3 Best Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings 2020
Nearly everyone has heard of steam cleaners as a carpet or floor cleaner, but did you know that you can also use different types of steam cleaners for walls and ceilings? As a home owner, you’re going to notice an abundance of dirt build up in the areas that you don’t regularly clean.
This is especially true for people with children and pets. Walls and ceilings can attract a variety of different types of grime, especially when you think about the amount of times people touch the walls in high traffic areas. If you’re one of the many home owners that’s beginning to wonder how they can clean all areas of their home, it’s time to find steam cleaners for walls and ceilings.
In This Article
In this article, we’re going to give you a comprehensive guide on using steam cleaners to tackle dirt and grime on ceilings and walls. We will give you our picks for the top 3 steam cleaners to handle these stubborn stains. Then, we will give you a variety of other considerations you may have in relation to this cleaning tool.
Jump to our top picks:
The Top Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings
We’ve constructed a great list of useful steam cleaners for walls and ceilings to help you choose the right model for your home. Each has their own list of benefits for you to use to your advantage if you’re looking for something to get rid of dirt that would otherwise be forgotten.
How To Use This List – Before You Get Started
Before you get started with our list, you should know how to pick the device that best matches your cleaning tasks and requirements. Our number one recommendation is to first think of what you are actually looking for in a steam cleaner. How will you use it? How much are you looking to spend? How much functionality do you need?
Consider all your sanitizing needs. Additionally, the types of ceilings and walls you need to clean will have different requirements. For example, you might need a more extensive device if you are going to be scrubbing soap scum out of tile or shower walls. So sit down, consider what you need, and then read this list with your requirements in mind.
#1. Sienna Eco Pro
- Powerful 1500 Watts, professional level steam pressure Environmentally safe.
- Uses water and leaves no chemical residue
- Steam is ready in minutes
- 50.7 fl oz water tank provides a continuous steam for up to 40 minutes
- Sanitizes, deodorizes, and eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria using only steam
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Sienna Eco Pro is an all-inclusive steam cleaner that helps you clean a variety of different surfaces, whether you need to clean your floors or the corners of your ceiling. With its user-friendly design and controls, steam cleaning walls and ceilings has never been easier.
- 1500 Watts of Power
- Environmentally Safe
- Natural Sanitization
- 7 fl. oz. Water Tank
- 40 Minutes of Continuous Steaming
- Adjustable Steam Pressure Knob
- Analog Pressure Gauge
- Soft Touch Feature
- 23-Piece Accessory Kit
- 23-Piece Accessory Kit:Remember when we said you’d want to find a steam cleaner that comes with an array of accessories? Well, the Sienna Eco Pro offers 23 different attachments that you can use for cleaning walls, bathroom counters, shower doors, and more. Because not every cleaning job is the same, so finding a device that can handle all your various jobs is very helpful.
- 40 Minutes of Continuous Steaming: The majority of steam cleaners don’t have nearly as large of a water tank to give you enough steam to last for 40 continuous minutes. This means you won’t have to worry about refilling the tank in the middle of the job. Even if you did (depending on the size of your home), the water tank is conveniently located in the canister of the unit.
- Adjustable Steam Pressure Knob: It’s important to have access to a control that allows you to select from different types of steam pressure, especially when you’re working with the delicate surfaces in your home. Although you may want hard pressure on the tires of your car or the tiles in your kitchen, you’re going to need a softer pressure for the walls and ceilings.
#2. Bissell Hercules
As a company that is known for their cleaning products, Bissell has also created a steam cleaner that is great for walls and ceilings. Although it does not offer as many features at the Sienna Eco Pro, it is still a convenient and easy-to-use unit that you can keep around your home.
- Compact, lightweight and maneuverable, Environmentally friendly and Disinfects using only water
- Powerful and quick, Easy to operate and Time efficient
- Water Tank Capacity 50 fl oz
- 1500W Steam Boiler, 45 minutes cleaning time per fill
- Multi-purpose attachments for floor to ceiling cleaning with on-board storage
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Originally designed for industrial purposes, you can rest assured that the Bissell Hercules will work with any type of dirt that you find on your walls and on your ceilings. Plus, it has a similar canister design to the Sienna Eco Pro so you don’t have to worry about lifting a water tank and cleaning attachment to get to hard-to-reach areas.
- Lightweight and Manuverable
- 50 fl. oz. Water Tank
- 1500 Watts of Power
- 45 Minutes of Continuous Steaming
- Multi-Purpose Attachments with On-Board Storage
- 45 Minutes of Continuous Steaming:There’s nothing worse than having to stop in the middle of a clean only to refill the water tank on your steamer, especially once you get into the “cleaning groove”. With the 50 fl. oz. water tank you will easily be able to take advantage of 45 minutes of continuous steaming, which is perfect for large and small homes alike. It even gives you enough time to tackle some other areas of your home after you’ve finished the walls and ceiling.
- Multi-Purpose Attachments with On-Board Storage: All of the attachments that are included with the Bissell Hercules are designed to give you an all-inclusive clean. This means you can steam any surface – from ceiling to floor to carpet cleaning. The best part is all of the attachments come with on-board storage so you won’t have to worry about storing them separately from the unit. It’s convenient, compact, and easy to use.
- ★Free 9 accessories: Our powerful handheld steam cleaner Set includes an exclusive free 9 pieces accessory kit which includes: extended nozzle, Spray Cup with Brush, Bent Spray, Funnel, Measuring Cup, Spray Cup for Door and window, towel Sleeve, Brush Plate, Long Spray Cup.
- ★Multi-purpose use: our handheld steam cleaner unit is best suited for sealed surfaces including ceramic, vinyl, laminate, granite, marble, hardwood floors, and it’s great for sinks, stoves, counter tops, refrigerators, kitchen, floor, living room, windows, toilet, tiles, shower curtains, bathroom, pet toilet, car Seats and rims, grill, BBQ, kids toy, mattresses, linen, duvet cover, fabric and sofa cleaning.
- ★Chemical free and safe: 100% chemical FREE with no harmful fumes or residue. Includes a safety lock on the handle and a safety cap for added peace of mind for your safety!
- ★Powerful hot steam: 1050W of power; Emits pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes with our high Pressure steamer!
- ★VERSATILE: This handheld pressurized steam cleaner is an all in one streamer. It can be used indoor or outdoor. We also included an extension Nozzle for extended mobility and improved reach!
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Comforday Handheld Steam Cleaner is unique in its own right because it gives you a convenient solution to tackling smaller areas of dirt without having to use a large steam cleaner.
As a handheld unit that offers convenience and portability, it’s the type of tool that you can either keep in your home or bring with you on trips. Don’t let its size fool you – as it’s power and ease of use is nothing to be threatened. With additional accessories, impressive safety features, and versatility, it’s certainly one of the front-runners when looking at steam cleaners for walls and ceilings.
- Heating and Steam Pressure Control
- Full Steam Sanitization
- Powerful Hot Steam: 1050W of Power
- Chemical Free
- Auto Shut-Off with Low Water
- High Pressure Steamer
- Extended Power Cord and Double Insulation
- Up to 22 Minutes Run-Time
- Easy-to-Use Buttons
- Patented Heating and Steam Control:The technology within the Comforday steam cleaner gives you the ability to have more control over the heat of the steam and the amount of steam produced by the unit. There is 1050W of power packed into this machine, which can emit hot steam for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Easy-to-Use Buttons:Aside from all of the technological components included in the unit, you’ll also love its easy-to-use design that allows you to specify the temperature and press the steam button for immediate use.
- Accessories:You can also take advantage of the 9 included cleaning accessories that are designed to help you get into hard-to-reach areas such as ceiling corners and behind furniture pressed against your walls.
|Sienna Eco Pro||Bissell Hercules||Comforday Handheld Steam Cleaner|
|Water Tank Capacity||50.7 Fluid Ounces||50 Fluid Ounces||200ml|
|Adjustable Steam Pressure||N/A|
|Adjustable Heat Settings||N/A|
What to Look for in Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings
You might be thinking that it would be relatively difficult to use your traditional steam cleaner on the walls, especially when they’re designed to be used vertically rather than upside down and horizontally.
You’d be right! If you need to steam clean your walls and ceilings, you’re going to have to find models with special features, including:
- Attachments: At times, you can find upright steam cleaning units that come with attachments to help you easily clean other surfaces aside from floors. You’re going to need these attachments; otherwise you’ll be faced with the task of holding your upright cleaner against the walls and upside down on the ceiling.
- Not only does this seem like a waste of strength, but it can also lead to water spilling all over yourself or the floors. The steam cleaners on our list have the features necessary to perform this task. They are portable, lightweight, and contain the attachments necessary to get into hard-to-reach areas on walls and ceilings.
- Adjustable Heat and Steam Settings:There isn’t a single heat setting that you can use for every surface of your home, especially because walls are far more delicate than hard tiled floors. You’re going to want to be able to choose either a small amount of steam or a lower heat setting to make sure you don’t do any damage to paint while you’re steaming.
- Safety Features:The majority of wall and ceiling steamers are handheld in some capacity, and so you’ll want to make sure the unit has integrated safety features for the safest operation. One recommended feature is an automatic shut-off that alerts you once the unit is completely empty and needs to be refilled with water. This helps to prevent the boiler from overheating and burning out.
- Soft Cleaning Pads/Cleaning Surfaces: Another important feature to make sure your steam cleaners for walls and tiles have are soft cleaning pads. It’s incredibly easy to scratch your walls, especially if they’ve been painted. The last thing you’ll want is to see marks in all of the areas you’ve cleaned and be faced with the task of repainting your whole house.
Our Favorite Steam Cleaner for Walls and Ceilings
At the end of the day it’s important that you not only have a device that is all-inclusive, but that is affordable and offers the perfect amount of features to get the job done. This is why we prefer the Sienna Eco Pro to any other steam cleaner for walls and ceilings on the market. It gives you the perfect level of power, the right amount of water storage in the water tank, and the ability to kill 99.9% of odor and virus causing bacteria without the need for chemicals.
Users will be able to easily adjust the steam pressure to protect the delicate surfaces of their home. You also have the ability to turn on the soft touch feature for when you’re dealing with said surfaces. It essentially has everything that you could ever need in a steam cleaner.
Bonus: Alternative Methods to Clean Walls and Ceilings
Of course, a steam cleaner isn’t the only way to clean your walls and ceilings. In this section, we will give you a quick run-down of some alternative methods you might consider to remove stubborn stains and marks. With proper consideration, you can find the best method for your needs.
Mop and Bucket: The “old fashioned way”. A classic tool for cleaning hard to reach spots such as a ceiling is with a mop or a scrubber. Even mopping the area with water can help to remove gentle smudges or cobwebs. Be sure to dry the area after scrubbing to prevent any moisture damage or dripping.
Next up, we’ll show you how to achieve a more powerful clean with your own cleaning solution.
Cleaning Solution: A DIY cleaning solution can be great for cleaning walls and ceilings. We recommend a mixture of 1 cup ammonia, ½ cup vinegar, and ¼ cup baking soda, and a gallon of warm water.
You can apply this solution to walls using a sponge, or to your ceiling using a mop or scrubber. Be sure to clean walls from top to bottom to prevent moisture from dripping down. When you are done scrubbing with cleaning solution, rinse with water and dry.
Pressure Washer: If you are dealing with more heavy duty walls such as outdoor brick or wood, then a pressure washer might be ideal. This is great for extremely stubborn grease and mildew. However, make sure that the pressure washer is not so powerful as to damage your wall.
I hope you have enjoyed our list of the best steam cleaners for walls and ceilings. As you have seen, cleaning a wall or ceiling requires a whole new set of considerations. This is why, before reading our buyer’s guide, you should evaluate the extent of your cleaning requirements. This way, you can match your needs to a product on our buyer’s guide.
We hope our guide has helped you to decide how to get rid of stubborn marks and stains on walls and ceiling. It can seem like a lot of work to remove marks in these hard-to-reach places, but you will find that the results make it more than worth it!
Categorised in: Steam Cleaner