Neato Botvac D80 vs D85: Which Do You Need?
Robot vacuums have been the topic of discussion amongst home owners around the world, primarily because they help to make cleaning easier than ever before. Two renowned models from Neato will work to keep your home clean without you having to put any effort into the task. This guide will help you to decide between the Neato Botvac D80 vs D85.
All About the Neato Botvac D80
The Neato Botvac D80 incorporates all of the luxurious features you would expect from a robot vacuum that is designed to penetrate the deepest fibers of your carpet. Its sleek and stylish design doesn’t make the unit stand out against modern décor, making it the perfect cleaning tool for large and small spaces.
- Patented Neato technology - the laser smart mapping and navigation system scans and maps the room, plans, and methodically cleans instead of bumping around.
- D-Shape design with CornerClever technology gets close to walls and into corners offering maximum hair pickup. Picks up more pet hair than other bots;Charger Voltage : 110V, 220V
- SpinFlow Power Clean technology combines potent suction and precision brushes to leave floors immaculately clean. Includes easy-to-swap combo & blade brushes offering maximum cleaning. Precise edge cleaning side brush makes sure not a speck of dust is left behind.
- Auto-charge & resume lets your robot clean room to room - when it needs more power, it automatically returns to charge, then returns to where it left off & finishes the job. It tackles up to 3000 square feet of floor space per cleaning cycle with ease and automatically recharges
- For issues, please refer to the user manual or contact Neato support at 1-877-296-3286. Ensure that both the filter and dirt bin are clean and properly inserted
LaserSmart Navigation and Mapping
As a patented technology, LaserSmart helps to transform the way your robot vacuum cleans. It helps to encourage the unit to clean carefully around your home instead of aimlessly trying to find dirt wherever it can.
First, the robot vacuum will scan the entire room and sense any objects and obstacles in real-time. Then, it will determine what the most efficient cleaning path is.
Along with its D-Shape design, the CornerClever technology helps to get dirt and grime out of hard to reach areas, such as under furniture and in the corners of every room. If you’re looking for the most comprehensive clean, you’re going to want to find a robot that specializes in cleaning along walls and at the corners of baseboards.
SpinFlow Power Clean
One concern that many home owners have is whether a robot vacuum offers enough suction similar to a upright vacuum. Although its motor may be smaller, with the help of SpinFlow Power Clean, the Botvac D80 will use powerful suction and specialized precision brushes to get the immaculate aesthetic you’ve been waiting for. The unit will effortlessly deal with dirt, dust bunnies, pet hair, and crumbs.
All About the Neato Botvac D85
The Neato Botvac is the next robot vacuum that offers comprehensive features including the ones that are available with the Neato Botvac D80. The added features are designed based on questions and concerns posed by customers who owned the predecessor model. If you enjoyed using the D80, you’ll surely fall in love with the D85.
ComboBrush, Spiral Blade Brush, and Side Brush
A few of the most popular features integrated into the design of the Botvac D85 are the brushes. If you’re a pet owner you’ll surely love the fact that these brushes are designed to help accumulate more fine dirt than ever before. With the help of the additional brushes, pet hair will be removed from relatively every corner of your home with ease and efficiency.
Although the Botvac D80 was quiet when compared to other robot models on the market, the D85 takes it to the next level by offering almost silent cleaning. This means you can easily set your robot vacuum to tackle dirt while you’re asleep, watching television, or even if you’re on the phone.
Multi-Room and Spot Cleaning
There can never be too many functions available for you to take advantage of, especially if you’re the type of person that enjoys customizing their cleans. With the help of the multi-room and spot cleaning features you can program the vacuum to either seamlessly go from room to room or focus on a specific area.
A large complaint from many robot vacuum owners is that while their units are cleaning, they bump into their furniture and walls, leaving scuff marks and damage. Luckily, the Neato Botvac D85 offers specially designed boundary markers around the exterior of the unit. These rubber bumpers are designed to protect the integrity of your furniture and décor while the vacuum is cleaning.
What We Like/Don’t Like About the Neato Botvac D80 vs D85
When it comes to choosing the right robot vacuum for your home, you’re going to want to take the pros and cons into account to ensure you’re making the right decision.
Pros of the Neato Botvac D80
- Works well with cleaning pet hair
- Once the unit is set up, there’s no need to fiddle with the settings in the future
- Generously large dirt reservoir that is easy to remove and reinstall
- Intake port does not clog after a single clean
- Larger air filter when compared to other models on the market
- Improved suction and air flow in comparison to other robot vacuums
Cons of the Neato Botvac D80
- Docking port requires sufficient space on either side to help the unit self-charge
- Unit may find difficulties directing itself to the charging base
- May have difficulties navigating around furniture
- With consistent use, battery may experience difficulties retaining a charge
Pros of the Neato Botvac D85
- Easily transitions from carpet to hard flooring
- Quiet and powerful
- Over 90 minutes of cleaning time with a full charge
- Additional cleaning attachments included (2 filters, spare rotating brush, spare standard brush)
- Offers phenomenal suction for a robot vacuum
Cons of the Neato Botvac D85
- May produce error codes after years of use
- Spinning brushes need to be cleaned if picking up long fibers
How Do Robot Vacuums Work?
Robot vacuums are small units that typically offer a little less suction than a traditional vacuum. They operate based on programmed schedules or whenever they are manually told to start the cleaning process. Depending on the model you choose, there may be additional cleaning features that you can use to your advantage.
The technology in robot vacuums is what sets them apart from other cleaners on the market as you’ll have the ability to not have to worry about getting your home clean because they do it on their own. Some robot vacuums even offer added convenience including self-charging.
What to Look for in a Robot Vacuum
When shopping around, here are a few things to look out for in your chosen robot vacuum:
- Programmable Cleaning Times: One of the first things you should look for in a potential vacuum is its ability to have programmable cleaning times. Whether it’s through an app that you can download on a smart device or on the vacuum itself, programming a clean can be quite beneficial. You can set the vacuum to start its job while you’re asleep, away at work, or even while you’re watching television. The more programmable schedules that you can use to your advantage, the better.
- Stair Detection: Another interesting technology typically integrated into robot vacuums is stair detection. Considering these units are typically more expensive than traditional vacuums, the last thing you’ll want to deal with is your robot vacuum taking a tumble down the stairs. This feature is standard across most models and it helps the robot vacuum to detect when there is a ledge or a step to prevent falling.
- Self-Charging: If you’re a busy person, it can be difficult to remember the small things such as making sure that your robot vacuum is charged at the end of every clean. It’s important to find a model that offers self-charging, where the unit will navigate itself back to its dock and settle in to begin charging after they’ve finished their clean. It’s safe to say that the vast majority of robot vacuums offer this feature.
- Low Operation Noise: Setting your robot vacuum to clean while you’re asleep is a great idea, as long as it doesn’t make a lot of sound while tackling the dirt in your home. If you intend on using the vacuum when you’re out of the house, the operation noise shouldn’t be too much of a concern.
- User-Friendly Controls: Above all, you’re going to want to find a vacuum that offers a user-friendly interface you can use to change any settings on the unit. There’s nothing more difficult than working with a piece of technology that you simply cannot understand, even with instructions.
When it comes to determining whether to go with the Neato Botvac D80 vs D85, you’re going to want to take the different features into account. Although both of the units include the majority of the same items, such as self-charge and programmable schedules, the D85 does have more luxurious features to take into account.
The development of the Botvac D85 was essentially to improve on existing concerns with the D80. Therefore you’ll notice a better battery life, easier navigation, quieter operation, and an additional 2 filters to help eliminate the traces of dust and allergens in the air. Though it is available for a slightly higher cost, opting for the D85 gives you more cleaning capabilities.
People Also Viewed:
- Do Robotic Vacuums Really Work?
- Best Robotic Vacuum for Laminate Floors
- Best Multi-Room Robot Vacuum
- The Latest Smart Home Devices
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner