Hiya, here we are with a delectable full course meal of an in-depth Shark VacMop vs Bissell Crosswave product comparison.
If you want a specific hardwood floor cleaner or a multipurpose one, a wet or dry cleaner, these two products streamline your work by combining a vacuum cleaner and a mop into one handy device.
This ensures that you save time and effort, and you don’t have to spend so much money on buying two different devices for one thing. In this comparison, we will go through the main design features, similarities, performance, differences, tools, uses, pros, and cons.
Shark VacMop vs Bissell Crosswave Models in our study
In this review, we will be comparing the following models:
The CrossWave range has other alternative products we will briefly talk about. They are:
- A pet-specific cleaner (Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro, 2306A)
- A cordless cleaner (BISSELL, CrossWave Cordless Max All in One, 2554A)
Without much ado, let’s go to the crux of the matter – how does a Bissell Crosswave stand against a Shark VacMop? And which one should you get for your home? Well, we will answer those questions here in an in-depth comparison.
Similarities between Shark Vacmop and Bissell Crosswave
In the range of these efficient workhorses, let’s start with the obvious.
- Both products are a combination of small vacuum cleaners and mop in a single machine.
- They use various cleaning solutions for enhanced cleaning.
- They have buttons to toggle on the handle.
Differences between Shark Vacmop and Bissell Crosswave
In our Shark VacMop vs Bissell Crosswave study, here are some of the most notable differences:
- The Shark VacMop uses a cleaning pad while the Bissell CrossWave uses a brushroll for cleaning.
- The VacMop uses a no-touch disposal system to detach a used cleaning pad.
- VacMop uses no filters and as a result, is maintenance-free.
- The Bissell CrossWave works across multiple floor types while the Shark VacMop is designed for only hardwood floors.
- The Bissell CrossWave has a 12-inch cleaning path that is more than two inches larger than the Shark VacMop.
- The Bissell CrossWave also is significantly heavier at 11 pounds, while the VacMop is lighter at 3 pounds.
About other differences like performance, design, price, etc. Let’s go into details.
Comparison Table of Shark VacMop Vs Bissell Crosswave
Last update on 2023-08-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Key Differences in Details
The CrossWave uses a brushroll to gently scrub the floor while vacuuming it up immediately.
The CrossWave uses a spray-on-demand system to soak the dirty area and a dirt pad to trap the dirt and soak up the water.
The Shark VacMop is calibrated for the cleaning of hard floor surfaces but cannot be used on rugs. The battery in the VacMop only lasts 15 minutes while the CrossWave avoids this hassle by going with cords. CrossWave also has a larger cleaning head.
The Bissell CrossWave can clean a multitude of surfaces including area rugs. It is also equipped with a button that allows you to switch between the surfaces easily.
Verdict: Bissell CrossWave wins this round because it’s more versatile and it lasts longer.
Bissell CrossWave traps dirt by storing it in one of its dual storage tanks. This prevents the cleaning solution from mixing with dirty water.
The Shark VacMop utilizes disposable pads to pick up and trap debris and wet messes. This is combined with a dirt chamber. Although the dirt chamber fills up quickly.
The suction of the CrossWave also works better with bigger objects like pebbles.
Verdict: The CrossWave’s larger dirt tank and reusable brush roll edges it.
Design and Mobility
The Bissell CrossWave has a 25 ft cord While the Shark VacMop is cordless. The CrossWave does have a cordless model but the VacMop is still lighter. The two have controls on the handle for easy reach. VacMop has led lights for illuminating dark areas when you use it.
Verdict: Shark VacMop brings about a smoother user experience
This place is a little tricky. Off the surface, CrossWave is almost twice the cost of the VacMop. However, the VacMop’s disposable pad adds a recurring cost to your expenses.
Verdict: Draw. We are divided between a one-time large payment or smaller multiple payments.
Is Shark VacMop or BISSELL CrossWave better?
Honestly, it depends on your requirements and preferences.
The Shark VacMop is more INNOVATIVE IN DESIGN, CHEAPER, LIGHTER, and MORE MOBILE. Seniors and people with mobility problems will love this product.
The Bissell CrossWave COVERS MORE SURFACES, has LITTLE RECURRING EXPENSES, and is more VERSATILE. People with multiple floor types, large apartment dwellers, pets, and human parents should go for this.
So, ask yourself first.
However, as explained at the end of this review, I would go with the Bissell Crosswave.
Other Bissell CrossWave models And How Are They Different?
Before we go, let’s talk a bit about the other products in the CrossWave range. The biggest differences between the CrossWave 1785A that we focus on here and the alternatives (CrossWave Pet Pro 2306A and CrossWave Cordless All in One 2554A) is in the range are the modes of operation and what they are designed for.
The Pet Pro is designed to handle more specific task. The pet version Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro, 2306A that in addition to the regular features, is designed to be able to clean up pet messes better. It has some of the standard pet hair cleaning products like a PET HAIR STRAINER that traps furs, pet doodles, and other animal debris separately from normal dirt.
There is also an electric cordless version BISSELL, CrossWave Cordless Max All in One, 2554A of the CrossWave that closely competes with the Shark VacMop and is a very considerable substitute. An additional edge of this 2554A is that it is cordless which may make your task easier. However, both alternatives are more expensive than the 1785A.
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- VACUUM & WASH AT THE SAME TIME, BISSELL CrossWave multi-surface floor cleaner cleans better than a sponge mop and bucket, and in less time.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING. Safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
- TWO-TANK TECHNOLOGY. Keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris, so you always clean everyday messes with fresh solution
- DUAL-ACTION MULTI-SURFACE BRUSH ROLL. The innovative microfiber and nylon brush rotates at 3000 RPM, while also mopping and picking up dry debris at same time.
Last update on 2023-08-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
To get stains out of your floors, Bissell offers the CrossWave range, a multi-surface all-in-one floor cleaner. It works on different floors including area rugs, bare floors, sealed hard floors, abd sealed wood floors. It operates by washing and vacuuming the floors simultaneously for a quick and shiny clean.
- Dual Action Multi-Surface Brush Roll:
The cleaner has a patented Microfiber and Nylon Brush that mops, and helps suck up both wet and dry debris at the same time. The brush has a rotation speed of 3000 RPM that guarantees cleaning speed and efficiency.
- Two Tank System
To ensure that the dirty and cleaning solution don’t mix, the CrossWave uses a dual tank system that ensures you are constantly cleaning your house with clean water and formula.
- Smart Touch Controls
The handle has a series of buttons that enables the user to conveniently switch between the various floors you want to clean. This also includes a solution on-demand trigger.
- Docking Tray
A docking tray allows you to easily clean the machine’s brush roll after use. You can also store it on the docking tray.
- Great value for money. This product might be on the pricey end, however, it works well and ensures that you’re satisfied with the purchase in the long run.
- Although it works relatively well with dry debris, this product is more comfortable with cleaning wet messes.
This tough little worker is comfortable cleaning virtually any floor and tackling wet or dry debris in the home or office. It is safe for use on floors such as tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more. All versions of the solution smell great, so your home will get that fresh smell of satisfaction after each clean.
One downside is that the cleaner finds it difficult to clean up dry grout and textured tiles. Nonetheless, this machine is a beast on flat surfaces, pet hair, and large debris. When you’re done cleaning around the house, you can clean the machine itself and brush easily. It has a removable brush roll and a cleaning tray that helps make the job easier. In addition, the fact that it is a combination vacuum cleaner and mop make the job quick.
Large apartment dwellers, pet owners, and human parents should seriously look at getting this product.
- COMPLETE CLEAN: Powerful suction plus spray mopping - a complete clean in one pad..Voltage:110 volts. Wattage : 85 watts
- DISPOSABLE PADS: Disposable VACMOP Pads vacuum up what other pads push around.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Pulls in dirt and debris to be locked away directly in the disposable VACMOP Pad.
- 12 OZ. CLEANING SOLUTION: Spray mop with VACMOP spring clean floor cleaner to scrub stuck-on grime, providing shiny clean floors.
- NO-TOUCH DISPOSAL: Remove dirty pad with a touch of a button - never touch a dirty pad again.
Last update on 2023-08-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Shark VacMop Pro is a handy cordless cleaner that combines both powerful suction and spray mopping for cleaning hard floors of dry debris and wet messes quickly using a no-touch disposable pad.
- Suction and Spray mopping: The device works by spraying formula and sucking it up with the pad and vacuum system. This allows it to give you a good sheen.
- Disposable Pad with A No-touch Disposal System: The pads in this vacuum trap debris and grime in the VacMop pad without leaving streaks. When you’re done, you can dispose of the pad easily by pressing a button that allows you to dispose of the replaceable pad without getting a mess on your hand.
- Cordless Multi-Surface Cleaning with Magnetic Charger: Besides the obvious that this cleaner is cordless. It also has a magnetic charger that clicks into place for easy and fast charging.
- LED headlights: To clean dark spots around your home, this cleaner has automatic lights that can help you clean your home easily.
- Super lightweight and maneuverable
- It is not as noisy as other similar cleaners.
- Finding a replacement pad is difficult because stores run out of it very quickly. However, it is available on Amazon.
This amazingly lightweight but handy cleaner clears everything from dust and debris to grout. It can be used to scrub and suck the debris. It has a selection of buttons around the handle to allow you to spray water and vacuum.
The battery makes use handy. The downside is the low run time of about fifteen minutes. However, that problem is solvable in the long run. This product also comes with other things in the package like 2 disposable pads, and a 12-oz. bottle of VacMop multi-surface hard floor cleaner.
It is surprisingly light and very maneuverable. You will enjoy using it.
Seniors and people with mobility problems should look into getting this.
Wrap Up on Shark VacMop Vs Bissell Crosswave
Here we are at the end of the review and comparison of the Shark VacMop vs Bissell CrossWave. We have judged their merits, demerits, features, design, and even costs and we can say the Bissell CrossWave wins because of its all-around cleaning ability. If you are willing to overlook the significant cost you will enjoy using the BISSELL CrossWave.
The Shark VacMop costs less and is more versatile and very efficient. If you have no pets or children and you only have hardwood flooring, then you can pick up the VacMop. You can also buy one as a gift for your seniors.
People Also Viewed:
- Bissell vs Shark Vacuum
- Compare BISSELL ProHeat 2X Models
- How To Use A Bissell Steam Cleaner Effectively
- BISSELL Symphony vs Crosswave
- How to Use BISSELL Big Green Carpet Cleaner
- How to Use BISSELL ProHeat Pet Upright Deep Cleaner
- BISSELL SpotClean vs Little Green
- Tineco vs Bissell Crosswave
- Bissell vs Shark Steam Mop
- Bissell Crosswave vs Steam Mop