OxiClean Carpet Cleaner Recipe – Make OxiClean Carpet Cleaner at Home
Carpets immediately capture your eye and give a sophisticated feeling to the room. However, keeping them clean can be a hectic job. Be it a smudge of dirt or a spilled glass of juice – it can be frustrating to see stains on a carpet. But stains aren’t your only problem. There are also concerns about wear and tear. Carpeting would lose its sheen over time, especially when you don’t clean it frequently. Before you spend your hard-earned dollars on a hefty carpet cleaning equipment or over-the-counter carpet cleaner, try making your carpet cleaner at home. We have got the perfect solution – the Oxiclean Carpet Cleaner Recipe – that would help you deal with the stubborn stains on your carpet.
Homemade Carpet Cleaner with Oxiclean
Things You Will Need
- Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli Laundry Detergent is hardworking yet respectful to your wardrobe
- Laundry soap is safe and effective for all fabrics and water temperatures
- Powerful plant-based ingredients keep whites white and colors vivid
- Biodegradable HE detergent
- Contains (1) 53.5 ounce bottle of concentrated, high efficiency laundry detergent
- Naturally derived, concentrated laundry soap.
- Keeps colors bright and whites white.
- Concentrated formula delivers mighty cleaning power for he and standard washers.
- Plant based, biodegradable and hypoallergenic formula fights tough dirt and stains.
- Cleans kitchens to a beautiful shine
- Dissolves greasy messes on contact
- Streak-free formula; Contains no phosphorus
- Made in the U.S.A.
- One 7.22 lb (115.3 Ounce) box of OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder
- Oxygen-based, water-activated formula gets out tough dirt, persistent spots and set-in stains
- Works with regular detergent to get clothes extra clean
- Works on carpets, upholstery and nearly any surface in your home
- Chlorine-free and color safe formula
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Liquid detergent – like Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli Laundry Detergent or Method Laundry Detergent
- All purpose cleaner – like Formula 409 All Purpose Cleaner Spray
- Fabric softener
- Hot water
- Protective gloves
- Large bowl
- Carpet cleaning machine
Instructions on How to Make Oxiclean Carpet Cleaner
· Step 1
Take the pot and pour one gallon of hot water in it. Start boiling the water on a stove. While the water boils, put on rubber gloves and take a large bowl. Combine the all-purpose cleaner, fabric softener, OxiClean, and liquid detergent in the bowl.
· Step 2
Wait for a few minutes to allow all the cleaning products to dissolve. Since OxiClean is in powder form, you will have to stir the mixture for the products to mix properly. Next, add in hot water that you boiled in the pot. Pour it gently to avoid the formation of bubbles as they can create air pockets inside the OxiClean Carpet Cleaner.
· Step 3
Now take out your carpet cleaning equipment. There are various models in the market, but in case you don’t want to invest in one, try renting it with the local home improvement store. Transfer the OxiClean Carpet Cleaner to your carpet cleaning machine following the instructions on the manual of the machine. Since the cleaning solution you have made contains a decent amount of water, you should be able to employ it at full strength in your carpet cleaning machine.
· Step 4
Before you start using the homemade OxiClean Carpet Cleaner to remove the stains, test the solution on a small area of the carpet. You would be able to see if the machine is working properly and that the solution isn’t damaging the carpet. Carpets are made of various materials, and the homemade OxiClean Carpet Cleaning Solution may not work well on all types of carpets. You need to test it on a small area before you use it to remove stains from your carpet. Wait for at least a day to see the effects of the solution on the tested area.
· Step 5
After you have checked the OxiClean Carpet Cleaner in a small area, run it over the carpet with the cleaning machine. Pay special attention to dirty and stained areas. Don’t use too much homemade OxiClean solution because the soapy residue may damage the carpet while too much moisture may lead to mold and mildew. Wait for at least a day for your carpet to dry, and you are done.
FAQs on Homemade Carpet Cleaner
Q.1) How to use a homemade carpet cleaner?
- Before you begin cleaning your carpet with a homemade carpet cleaner, make sure to vacuum it thoroughly.
- Read the directions on the manual of the carpet cleaning machine to see how much cleaning solution should be added. For a typical carpet cleaning machine, pour ¼ cup of homemade carpet cleaner into the reservoir of the machine. Fill the rest with hot water.
- Test the homemade carpet cleaning solution on a small area of carpeting to make sure that it is safe for your carpet. Wait for at least a day for the test area to dry to see the effects.
- If the homemade carpet cleaner is safe to use, run the carpet cleaning machine over your carpet.
Q.2) How often should you clean your carpet?
We recommend vacuuming your carpet twice a week. Spot cleaning with a homemade OxiClean carpet cleaner should be done as soon as you notice spots because it would be harder to remove stains if you allow them to settle.
We have shown you how to create a homemade carpet cleaner on your own. Share this OxiClean carpet cleaner recipe with your friends and family so that they don’t invest big bucks on over-the-counter carpet cleaning products. With the OxiClean carpet cleaner, you should be able to deal with stubborn stains on your carpet and keep your flooring in good shape. Make sure to vacuum the carpet at least twice a week to keep dirt and debris at bay. When you notice spots on your carpet, use the homemade OxiClean carpet cleaner to remove them. Make sure to check the cleaning solution on a small area to ensure that it doesn’t harm your carpeting.
If you have any questions about the OxiClean carpet cleaner recipe or in case something is unclear, feel free to write us a query. We will be more than happy to help you out.
Categorised in: Uncategorized