Let’s do a thorough comparison and review of the Oreck vs Dyson vacuum cleaners.
In this Oreck vs Dyson comparison, we will do a full review of two of their flagship vacuum cleaners.
At the end of this article, you will be able to know the primary attributes of the two brands and how they show up in their works via appearance, performance, features, versatility, and more.
Oreck vs Dyson in our study
These products are among the most requested products in the most required categories by the two brands. The two products we will be looking at in this comparison are
Okay, Let’s get elbow deep into vacuum knowledge.
Key Differences between Oreck and Dyson
Oreck is a no-nonsense brand that creates powerful and affordable vacuums. They are able to create powerful vacs and keep them pocket-friendly by removing all the unnecessary features and gimmicks from their products. For example, The Oreck XL is an affordable commercial grade cleaner that has a large bag and it has a long 35-foot power cord.
Dyson, however, creates exclusive high-end products that are always available for anyone with any features. The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is a cordless stick vacuum that converts into a handheld, and portable vacuum for easy cleaning jobs. It also has over-the-floor cleaning capabilities.
You may also find that the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is a better fit for your stairs, rugs and over the floor cleaning, and it has a 60 minute running time.
The Oreck XL runs for less time and is a louder machine that needs the bags changed every other time. Yet, the Oreck is great lightweight vacuum cleaner which is easy to handle and also offers a deep clean with great suction.
The Dyson V10 is a stick vacuum with sleek design, which allows it flexibility in that it can be balanced on floors just as well as on walls and ceilings and you can even fit it under furniture.
The Oreck XL, while being an upright vacuum, has a flat design which allows for some flexibility. The Oreck also takes up little storage space, can fit in hard to reach places and the design considers ergonomics, so your wrist doesn’t get twisted or tired from working.
The Dyson vacuum at 5.86 pounds is also lighter than the 9 pound Oreck. The Dyson, however, wins on flexibility and versatility.
Bag vs Bagless
The Dyson Cyclone V10 is a bagless vacuum while the Oreck XL needs bags. You can however, get the bags easily in a nearby store or on Amazon and you only have to chance the bags once full.
Cord vs Cordless
The Dyson cyclone V10 is a cordless vacuum cleaner which makes it easier to use and allows for more flexibility than the Oreck XL which has a really long 35 ft. cord.
Lastly, the price is an important consideration. You’ll find a Dyson Cyclone V10 is about 3 times more expensive than the Oreck XL upright vacuum. However, you should see “Verdict” to find out what you will get from that higher price. To compare today’s price, CHECK THIS OUT.
- MICROSWEEP: lets you switch from carpet to bare floors without adjustment
- DIRECT SUCTION: delivers dirt efficiently to maintain strong suction
- HIGH-SPEED ROLLERBRUSH: spins at 5,000 to 6,500 RPMs for deep clean
- MULTI-SURFACE DESIGN: safely cleans carpet, wood, laminate and tile surfaces
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: To guarantee an authorized purchase, ensure your product ships from Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Oreck XL Commercial Upright vacuum cleaner is a behemoth that does things in no half measures. Oreck built this as a product that delivers professional results at an affordable cost. This cleaner uses a double helix brush mechanism to obliterate any dirt, dust, pet hair, and a lot of allergens from carpets, wooden floors, laminate floors, bare floors, and tile floors without having to manually change the heights or settings.
To further work well on several floor types, the Oreck XL comes with a scatter guard squeegee to prevent debris from scattering. The motor is a powerful and high-speed monster that spins at 6500 RPMs. For a machine that does this much, it is amazingly lightweight at 9 pounds. Moreso, the microsweep feature allows you to switch cleaning tasks from carpet to hardwood without taking a break.
The design features an ergonomic handle that bears controls on the handle. The extremely large 9-quart disposable inner dirtbag is designed to fill from the top to prevent power loss.
We are yet to mention the monster of a 35-foot power cord that ensures the Oreck XL will reach anywhere in the house.
The XL is truly the epitome of Oreck’s easy-to-use, lightweight, and durable vacuums.
- Double Helix Mechanism: within the cleaning head of the machine, to clean your floors, is the patented double helix brush that sucks up all dirt and prevents debris blowback.
- Low-Profile Design: The head of the Oreck XL is designed to be able to lie flat, slide under furniture to get to debris stuck in corners and hard-to-reach places; this also helps when you want to stow away the vac.
- 12-Inch Cleaning Path With Side Edge Brushes And Non-Marring Bumpers: for effective cleaning around in corners and along baseboards, the Oreck XL has bumpers that are covered with soft material that won’t scratch your wallpapers and baseboards or tear the edge of your furniture. This is attached to a large 12-inch cleaning path that clears all dirt.
- Convenient 35-foot power cord.
- They are so reliable that they last for decades and rarely break down.
- It is very affordable and easy to assemble.
- It has no HEPA-certified filter for cleaning allergens out of the air.
- It is not so effective for use on stairs
- It is really loud
- New Torque Drive Cleaner Head - Removes 25% More Dust than the Dyson V8 Vacuum
- The Dyson Digital V10 Motor Spins At Up to 125,000 RPM to Generate Powerful Suction and a Powerful Handheld Vacuum - Up to 60 Minutes of Run Time When Using a Non-Motorized Tool
- Three Power Modes - Three Different Power Modes to Suit Any Task on Any Floor Type
- Advanced Whole Machine Filtration - Sealed System to Ensure Clean Air - Captures 99.97% of Particles As Small As 0.3 Microns
- Includes - Torque Drive Cleaner Head, Electric Wand Set, Mini Motorized Tool, Docking Station, Combination Accessory Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush and Manuals
Last update on 2022-09-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Dyson Cyclone V10 is the perfect lightweight vacuum companion with powerful suction that’s just right for deep cleaning the home carpet. It uses a torque drive cleaner head that sinks the bristles into the carpet to loosen ground-in dirt.
The HEPA-certified filter allows it to trap 99% of dust particles, debris, bacteria and allergens in the air so you can have a worry free cleaning period in your home.
The lightweight design allows for a comfortable handheld mode; you can reach high places like curtains and ceilings and also easily clean the car interior and other home upholstery.
It also has a low profile that lets it slide under furniture and even into corners.
Additionally, the cordless versatility of the Cyclone Animal is aided by a powerful battery that can last up to an hour and the motorhead uses cyclonic technology to trap all the dust and dirt in the bin and don’t lose suction. The package also comes with a crevice tool and another small crevice attachment with a brush.
The Dyson Cyclone V10 is a small product that allows for convenience.
- 3 Cleaning Modes: to be able to clean carpets, bare floors, and tiles, this cleaner has three different modes of cleaning. It goes from a STICK to a HANDHELD and an UPRIGHT vacuum. This allows you to do quick clean jobs, spot cleaning, and corners
- Torque Drive Cleaner Head: to completely clean your home and car interiors from dirt, pet hair, and dust from carpets and upholstery. It is a small motorized head that intensifies your cleaning. This is a 25% upgrade on their previous Dyson V8 animal vacuum.
- Drop-in Docking: The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal has a wall-mounted docking bracket that you can store, dock, and recharge the vacuum.
- The battery lasts long for a cordless device
- It has a HEPA filter for allergen removal
- This is great for pet hair
- You need to press the power on for it to run.
- It is at the high end of the price range
These vacuums work for different people and in different situations.
Oreck XL: For people who prefer to do a deep clean only every other time, have even floors in their homes or heavily carpeted homes, and don’t mind the mild discomfort or purchasing bags, or a 35ft long cord, the Oreck XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner would be a great fit.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal: The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is a perfect cordless, bagless product for those with animals and children. Those who clean rather frequently (as in the case of children and pets) should get the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal. The Dyson is perfect if you like to have some flexibility and versatility as it’s great for a range of surfaces, including uneven surfaces and tight corners.
That was it in my Oreck vs Dyson vacuum comparison. We hope you have been able to differentiate these two behemoth brands via their prominent features and reputation. With this knowledge, you are on your way from regular joe to a vacuum connoisseur.
People Also Viewed:
- Oreck Orbiter Commercial vs Ultra
- Are Oreck Vacuums Any Good
- Oreck or Shark Vacuum: Which Is Really Better?