Shark Rocket Model Comparison, HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, HV322
When shopping for vacuums, there are many features one would trade off besides the price. The cleaning power and the weight are some of the considerations for many customers. This article seeks to review and compare five Ultralight Upright Shark Rocket Cleaner models HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322. They differ mainly in the available attachments and the type and construction of the cleaning head.
The Shark Rocket model comparison will try to remove the confusion when one wants to buy one of these small and easy to use vacuums. When you need to wash different surface, you need to merely change the cleaning tool according to the cleaned surface and type of dirt.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV301)
- Never loses suction or power
- Cleans carpets and bare floors
- Lightweight - only 7 pounds. Amps- 4.2. Wattage- 500
- Versatile floor to ceiling cleaning
- Cleans Bare Floors and Deep Cleans Carpets
Besides being powerful, the HV301 is corded so always ready to use with no need to wait for recharging. Whether you want to clean a carpeted floor or a wooden floor, the HV301 will do an excellent job cleaning. Some of its outstanding features include:
- 30-foot cord: When washing your premises you do not have to worry about waiting for the vacuum cleaner to charge. More so, being this long when cleaning many rooms, you do not need to unplug it every time.
- Micro Attachments: When you want the corners and areas that are usually unreachable the HV301 micro attachments come I handy. You can easily clean the crumbs of your toaster using the micro attachment
- Fingertip controls: With just a flick of your thumb you can easily control the HV301, this makes it very easy to operate even on the first day of use. Also since it is light it can be used efficiently by the elderly and the children
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum (HV302)
- Ultra-lightweight At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Home & Car Detail Kit Micro tools that clean the tiniest of spaces
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet
- Dual storage options Fix the hand vac to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount
- Swivel Steering Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture
The HV302 has almost the same features as the HV301. They both have a 12-inch crevice tool for cleaning tight and narrow spaces within the home. The HV302 has a Car Detail Kit, unlike the HV301. The HV301 stands out because of these features:
- Car Detail Kit: This is useful not only for cleaning car interiors but also the areas in the house that are commonly hard to reach.
- Slim Design: Allow access to areas that would instead be left.
- Accessories: the crevice tool, dusting brush, car detail kit, pet upholstery tool, dust away hard floor attachment, accessory bag, and a wall mount
- Unique features: It has this 2-speed brush roll settings that allow you to use the product for any kinds of floorings.
- swivel steering: will enable you to go through different directions without needing to move too much
Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Cleaner
- Shark Ultralight Upright Vacuum w/ Car Detail Kit
- 500 Watts of Power
- 18" Crevice Tool
- Dust Away Attachment Kit w/ 1 Microfiber Pad
- Ergonomic Handle
Like the HV302, the HV305 comes with the Car Detail Kit. Deep cleaning carpets by removing embedded dirt, and gentle on bare floors and delicate area rugs. For the HV305 It is effortless to empty Dust Cup by holding the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front to unload. Cleaning Wand Quick release wand for extra reach when cleaning floors.
- Car Detail Kit Micro tools: clean the tiniest of spaces, such as a computer keyboard or the dashboard in your car.
- Swivel steering: provides the ultimate control to get in and around obstacles and furniture
Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright (HV321)
- Never loses suction or power
- All the power without the weight
- Versatile floor to ceiling cleaning
- Powerful LED headlights in floor nozzle and hand vac
- Removable dust cup makes emptying easy
The HV321 has a slim design just like the HV305. It also has quick release foot pedal to easily transition from floor to ceiling. The features that make it stand out are:
- Advanced swivel steering
- High output LED lights in nozzle and hand vacuum: When in upright mode, it includes LED headlights to illuminate the area in front of you while vacuuming. This is very convenient when in vertical way.
- Indicator light/overheat protection: The green indicator light tells the person cleaning that the brush roll is spinning around and vacuum is cleaning correctly. The red indicator light shows the person cleaning that there could be an obstruction in the device. So the vacuum doesn’t get damaged due to an obstruction in the dirt cup or the brush roll.
- Under-appliance wand: This is an attachment 36″ long wand, which allows you to reach underneath appliances and furniture. This is convenient for cleaning underneath a fridge or couch when it’s too much of a hassle to move them.
- Quick-release extension wand: The floor nozzle can be detached from the bottom of the wand using a foot pedal on the vacuum’s base unit. The other end of the wand can be detached from the hand vac as well, for greater mobility. The entire upright is 8 pounds, but when you convert it to a handvac, it weighs only 3.5 pounds to make it extra light.
- Detailing kit: The HV321 comes with a detailing kit which provides you with a whole array of tools for vacuuming all sorts of tight areas in your car or home
- Upholstery tool: There is a brush that you can attach to vacuum on upholstery.
Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
- No loss of suction
- Powerful 2-in-1 vacuum deep cleans your carpets and hardwood floors
- Perfect for quick pick-ups
- Designed to clean everywhere with the included attachments.Rinse both with tap water until the water runs clean, then air-dry completely and insert back into your vacuum
- Included attachments: Duster Crevice Tool, Pet Multi-Tool, Hard Floor Hero, Wall Mount
The HV322 is the most expensive among the five vacuums and the most efficient as well. Like the other four HV301, HV302, HV305, and HV321 it is ultra-light. The high-speed setting is good for getting pet hair out of thick, dense carpets, while the low setting would be ideal for bare floors. If you don’t mind spending much you will get some of these additional features from the HV322:
- Pet Multi-Tool: This is an attachment that has a stiff bristle brush for removing stuck-on debris and agitating pet hair that has receded deep into your carpet. This tool can be converted it into an upholstery tool for removing pet hair from your couch or armchair by detaching the bristles. Since it has its power, it continues to work correctly even when the suction of the vacuum decreases.
- 18” Duster Crevice Tool with a flexible wand: Makes it great for cleaning in between cushions and areas that vacuum’s floor nozzle tends to miss.
- Multi-Angle Dusting Brush: It is an attachment that has swivel head to clean at various angles. Since the house may include areas that have odd angles the multiangle dusting brush will come in handy.
- Suction power: The Rocket HV322 is much better at sucking dirt than the HV302. The motor is slightly improved, allowing you to differentiate between deep carpets and bare floors just by flipping a switch. Thanks to its cyclonic technology, the sucked air is filtered by the centrifugal force, ensuring the filters remain unclogged
- Weight and Dimensions: With all the new features, the Shark Rocket TruePet and the Shark Rocket DeluxePro gained a little weight to about 8.1 pounds, which is still an excellent acceptable number for the ultralight class.
Shark Rocket model comparison: Comparable Features
Pros and Cons of the Shark Rocket Models
- Excellent picking up pet hair from carpet. You love your pets, but they sometimes leave lots of hair in your carpet. Many customers like how the HV301 vacuum effectively leaves their carpet pet hair free.
- Easy to empty the dust canister. Customers who do their cleaning regularly love this because it is never a hustle emptying the canister even if they have to do it regularly.
- Picks up larger debris efficiently. You will love how the HV301 picks the oatmeal and larger debris from your floor.
- Top-heavy since motor is mounted on its handle. Some customers dislike the fact that much of its weight is near the top, they are worried about muscle problems.
- It is very noisy. Although the HV302 cleans well some customers find it quite noisy, especially before getting accustomed to it.
- Non-thorough on hard floors. Some customers dislike how the vacuum removes the tiny particles like flour from the floor.
- Multiple attachments and accessories. The HV302 provides you with many accessory options for different cleaning needs.
- 2-speed suction. Many customers find this feature useful on the hardwood floors they switch to speed 1 and more vigorous speed for carpets.
- Easy to use and store based on its size and weight. The HV302 won’t bother you; customers especially love the wall mount. Some customers are amazed that it takes little storage space.
- It is a bit heavy on the top. So it makes it does not stand upright some customers say that they have to make sure you are careful, so it doesn’t fall over.
- No HEPA filtration. Not suitable for people who are asthmatic this matter has been a concern for those customers with dust or other respiratory allergies.
Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Vacuum Kit
- Long Cord. Many customers love this feature because they can vacuum all their floors without changing to another outlet.
- Great Suction. Many customers praise the HV305 for its great suction it is very efficient on the carpets, picks up all the things that are stuck.
- Customers love how this powerful vacuum can be moved around even by the children and the senior citizens
- Easy to assemble and use. Even customers who had never used vacuum before have found the HV305 easy to use
- The canister is so small. Some customers complain that the canister fills up so quickly and needs to be emptied regularly.
- Great Suction. This shark rocket cleaner has a high cleaning capability, thanks to its great suction. Weather used on carpet, hardwood, or laminate floors, it works effectively thus a good option for many users.
- Lightweight. Unlike many large models, the HV305 ultra-light cleaner is small and does not prove any difficult when using.
- Great User Experience. Everything seem to be what the customer wants. The canister is easy to empty, and awesome for many surfaces.
- Small size. The pretty little size of this rocket cleaner keeps users wanting for more from it. Due to its size, it cannot be the best for large surfaces.
- Two speed settings. This feature allows the users to clean different surfaces. The lower speeds for the bare floors and the higher speeds for the carpeted areas
- Foot pedal. Many user have found the foot pedal handy when switching from the bare floors to the carpet with just a push. Some like it because they do not need to bend down or lift the unit to access the
- LED lights. Some customers have been amazed by how the LED lights have helped them find the most hidden dust beneath the furniture.
- Not a HEPA filter not suitable for people who are asthmatic- For those customers who have breathing complications and allergies the HV321 usage has caused them some allergic reactions.
- Ultra-lightweight. The elderly customers find it easy when cleaning their houses with the light HV322 Vacuum. Some found ease handling the HV322 around the corners because of the light weight.
- 2X-Capacity Dust Cup. Customers who own larger homes discover that they can clean the entire house with HV322 without having to empty the bin regularly.
- Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment. The attachment has been very useful for those customers who have hardwood floors, the dust-away helps make cleaning the hardwood floors easier.
- Doesn’t stand upright. Some customers have complained that they have to find places to stand this device and most of the users do not find it comfortable at times.
Benefits of the Ultralight Upright Vacuums
The HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 are all ultralight and upright. They can be used as the central vacuums in small homes owing to their light weight and ease of use. They can also be used to supplement the larger vacuums since they can reach areas that the larger ones cannot reach.
The five vacuums are priced reasonably. The HV301 is the most basic of the five vacuums, while HV322 is the most advanced among the five.
The cleaning wand can be removed easily to make these vacuums handheld. When they become handheld, they can be used to reach any part from the floor to the ceiling.
Since they are corded, with 500 W motor, they don’t lose suction due to an empty battery and with 30 ft (9.1m) long power cord, they have vast range of action using single power outlet.
It is easy to empty and clean. It is made using transparent plastic, and one can see how full it is. Shark Rocket Ultralight Uprights are designed so that they don’t lose suction, regardless how dirt cup is full.
The Ultralight Upright vacuum cleaners come with filters that are washable and don’t need replacement. This feature makes them relatively cheap and durable.
Shark Rocket vacuums provide 500 W of power regularly due to rather long power cord the vacuums receive continuous power, hence constant suction through the cleaning process.
Shark Rocket Model Comparison – Final Thoughts
Of the light weight upright Shark rocket Vacuums the Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322) should be the best choice for anyone with any sort of household. Withholding the fact that the Pet Multi-Tool is what makes it special for removing pet hair, which is terrific if you have pets that shed a lot of hair. Although it is the most expensive it has the best suction it also has better suction and a bigger dust cup.
People Also Viewed:
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner