3 Best Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings 2019
Nearly everyone has heard of steam cleaners for floors, but did you know that you can also use different types of steam cleaners for walls and ceilings? As a home owner, you’re going to notice an abundance of dirt build up in the areas that you don’t regularly clean.
This is especially true for people with children and pets. Walls and ceilings can attract a variety of different types of grime, especially when you think about the amount of times people touch the walls in high traffic areas. If you’re one of the many home owners that’s beginning to wonder how they can clean all areas of their home, it’s time to find steam cleaners for walls and ceilings.
Jump to our top picks:
What to Look for in Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings
You might be thinking that it would be relatively difficult to use your traditional steam cleaner on the walls, especially when they’re designed to be used vertically rather than upside down and horizontally. You’d be right! If you need to steam clean your walls and ceilings, you’re going to have to find models with special features, including:
- Attachments: At times, you can find upright steam cleaning units that come with attachments to help you easily clean other surfaces aside from floors. You’re going to need these attachments; otherwise you’ll be faced with the task of holding your upright cleaner against the walls and upside down on the ceiling. Not only does this seem like a waste of strength, but it can also lead to water spilling all over yourself or the floors.
- Adjustable Heat and Steam Settings: There isn’t a single heat setting that you can use for every surface of your home, especially because walls are far more delicate than hard tiled floors. You’re going to want to be able to choose either a small amount of steam or a lower heat setting to make sure you don’t do any damage to paint while you’re steaming.
- Safety Features: The majority of wall and ceiling steamers are handheld in some capacity, and so you’ll want to make sure the unit has integrated safety features for the safest operation. One recommended feature is an automatic shut-off that alerts you once the unit is completely empty and needs to be refilled with water. This helps to prevent the boiler from overheating and burning out.
- Soft Cleaning Pads/Cleaning Surfaces: Another important feature to make sure your steam cleaners for walls and tiles have are soft cleaning pads. It’s incredibly easy to scratch your walls, especially if they’ve been painted. The last thing you’ll want is to see marks in all of the areas you’ve cleaned and be faced with the task of repainting your whole house.
The Top Steam Cleaners for Walls and Ceilings
We’ve constructed a great list of useful steam cleaners for walls and ceilings to help you choose the right model for your home. Each has their own list of benefits for you to use to your advantage if you’re looking for something to get rid of dirt that would otherwise be forgotten.
Sienna Eco Pro
The Sienna Eco Pro is an all-inclusive steam cleaner that helps you clean a variety of different surfaces, whether you need to clean your floors or the corners of your ceiling. With its user-friendly design and controls, steam cleaning walls and ceilings has never been easier.
- 1500 Watts of Power
- Environmentally Safe
- Natural Sanitization
- 7 fl. oz. Water Tank
- 40 Minutes of Continuous Steaming
- Adjustable Steam Pressure Knob
- Analog Pressure Gauge
- Soft Touch Feature
- 23-Piece Accessory Kit
- 23-Piece Accessory Kit: Remember when we said you’d want to find a steam cleaner that comes with an array of accessories? Well, the Sienna Eco Pro offers 23 different attachments that you can use for cleaning walls, bathroom counters, shower doors, and more.
- 40 Minutes of Continuous Steaming: The majority of steam cleaners don’t have nearly as large of a water tank to give you enough steam to last for 40 continuous minutes. This means you won’t have to worry about refilling the tank in the middle of the job. Even if you did (depending on the size of your home), the water tank is conveniently located in the canister of the unit.
- Adjustable Steam Pressure Knob: It’s important to have access to a control that allows you to select from different types of steam pressure, especially when you’re working with the delicate surfaces in your home. Although you may want hard pressure on the tires of your car or the tiles in your kitchen, you’re going to need a softer pressure for the walls and ceilings.
As a company that is known for their cleaning products, Bissell has also created a steam cleaner that is great for walls and ceilings. Although it does not offer as many features at the Sienna Eco Pro, it is still a convenient and easy-to-use unit that you can keep around your home.
Originally designed for industrial purposes, you can rest assured that the Bissell Hercules will work with any type of dirt that you find on your walls and on your ceilings. Plus, it has a similar canister design to the Sienna Eco Pro so you don’t have to worry about lifting a water tank and cleaning attachment to get to hard-to-reach areas.
- Lightweight and Manuverable
- 50 fl. oz. Water Tank
- 1500 Watts of Power
- 45 Minutes of Continuous Steaming
- Multi-Purpose Attachments with On-Board Storage
- 45 Minutes of Continuous Steaming: There’s nothing worse than having to stop in the middle of a clean only to refill the water tank on your steamer, especially once you get into the “cleaning groove”. With the 50 fl. oz. water tank you will easily be able to take advantage of 45 minutes of continuous steaming, which is perfect for large and small homes alike. It even gives you enough time to tackle some other areas of your home after you’ve finished the walls and ceiling.
- Multi-Purpose Attachments with On-Board Storage: All of the attachments that are included with the Bissell Hercules are designed to give you an all-inclusive clean. This means you can steam any surface from your floor to your ceiling with ease. The best part is all of the attachments come with on-board storage so you won’t have to worry about storing them separately from the unit. It’s convenient, compact, and easy to use.
ANKO Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
The ANKO Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is unique in its own right because it gives you a convenient solution to tackling smaller areas of dirt without having to use a large steam cleaner. As a handheld unit that offers convenience and portability, it’s the type of tool that you can either keep in your home or bring with you on trips. Don’t let its size fool you – as it’s power and ease of use is nothing to be threatened. With additional accessories, impressive safety features, and versatility, it’s certainly one of the front-runners when looking at steam cleaners for walls and ceilings.
- Patented Heating and Steam Pressure Control
- Full Steam Sanitization
- Environmentally Friendly
- Auto Shut-Off with Low Water
- Automatic Pressure Release
- Aluminum Alloy Die Casting Boiler Body
- Extended Power Cord and Double Insulation
- High Heating Efficiency and Energy-Saving Features
- Easy-to-Use Buttons
- Patented Heating and Steam Control: The technology within the ANKO Multi-Purpose steam cleaner gives you the ability to have more control over the heat of the steam and the amount of steam produced by the unit. You won’t have to worry about settling with a generalized amount of heat and steam that will only damage your walls.
- Easy-to-Use Buttons: Aside from all of the technological components included in the unit, you’ll also love its easy-to-use design that allows you to specify the temperature and press the steam button for immediate use. You can also take advantage of the included cleaning accessories that are designed to help you get into hard-to-reach areas such as ceiling corners and behind furniture pressed against your walls.
|Sienna Eco Pro||Bissell Hercules||ANIKO Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner|
|Water Tank Capacity||50.7 Fluid Ounces||50 Fluid Ounces||200ml|
|Adjustable Steam Pressure||N/A|
|Adjustable Heat Settings||N/A|
Our Favorite Steam Cleaner for Walls and Ceilings
At the end of the day it’s important that you not only have a device that is all-inclusive, but that is affordable and offers the perfect amount of features to get the job done. This is why we prefer the Sienna Eco Pro to any other steam cleaner for walls and ceilings on the market. It gives you the perfect level of power, the right amount of water storage in the water tank, and the ability to kill 99.9% of odor and virus causing bacteria without the need for chemicals.
Users will be able to easily adjust the steam pressure to protect the delicate surfaces of their home. You also have the ability to turn on the soft touch feature for when you’re dealing with said surfaces. It essentially has everything that you could ever need in a steam cleaner.
Recommended Cleaning Guides for You:
- How to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom
- How to use a steam cleaner on windows
- The Best Steam Cleaner Under 200
Categorised in: Steam Cleaner