Sirena Vacuum vs Rainbow – Comparing Water Filtration Vacuum Cleaners
Property owners who are in the market for the perfect cleaning machine for their property should consider water vacuums. Searching for the right water vacuum can be daunting, especially if you’ve never considered one in the past. Two of the premier models on the market today are;
In this guide, we will help you to learn about the pros and cons of the Sirena vacuum and Rainbow vacuum models so you can choose the right one for your residential or commercial property.
What are Water Vacuums?
Water vacuums are highly advanced cleaning tools that far surpass their counterparts in terms of performance. They are highly efficient and equipped with state of the art technology to offer a 100% efficiency rate in terms of cleaning. Though it is important to note that the majority of water vacuums are far more expensive than competing traditional vacuum units.
One of the largest benefits of water vacuums is that they are designed to not only remove dirt and debris, but to also filter out bacteria, viruses, and pathogens around your property. They are also quite useful for removing any bad odors from upholstery, flooring, or the air.
Depending on the model you choose, some high-end units also offer both humidifying and dehumidifying features as well as aromatizing features to help keep your home smelling fresh.
How Do Water Vacuums Work?
There has been a lot of speculation around how water vacuums take advantage of something as simple as water to provide a deeper clean than ever before, and the process is quite simple.
Your water vacuum is quite similar to a traditional vacuum in the sense that it offers suction to deal with dirt and grime. The dirt is then brought into the water chamber and forced into the stored liquid.
If you’ve ever used a traditional vacuum in the past you’re aware of how simple it is for dirt to be exhausted back into the atmosphere, but with a water vacuum, this does not happen. Instead, the dirt is trapped until you replace the water in the tank.
As a result, all that you’re left with is a completely purified environment where dirt and dust cannot be forced back into the air, upholstery, or flooring. Many people refer to it as “washing your home”, as it offers the highest level of efficient cleaning possible.
All About the Sirena Water Vacuum
- Safe to use on bare floors or carpet
- Uses a washable HEPA filter
- Never clogs ensuring a super efficient clean
- Asthma and allergy recommended
- Wet and dry pickup, can remove up to 3 liters of liquid before you will need to empty it
If you’re looking for a vacuum that offers most of the same components, minus a few interesting features, for a lower price point than the Rainbow, this is the water vacuum for you.
- Power: The Sirena water vacuum is designed to make cleaning easier than with other traditional types of vacuums. Users will appreciate the 1200w dual speed motor made exclusively in Italy.
- Water Filtration: With the combination of the powerful motor and water filtration technology, you won’t ever have to worry about dirt and grime hiding from your naked eye. Also, the integrated HEPA filtration system is essential for eliminating allergens such as dander and dust from your air and flooring.
- Included Attachments: There are several different attachments that are included and can be purchased alongside the Sirena unit including a power nozzle, electric hose, wet/dry hose, dusting brush, crevice tool, upholstery tool, an inflation tool, turbo brush, and floor brush.
- Aromatizing: In the event that you want to add soothing fragrances at the end of your clean, you can take advantage of the deodorizers and fragrance packs that deodorize the air and upholstery in your home.
- Cleaning Capabilities: Sirena can clean a variety of different types of flooring ranging from hard floor such as laminate and hardwood to high plush carpet. With the help of the unique power nozzle, home owners can easily adjust the height of the brush to accommodate their needs.
- Warranty: To ensure that your unit lasts with consistent use, each Sirena vacuum is equipped with a 12-year manufacturer’s warranty in the event of defects.
All About the Rainbow Water Vacuum
- Sealed Hose Inlet Vacuum, Inches H2O: 80 inches lift per minute
- Rated Horse Power: 1.542 (High Speed) .067 (Low Speed)
- R.P.M.: 23,000 (High Speed) 3,000 (Low Speed)
- Volume Air Movement: 80 cubic feet per minute
- Watts Input: 1,150 (High Speed) 50 (Low Speed)
The Rainbow water vacuum is another highly advanced vacuum that integrates a substantial amount of features with 100% cleaning efficiency. From the ergonomic handles to the state-of-the-art features, cleaning takes on a brand new name when you buy your own Rainbow water vacuum.
- Filtration: Within the unit is a unique water filtration system that is designed to not only trap household dirt, but also microscopic debris that typically wouldn’t be touched by a traditional vacuum cleaner. With the help of the HEPA Neutralizer Filtration System, all dirt is put through a 2-stage filtration which not only gets rid of grime but that also purifies every surface.
- Power: What makes the Rainbow water vacuum different from its competition is the trademarked Hurricane motor. When you purchase any type of vacuum it is essential to have the strongest motor to achieve the deepest clean. The Hurricane motor uses switched-reluctance technology, which is designed to effortlessly tackle any type of cleaning job, even to remove the deepest stains in your carpets. It also helps to preserve the integrity of the unit by offering limitless motor life.
- Wall-to-Wall Cleaning: Instead of focusing primarily on floors and furniture as most vacuums do, the Rainbow offers wall-to-wall cleaning capabilities. Whether dirt, crumbs, or pet hair plagues your home, the power nozzle and revolving brush will agitate the dirt and suction it into the purification chamber. Then the Circulating Active-Edge brush technology will tackle the hard-to-reach areas such as along baseboards and under furniture.
- Accessibility: There are various accessibility features included in the Rainbow vacuum, helping to make it easier to use whether you’re a frequent cleaner or not. One is the LED headlights that are essential for making sure you never miss a spot while cleaning.
- Ease of Use: The maneuvering dolly makes it incredibly simply to bring the Rainbow vacuum from one room to another and it offers a rubberized edge to prevent scuffing and wall damage while you clean. Also, Quick Connect is a great feature to help you easily connect and disconnect a variety of tools and wands to make cleaning more efficient.
Customer Reviews of the Sirena vs Rainbow Vacuums
The Sirena vacuum is popular amongst home owners because it offers the power of your standard water vacuum for a fraction of the cost. The Sirena is known for picking up small pieces of hair and debris, especially pet hair. The included fragrances are quite popular as well, as they help to mask odors from pets and smoking.
Users have expressed concerns about the included hose and how it is bulky in size, which makes it difficult to store without tangling. Also, the construction of the unit is inferior to the Rainbow as it appears to be made with less resilient materials, causing the attachment clips to be prone to breakage.
As for the Rainbow, it is the most tested water vacuum as it was the first unit on the market to offer water-filtering technology since the 80s. Users adore the build of the machine as it is resilient and long lasting, single units can last up to 25 years with consistent use. Also, the power behind the unit and its ability to filter 100% of allergens out of the air is what helps to make it superior when compared to the Sirena.
Although Rainbow has been in business for decades, owners have noted a difficulty with spending the money on the unit as it is typically sold for upwards of $1500 from verified sellers. A large issue with the build of the Rainbow vacuum is if you use the unit for a long clean without a break in between, the water in the basin may be evaporated into the motor.
Maneuvering the unit is difficult as the hoses and attachments are large and bulky, users noticed that cleaning took longer as a result of having to untangle all of the hoses and cords with each use. Also, over time there is a possibility of the water reservoir experiencing leaks, which lead to water leaking out of the unit.
What We Like/Don’t Like
We Don’t Like
Final Thoughts – Sirena vs Rainbow
Water vacuums are far more efficient than a stick, upright, or even canister vacuum in terms of removing small and large debris and microscopic dirt from the air, flooring, and furniture. If you’re hunting for a unit that is going to give you a sufficient amount of cleaning power for a relatively affordable price, the Sirena water vacuum is your best choice.
The Rainbow offers a higher price tag but also decades of experience manufacturing and selling water vacuums. Their units offer superior performance and are constructed using top of the line materials that increase the unit’s resilience to damage over years of regular use.
With the help of this guide, considering price, features, pros, and cons of the perfect water vacuum has never been easier.
Categorised in: Vacuum Cleaner