- Bagless Convenience: Cyclonic action and powerful suction provides thorough cleaning. Plus, no more bags to buy or change EVER. Hose Length : 4 feet 8 inches
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch and power cord length-15 feet
- Three-Stage Filtration: Dirt cup filters and post-motor filter help to capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and re-usable
- Includes: Easy Empty Dirt Cup, Combination Crevice Tool/Dusting Brush, Automatic Cord Rewind, Air Flow Regulator
- Bagless Operation: As with the majority of modern vacuums, you won’t have to worry about dealing with vacuum bags ever again. Bissell vacuums are known for their “easy empty” dirt reservoirs that enable you to quickly remove the dirt from your vacuum and continue cleaning within a matter of minutes.
- Ergonomic Design: Another benefit from the Bissell Zing is its compact and ergonomic design. Instead of having to worry about carrying an incredibly large unit around your home, this easily maneuverable canister vacuum is perfect for cleaning large areas and stairs.
- Variable Suction Control: In the event that you need to clean a variety of surfaces ranging from your floors to your curtains, the variable suction control allows you to customize the settings so you don’t suck lightweight items into the brush roll of the vacuum.
Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Stick Vacuum
- Cleaning Path Width: 11.35 inches (V-Shape), Power Cord Length: 20 feet
- Easily cleans around furniture legs and on low pile are legs; Hose Length: No Hose
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup makes project cleanup a breeze. Power Rating: 6 amps
- The V-shape directs larger debris into the center suction path, while the ends of the V capture small, fine debris
- Not for rugs
- Swivel V-Shaped Head: A unique feature of the Bissell PowerEdge is its cleaning head which is designed to offer a wider cleaning path than other stick vacuums on the carpet. It also swivels, making it easy to get into cracks and crevices without the need of an additional cleaning tool. You’ll easily be able to clean around the legs of furniture and décor in your home.
- Hair-Attracting Features: Originally designed for pet owners, the Bissell PowerEdge Pet Stick Vacuum is perfect for getting rid of a little or a lot of pet hair. The suction edge is designed with hair attracting rubber, which will collect more pet hair than general suction.
- Lightweight: As with most stick vacuums, this model is designed to be incredibly lightweight and easy to carry around your home. This is one of the main reasons that home owners search for stick vacuums as they offer an incredible level of power and the most versatility.
All About Hoover Vacuums
As with the top 3 Bissell vacuums, we’ve compiled a list of the 3 most popular Hoover vacuums and their included features.
Hoover WindTunnel Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction. Rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- WindTunnel Technology lifts and removes surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- 25-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter. HEPA Media Filter - Traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. Settings easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool. 8 Inch Stretch Hose - above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- Comes with No-Scuff Bumper which protects furniture as you clean along edges or underneath. No Multi Floor On & Off
- WindTunnel Technology: Similar to the OnePass technology from Bissell, Hoover’s WindTunnel technology is perfect for removing dirt that is embedded down in the deepest fibers of your flooring and any surface debris as well. Users will be able to go over a single spot only one time and have it emerge incredibly clean.
- Permanent HEPA Filter: Unlike other types of upright vacuums, the HEPA filter in the Hoover WindTunnel is permanent. All you will have to do is clean it regularly instead of having to purchase a brand new filter.
- Adjustable Cleaning Heights: Perfect for home owners that have a few different types of flooring in their home, the 5 position height adjustment is essential for getting the dirt off of hard floors or deep carpets.
Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
- Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery: An interesting feature that sets the Hoover Linx apart from the competition is the fact that it offers cordless operation with a fade-free lithium-ion battery. This means that the battery will stay strong throughout your entire clean, guaranteed. At the end of your clean, all you have to do is place the battery back on its charger.
- User-Friendly Controls: Instead of having to worry about bending down to adjust the settings on your vacuum, all of the power controls that you’ll need are conveniently placed on the handle of the vacuum.
- Wide Cleaning Path: Another feature that makes this stick vacuum better than others is that it offers a wide cleaning path. This will drastically cut back on the amount of time that it would take for you to clean any room in your house.
Hoover PortaPower Commercial Canister Vacuum
- Includes a reusable commercial cloth bag with paper option
- Built-in blower allows you more versatility with cleaning and maintaining your home
- Compact form allows you to clean tight spaces and detail small areas like the inside of a vehicle
- Long 33' SJT cable length for large area vacuuming. Hush 15 Inch Bagless Upright
- Hose stretches for extended reach
- Built-in Blower: If you’re looking for an all-inclusive cleaning tool, the Hoover PortaPower is a great unit as it gives you the functionality of a traditional vacuum with great suction and a built-in blower. This is perfect for getting the dust off of hard to reach areas and fine detailing to ensure your home is cleaner than ever before.
- Cloth and Paper Vacuum Bags: Although the unit isn’t bagless, it does offer a reusable commercial cloth vacuum bag for sharp and large debris. You can also switch the bag out for a traditional paper vacuum bag if you’re dealing with an ample amount of dust.
- Compact Design: The overall design of the Hoover PortaPower is to help you get into hard to reach areas where dust and dirt could be hiding, in comparison to other bulkier vacuums on the market.
What to Look for in a Vacuum?
The first thing to consider is what you’re going to want to look for in your carpet cleaner of choice. There are dozens of features that some vacuums offer, meanwhile others don’t, and without the right ones, you’ll find that cleaning will take more time and will become a hassle. Below are some important features to consider when looking for a vacuum from any manufacturer.
Bag or Bagless
Determining whether to buy a vacuum with or without a bag is all based on personal preference as they typically clean the same way. Bagless vacuums have become the standard as home owners have the ability to easily empty a dirt reservoir, clean it, and avoid the extra cost of having to buy vacuum bags.
Whereas with a bag vacuum you’ll be able to remove it from the unit, easily dispose of its contents, and replace it when a brand new bag at the end of every week.
One of the most important things to pay attention to when shopping for a vacuum is the amount of amperage each unit offers. This refers to the power that is supplied to the motor to keep the unit running perfectly throughout the years.
A vacuum with a higher amperage will undoubtedly offer more suction, though it’s important to note that the stronger the motor is, the louder the vacuum will be while you’re cleaning.
Above all, make sure that you take the time to read through customer reviews to get an idea of what the suction is like in the vacuum you’re interested in. Air flow and suction are two important features because, without them, dirt and grime wouldn’t be lifted from your floors.
The higher the level of suction, the faster it will be to clean on a regular basis and the cleaner your house will be.
Many home owners enjoy the idea of taking advantage of cleaning attachments and if you want a versatile vacuum, you’re going to need them. In most cases, a vacuum will come with a telescopic extension wand, a crevice tool, and an upholstery tool.
With the extension wand, you have the ability to reach high places, such as in the corners of ceilings. A crevice tool is typically designed to help you get into the nooks and crannies such as between carpet and baseboards. Finally, an upholstery tool is perfect for cleaning furniture and mattresses.
It can be difficult to live in a home that is prone to dust or that has a lot of pet hair, particularly if you’re dealing with allergies or another respiratory illness. This is why more people are beginning to choose vacuums that offer HEPA filtration.
HEPA technology is designed to remove dirt particles from both the floor and the air. Without a HEPA filter, you might find that your vacuum will just blow dust and dirt around your home.
When you put your money into a vacuum, ensure that it’s a unit that will be able to tackle any type of dirt on all of your floors. For example, being able to vacuum your carpet as well as hardwood floors.
This is where adjustable height settings come into play, as you can easily adjust how close the brush roll should be to the floor. For plush carpeting, you’ll want to adjust the vacuum to a higher level and vice versa for hard flooring materials.
Is Bissell or Hoover Vacuum Better?
Now that you’ve gone over the top 3 models from each manufacturer, you can get a clear idea of the different features they have to offer. Overall, Bissell and Hoover both have almost identical technologies to help make regular cleaning easier to maintain.
Choosing the right vacuum for your needs will depend on personal preference and the type of vacuum you’re looking for. When it comes to upright and stick models, Hoover’s vacuums have far more features to help you begin to enjoy cleaning your home. Whereas with canister vacuums, Bissell has an extensive line of models that are far superior to that of Hoover.
People Also Viewed:
- Hoover vs Bissell Pet Vacuums: Which Is Really Better?
- Dirt Devil vs Hoover Vacuums: Which Do You Need?
- Hoover Windtunnel 2 vs 3: What are the differences?
- Best Vacuums for Under $100
- How to Compare Bissell and Shark Vacuums
- Eureka vs Hoover: Which is Better?
- Hoover Linx vs Shark Navigator Cordless
- Hoover Max Extract 60 vs 77
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner